The best 4 days of the season

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
After Rodgers went down, there was really nothing that got me excited for Sunday’s. Sure, I had my fantasy teams going and I painstakingly sat through what felt like 7 hours of cringing every time I saw #7 (was that his number?) run on to the field. Then Friday happened! Nothing but amazing ESPN updates. Davante resigned. Lindsley resigned. Dom Capers Fired. Badgers win. Ted Thompson no longer GM. Happy new year Packer fans. Christmas came late this year. Now let’s talk draft.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't feel any joy. Just a sense of relief...like finished a marathon or passing an exam. Fingers crossed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't feel any joy. Just a sense of relief...like finished a marathon or passing an exam. Fingers crossed.
I’m apparently much more optimistic than many here. If Rodgers hadn’t been injured, imo we’d be 12-4 or 13-3 and be most likely the favorite to win the NFC championship. When Rodgers went down, the physical and mental team dynamic changed drastically. For better or worse, the team revolves around Rodgers. You just live and die with it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends what they do next. We are really in a pretty good position. There is work to be done, but we don't have to find a good QB, we have the best coming back. HUGE win right there. We have found our Oline has depth and can scrap. We have 2 young RB's that I have zero fear in getting lazy like the last one. These kids are hungry, in a good way. We have been able to extend our most important pieces already before the 2018 season even begins or any hint of FA. We are picking the highest we've picked in a decade and there are going to be 11 picks to use. I think we had a good draft again last year and those kids should be improving. I think Randall and Clark are already showing why they were picked and will be hitting their form, which is already pretty good. our Dline is pretty good. AND financially we are pretty set to do whatever we want to personnel wise this offseason.

There is work to be done, but unlike almost every other team that has ever been in transition, this team is not handcuffed and cash strapped, we're in pretty good position.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is work to be done, but unlike almost every other team that has ever been in transition, this team is not handcuffed and cash strapped, we're in pretty good position.

This. Depending on the GM and DC hires, we should be able to hit the ground running.

Reaction score
If Rodgers hadn’t been injured, imo we’d be 12-4 or 13-3 and be most likely the favorite to win the NFC championship..
\

I disagree.
Football is a team sport and can't be depended on one player.

Also, ask yourself this........when Rogers went down, what happen to our defense and special teams??
Their all part in winning games.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends what they do next. We are really in a pretty good position. There is work to be done, but we don't have to find a good QB, we have the best coming back. HUGE win right there. We have found our Oline has depth and can scrap. We have 2 young RB's that I have zero fear in getting lazy like the last one. These kids are hungry, in a good way. We have been able to extend our most important pieces already before the 2018 season even begins or any hint of FA. We are picking the highest we've picked in a decade and there are going to be 11 picks to use. I think we had a good draft again last year and those kids should be improving. I think Randall and Clark are already showing why they were picked and will be hitting their form, which is already pretty good. our Dline is pretty good. AND financially we are pretty set to do whatever we want to personnel wise this offseason.

but.... I thought Thompson was a terrible GM ?.... lol

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
\

I disagree.

Also, ask yourself this........when Rogers went down, what happen to our defense and special teams??
The defense and special teams are part of the overall team dynamic. The variables in team confidence and dynamics can be greatly changed by losing your linchpin. Look around the league and see what happens to other teams when key players go down.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Absolutely agree. Positioned very well. A change to a 4-3 defense would result in some personnel changes and a learning curve to be mastered, just like it was when we switched from 4-3 to 3-4 about 10 years ago. That would also be an interesting challenge for a new GM.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\

I disagree.

In theory football is a team sport. However, talent wins in the NFL. Rodgers went down and all three phases were exposed. Hopefully, because of this season, GB will construct a more balanced roster.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
\

I disagree.

Mike, I'd say NOTHING happened to the defense or special teams after Rodgers went down. They were, are and remain this team's red headed step child. :whistling:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I’m apparently much more optimistic than many here. If Rodgers hadn’t been injured, imo we’d be 12-4 or 13-3 and be most likely the favorite to win the NFC championship. When Rodgers went down, the physical and mental team dynamic changed drastically. For better or worse, the team revolves around Rodgers. You just live and die with it.
Football is a team game. Period. If your team depends on one player to win, all the other teams have to do is make that player insignificant to win. Look at the Rams this year. All teams had to do to beat them is make Gurley insignificant. That's what the Falcons did in the playoff game. It's what the Vikings did to them and what the Seahawks did to them their first game. While Gurley did have 101 yards, most of it (63 yards) was on one drive at the end of the Third beginning of the Fourth. Other than that drive, the Falcons shut him down.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In theory football is a team sport. However, talent wins in the NFL. Rodgers went down and all three phases were exposed. Hopefully, because of this season, GB will construct a more balanced roster.
You just contradicted yourself.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself.

Not really. Theory and reality can be mutually exclusive. In theory, football is a team sport where every single player is integral to success. When Aaron Rodgers went down the Packers should've galvanized and kept winning (Patriots?), but they didn't. So, that theory doesn't always apply. Aaron Rodgers talent as franchise QB offsets weaknesses. Without him, GB was exposed. The lack of talent in several key areas, in all three phases, ended a potential successful season.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, the 8 second SILENT eye watering R-I-P in the elevator...occupied elevator.

Members online

Latest posts