Terrel Owens Wrote A Book. This Ought To Be Good.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In T.O., which debuted last week, Owens likens former teammate Donovan McNabb to a bully who spat in his mouth as a teenager while he innocently slept on a school bus.

T.O are you retarded?????? Your The one that looked like the turd you moron. Thats the way it looked to me, what do you guys think??
Down be low is the whole story.

Terrell Owens says plenty in his new book. Except for one word he now claims he didn't say.

But making a big deal of an apparent misquotation -- despite the sentence being written in the first-person -- is the kind of media nitpicking Owens would lament in his 242-page book that mostly offers his side of two tumultuous seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

In T.O., which debuted last week, Owens likens former teammate Donovan McNabb to a bully who spat in his mouth as a teenager while he innocently slept on a school bus.

The new Dallas Cowboys receiver also devotes pages to his perceived vilification in the press and described his quick comeback from a leg fracture in 2004 as, "If you'll forgive me for saying so ... nothing short of heroic."

Terrell Owens claims all the words in his book are his -- except for one.
But forgive him or not, Owens said during a book signing near the Cowboys' headquarters that it was T.O. co-author Jason Rosenhaus who invented that particular phrasing.

Rosenhaus is the younger brother of Owens' agent, Drew, who Owens credits in "T.O." for the three-year, $25 million contract he got from the Cowboys in March. Jason often works with his brother on contracts.

"(Heroic) was one of the words that Jason used," said Owens, after signing his book for about 400 fans and collectors at a Wal-Mart near the Cowboys' headquarters. "... I can't say that I called it 'heroic."'

The discrepancy seems to contradict Owens' assertion of "These are my words, straight from me to you" on the book's second page.

But that bothered Cowboys fans at the Wal-Mart about as much as when Dallas signed the controversial receiver, who once grandstanded on the Cowboys' star logo at Texas Stadium when he was with San Francisco in 2000.

"(The book) really makes him come across more personable," said Christopher Taylor, 29, who read the first three chapters while waiting in line for two hours.

But it's the fourth chapter, titled "Philly's New Favorite Son," where Owens begins rehashing his soured relationship with McNabb. He traces the root of the friction to when McNabb didn't throw him the ball on a play against Cleveland during his first season with the Eagles.

From there, Owens goes on to write that an unnamed Eagles offensive coach "asked me to be very positive and supportive of Donovan" because McNabb "can get nervous and tight in big games." He later accuses McNabb of cursing at him in a huddle and, by page 56, writes "we were never close again and probably never will be."

Owens also writes at length about his suspension from the Eagles ("I thought it was horrible they were going to deprive me of my livelihood") and closes the book taking comfort in Cowboys owner Jerry Jones allegedly telling him that he also "knew what it was like to be treated like Darth Vader."

First in line for the book signing was Jason Hicks, 16, a defensive tackle at Duncanville High School who recently finished a book about former Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach.

"I'll read anything," said Hicks, holding a copy of T.O., "that has to do with football leadership."

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'll read anything," said Hicks, holding a copy of T.O., "that has to do with football leadership."

Wrong book to be reading, Jason!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like TO better than McNabb. T.O.'s an *** but you know what you got with him. McNabb is a phony prima dona that needs constant coddling by his coach. I guarantee TO has a better season than McNothing.

digs...TO is a rather intelligent man actually and a goood citizen and family man.

tromadz...ahhh I guess we can never get enough racism on this board!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why is joking about a man being stupid, racist?

on page 2 it says "in my own words" then TO says jason rosenhaus put certain words in(editing) like 'heroic.'

slow your roll, old man.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I like TO better than McNabb. T.O.'s an *** but you know what you got with him. McNabb is a phony prima dona that needs constant coddling by his coach. I guarantee TO has a better season than McNothing.

digs...TO is a rather intelligent man actually and a goood citizen and family man.

wow, depack...so after you met mcnabb & t.o., spent several days with them, got to know their families intimately, their habits, etc...you say that mcnabb is a bad person & t.o. is intelligent?!?!? fascinating!!!

just yankin yer chain, depack.

but really, the only thing any of us fans truly know are the actions that the media exposes us to. personally i think they're both jerks after things they've said & done - that we know of, that is.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O.'s first draft of his book:
"Why I iz GOD, by TO

Chatter won:
I wuz da prrittest chile uf too parents, an everywon luved me!
I iz da bestest wyd reseever eva to play in da MFL! Jerry Ryce ain't no T.O.!
Donna Van McNab di'nt bow down ta me enuff! Even dough he
NO'S i wuz da only reezun he eva gots ta play inna supper bowl!
Donna Van rippped Brit Farve a new won, cuz Farve dared ta tell ebbawon how big a jerk i iz! But dat wuzzent enuf ta make me like Donna Van.
He din't kiss mi but enuf in my view!
Now i iz a kow boy! Days gunna LUV me!
(Now T.O. hands over the "book", to have Rosenhaus elaborate a LITTLE more, to make it a bit longer!)

Note: No, this has nothing to do with race, it's because i think T.O. is a jerk, period. The way he acts is the way i wrote it. He MAY be intelligent, but he shows NO wisdom!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
why is joking about a man being stupid, racist?

on page 2 it says "in my own words" then TO says jason rosenhaus put certain words in(editing) like 'heroic.'

slow your roll, old man.

No *******...reread your post ........this time outloud. I am assuming you call anybody smarter than you old man. Go back and work on that myspace ****. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
DePack said:

wow, depack...so after you met mcnabb & t.o., spent several days with them, got to know their families intimately, their habits, etc...you say that mcnabb is a bad person & t.o. is intelligent?!?!? fascinating!!!

just yankin yer chain, depack.

but really, the only thing any of us fans truly know are the actions that the media exposes us to. personally i think they're both jerks after things they've said & done - that we know of, that is.

Pretty much........I lived through the drama being located in the area. Just thought I'd bring a little nonbiased local perspective to the table but I see you guys just wanna put a good old midwestern slant on it.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotta LOVE da midwest, depack!!! i was just jokin, by the way. i think they're both jerks - how's that?? :)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my first post I wrote that TO was an ***. I know you were joking and I DO love the midwest. Just thought you guys would like a better perspective of someone that lives here and isn't a jaded eagle fan. That's all.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
In my first post I wrote that TO was an ***. I know you were joking and I DO love the midwest. Just thought you guys would like a better perspective of someone that lives here and isn't a jaded eagle fan. That's all.

I don't like the Eagles.........(4th and 26.........4th and 26........4th and 26..........)LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best part of this whole story is that last night, on HBo To swore that he was misquoted....can you believe it!!! HIS OWN BOOK!!! :roll:

"Mommy, I see idiot people" :shock: :shock:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Best part of this whole story is that last night, on HBo To swore that he was misquoted....can you believe it!!! HIS OWN BOOK!!! :roll:

"Mommy, I see idiot people" :shock: :shock:

You guys hate him but you still watch him, talk about him and many of you will read his book. Just what the guy lives for....attention.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the autobiography where he was misquoted about being misquoted about being misquoted...

I couldn't stand Dallas before and now they add TO. I hope Parcells' and Owens' egos decide to clash. Watch the fireworks!

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, he was misquoted in his own autobiography, that he claimed came from his mouth. What is going on here. The funny thing is, he'll still be in the best seller's category b/c of his fame and all of the publicity he is receiving.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drich318 said:
Come on, he was misquoted in his own autobiography, that he claimed came from his mouth. What is going on here. The funny thing is, he'll still be in the best seller's category b/c of his fame and all of the publicity he is receiving.

Exactly! Keep putting money in his pockets suckers!

Members online

Latest posts