THE FAILED GOAL LINE OPPORTUNITY is CRAP!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you blame this one on?

Here are the choices:

• Rodgers
  • Offense Line
  • Brandon Jackson
  • Kuhn
  • Mike McCarthy
  • Ted Thompson???
I completely blame MM for this one b/c of the PLAYCALL, him and his pass happy ways, calls for A ROOKIE to catch a 4th DOWN TD PASS? That's the best call in the playbook? I hate to say it, but that was stupid.

Our undersized-weak-OLINE can't get enough push against the HAYNESWORTHLESS-FIRST YEAR 3-4 DEFENSE to get 1 maybe 2 yards???

WHY CAN'T THE PACK PUNCH IT IN? that really ****** me off!

Can TT find some STRONG INTERIOR LINEMEN sometime in the next few seasons?

PERHAPS SPENDING ONE OF HIS PRECIOUS PICKS ON A QUALITY RUNNING BACK?!?

I'm so disappointed in the overall team play of this game, despite the injuries we were more then capable of winning this game

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers should've put more air under the ball from what I saw. It bounced off the helmet of the defender. I think a little more air on it and Quarless falls backwards holding the ball above his head while falling backwards.

The Skins were looking for this play though. I want to think Finley would've made that play and either got a PI penalty or caught it or both.

Quarless has talent, just needs some fine tuning.

Also you gotta know by know that McCarthy is a pass first, run second style coach. I agree whole heartly with you about it, we should be able to punch it in with a big back set and some extra TEs in the game.

He went away from it quick after being stuffed on the previous play.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That WAS a horrible throw too, and the other thing to remember that may shoot my first post in the rear end...we really DON'T have a quality back to "punch it in". Though Kuhn might've worked in that situation with Johnson blocking for him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
McCarthy for the playcalling.

If you have ****** running backs, and one of the most mobile QB's in the league not named Vince Young or Michael Vick, you have to run a bootleg in that situation. Roll Rodgers out, give him a run/pass option on the play, and I guarantee you he either runs it in or finds someone standing in the back of the end zone for a score.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that the one where we got in twice and somehow the refs said no?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are barking up the wrong tree......
My GF and I blame McCarthy.
But not for calling the wrong plays by A-Rod.
For keeping Mason on the sidelines.
A chip shot field goal would have won the game for the Pack by 3.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea when your on the 1 or 2 yard line, there is no excuse, you score a TD, it speaks volumes about a team that can't, it's a statement! pretty disappointing from an offense that was meant to be lights out, i'm just angry about it, and I'm not getting over it anytime soon, and I'm not going to be reasonable, I am an angry packer fan right now...we had a chance to be the BEST team in the NFC, and we're really ******** it up losing to 2 "rebuilding" teams...it's like a bad feeling in my stomach...I really hope that this will provoke a big turn around

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like aggressive calling like that but it was way too early in the game. Maybe because we were up 10-0 MM figured what the hell let's go for it. And I believe we typically score those and 2 point conversions =\

NYC Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think Rodgers passing accuracy is still a bit off compared to what we are used too? Im saying in general...not the dropped passes from this past Sunday...but in general.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yes. He's also been throwing in traffic more. I don't know if he was told to by the coaches or if he's gettin cocky, but its very scary sometimes... reminds me of an old Packer from not too long ago...

waffles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I enjoy the aggressiveness of the call, you have to get points. I know in hindsight its easy to say kick the FG and get the 3.. but when you're Oline is so-so at best you gotta get what you can take at any point during the game. I dont remember the series of plays called exactly but I only recall one pass.. why would you try a QB sneak or a rush when you have one of the best red zone qbs in the game today?

Its hard to fathom :(

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. He's also been throwing in traffic more. I don't know if he was told to by the coaches or if he's gettin cocky, but its very scary sometimes... reminds me of an old Packer from not too long ago...

I'm thinking they're trying to get him not to hold unto the ball for so long and that's why he's taking more chances in traffic and throwing more picks.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't remember that one...

The only goal line stand i remember is Jordy Nelson = In, John Kuhn = In, Aaron Rodgers Stopped

Nelson was not out of bounds.

Kuhn was in!

Refs should have called it a TD and let replay decide. M3 should not have even had to throw a flag, but should have.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think Rodgers passing accuracy is still a bit off compared to what we are used too? Im saying in general...not the dropped passes from this past Sunday...but in general.

His efficiency is to be expected when teams only have 1 dimension of an offense to defend. Even then, Rodgers is still moving the ball fairly well for everything that is expected of him with no run game.

This isn't pee-wee football. We need a run game or teams will continue to drop back and blitz every down.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, how could you not blame the o-line???? If you watch the play clearly arod on the play fake asoon as he turned around a defender was right in his face you guys talk about his accuracy but how many snaps you think arod and quarrels the third string te ran that play? You blame the o-line for being so squishy how the hell on the 1 yard line you get no push for 3 straight plays. Plz get our oline in the weight room they are weakk!!!!!!

Reaction score
McCarthy for the playcalling.

If you have ****** running backs, and one of the most mobile QB's in the league not named Vince Young or Michael Vick, you have to run a bootleg in that situation. Roll Rodgers out, give him a run/pass option on the play, and I guarantee you he either runs it in or finds someone standing in the back of the end zone for a score.
They ran a bootleg. A guy was in Rodgers face and he threw it up because he had no time to throw and Quarless was covered perfectly. Redskins ran a perfect play against ours. As simple as that

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_F_NrcnxOY"]YouTube - Week 5 2010 - Packers vs. Redskins Highlights[/ame]

Skip to 1:21 on the video if you want to see what im talking about

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoulda given the ball to Quinn Johnson on that play.. cmon. Hes a tank.. he may not be good but I know his big dumb *** can get 1 yard.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew they were going to do a QB sneak.
Besides the Reds D-fence, was I the only one?
I mean, it was just so cliched'. So obvious.
Sheesh.
If your going to pull a rabbit out of your hat you don't tell the audience first.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"4th and goal from the one is a low percentage pass. If it were high percentage, every team would try the 2 point conversion instead of kicking the extra point. If you have no confidence in your line and/or running game to punch it in and it's early in the game , you take the 3 points - period. " - Coaching for Dummies

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea 3 points woulda been nice too, i think 3 points is the combined total of what we have lost by in our 2 losses, if that makes sense

Members online

Latest posts