Teddy's future

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Yeah, because resigning a hack like Kampman is a bad move?

TT is not trying to replace Sherman's players, he is trying to replace the Packers' dead wood...some of whom were Sherman's guys.

:agree:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompsons fate is with Aaron Rodgers. Anytime you use that high of a pick on a QB it sticks to you. If Rodgers suceeds as a QB Thompson will look like a genius and Green Bay will be on winning ways. If he turns out like Kyle Boller or Joey Harrington then I can easily see him being showed the door by Harlan. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a one year extension when his contract is about to expire so his talent starts to gel and become the starters. He's cleaning Shermans mess and bringing in his own. Don't get me wrong I've been a big hater on TT for a while as well. I don't like McCarthy. I though Sherman was a good coach but not a good GM which is why I'm find with TT. Right now though TT is one of the reasons why we have money to spend. I can't imagine him not talking to players. Taylor, Pickett, and Manuel are already potential starters on defense. Hopefully he gets Pickett and even Taylor signed.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Lare said:
Whatever TT's plan is, he doesn't seem in any hurry to get it done. Almost twice as much cap room as any other team in the NFL, only one FA signed and he isn't even in Green Bay meeting with any available FAs, he's off with MM looking at draft prospects.

I agree that he has also signed two other pretty important FAs, Kampman and Green, but neither of those moves is going to improve the team. They only maintain the status quo at those positions.

To me, it seems like we have a lot of positions we need upgrading in. Hard to do with only 5 draft picks and if you don't sign any quality FAs.

so ur saying green and kampman don't help make the packers better?

I'm saying they don't make us better than we were last year. If you take five dollars out of your wallet and put it in your pocket, you aren't any richer than you were beforehand.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Lare said:
Zero2Cool said:
Lare said:
Whatever TT's plan is, he doesn't seem in any hurry to get it done. Almost twice as much cap room as any other team in the NFL, only one FA signed and he isn't even in Green Bay meeting with any available FAs, he's off with MM looking at draft prospects.

I agree that he has also signed two other pretty important FAs, Kampman and Green, but neither of those moves is going to improve the team. They only maintain the status quo at those positions.

To me, it seems like we have a lot of positions we need upgrading in. Hard to do with only 5 draft picks and if you don't sign any quality FAs.

I'm saying they don't make us better than we were last year. If you take five dollars out of your wallet and put it in your pocket, you aren't any richer than you were beforehand.

Interest.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok.......The defense did lose games last year. Did they get a turnover when we needed one? Did they make plays when they needed to? Yes the O sucked and turned the ball over but our D was not all that.

Don't let stat's cloud your judgement. When teams actually wanted to score they did. When they get ahead the NFL doesn't look to score but to eat clock. Which is what most teams did against us at will.

11 more Kampmans would get beat every game. He is not a difference maker. He is a good player yes but not a difference maker. I watched him on just about every play because I played his postion in college and on many of those placed he was pushed back 4 yds or more.

My white comment should have been stated differently. I should have said I like the guy who makes a play and pats his teammate and gets back to the huddle. I'm not a racist but 98% of the guys who play that postion are black and don't act like they have been there before.

Ask yourself where would he be with a lineup like we had in the 90's. Reggie, Jones and everyone else. I think he would be a fill in and if he left he would not have been missed.

Again....this is just one man's opinion

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
krd005 said:
Ask yourself where would he be with a lineup like we had in the 90's. Reggie, Jones and everyone else. I think he would be a fill in and if he left he would not have been missed.

Again....this is just one man's opinion

Actually go back and watch some of the films of the 96 and 97 teams, Wilkins played more snaps than Jones did, solid player that was a jack of trades but master of none. Kamp is in the top 15 DE in the game as balanced player.

As far as TT goes, I really don't like his style, however it doesn't make much sense to overpay in the first week of FA. Washington is an example, every year spend like crazy and do it again the next year. The issue is that the Packers lack something other teams have an owner to help support the signing bonus that are dealt out during the first week. Now I am not saying that I like it this inactive, however as an organization we have to be somewhat conservative on the upfront money we spend.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
11 more Kampmans would get beat every game. He is not a difference maker. He is a good player yes but not a difference maker. I watched him on just about every play because I played his postion in college and on many of those placed he was pushed back 4 yds or more.
:shock: You are absolutely sure of this?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Teddy's future

Kampman is not a big FA signing. If you think he is then we're in trouble.

He leads the league in sacks. Albeit, he has one game up on everyone. I'd consider that a big FA signing.

Zero2Cool said:
Lare said:

His sacks and pressures have made the team better. As have his tackles. I think he has over 80?

Ahman Green has helped out big time. He's only a dozen yards away from 1,000 and he's moderately sharing time with Vernand Morency.

Green and Kampman have helped make the Packers better.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How did this get posted under my name? I did not post this.
Chibiabos

quote="chibiabos"]
:shock: You are absolutely sure of this?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy's future

TT's future eh ?

I have a feeling that this off season will be the one that makes or breaks him in Green Bay, but Bears game first. TT later !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT's future eh ?

I have a feeling that this off season will be the one that makes or breaks him in Green Bay, but Bears game first. TT later !!

I said this season was the one that makes him, and the moves he made (from hawk, to mccarthy, the the oline, to woodson, to kampman) look niiiiiiice. sure manuel was a bad move, but nobodys perfect.

Yeah our record was weak this year, but it was a rebuild year, a "let the kids play and get experience so we can OWN people in the future" year. And I like how it looks, but thats me. just me.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WinnipegPackFan said:
TT's future eh ?

I said this season was the one that makes him, and the moves he made (from hawk, to mccarthy, the the oline, to woodson, to kampman) look niiiiiiice. sure manuel was a bad move, but nobodys perfect.

Yeah our record was weak this year, but it was a rebuild year, a "let the kids play and get experience so we can OWN people in the future" year. And I like how it looks, but thats me. just me.

Can't argue in that TT made "some" good / great moves trom.

Hawk
Kampman
Woodson
and I still think Jennings are all moves in the right direction for this team.

And considering the amount of youth the record is not that bad at all.

Now I want to see how he manages to bring it all together while retaining the vets that we need so our rebuilding process does not take another three years when it does not have to take that long my friend !!!