The loss makes me realize destiny doesn't exist..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, I've never thought much on destiny to begin with. When Aaron Rodgers threw that first hail mary to beat the lions I thought, man that was an awesome throw and catch, but on incredibly lucky circumstances given the odds. Didn't think much of it.

Then it's, what, 4th down and 20 from our own end zone pretty much, and we convert? Probably just bad defense, but wow was that incredible.... that destiny thing doesn't seem so far fetched now does it? Then after some very sloppy time management, Rodgers somehow defies logic by throwing off his back foot from that distance to reach the end zone, to an unlikely Janis who catches the ball for what would be a game tying touchdown.

At this point destiny has me wrapped around her fingers. I can already see the headlines going into next week, the replays of the three amazing throws and catches that led up to the would be NFC champion Packers. The anticipation was roiling inside of me.

..And then we lose very anti-dramatically in two plays in OT. All that build up for absolutely nothing. Which in the end tells me everything there is about destiny, at least in football. No such thing. All there is is skill, a dash of luck, and the occasional bad call from a referee.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Destiny happened to be on Larry Fitzgerald's side. How else do you explain the tip drill TD, 4 dropped interceptions, blind referees, several 1st downs by fractions of an inch.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unless destiny wasn't meant to be realized this season, but maybe the next 3 in a row :)

This was just the precursor to destiny...or something like that

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe destiny does exist and its the Cardinals that are destined to be the world champions. Maybe it was the Packers destiny to allow Larry Fitzgerald to be the hero. I can think of lots of ways the events of Saturday night prove destiny does exist. So I guess in a way all that does is prove that you are right, destiny does not exist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts