Ted Thompson skips award ceremony

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have my baby, ted:

Thompson’s award

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson was supposed to be presented with The Sporting News’ George Young executive of the year award at these meetings, but it didn’t happen, because Thompson left early for a scouting trip.

Thompson left today so he could attend USC’s pro day in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

“I think they’re going to hold off and present it later on this spring or summer,” said the Packers’ chairman emeritus, Bob Harlan, who hired Thompson in 2005. “One thing I’ve gotten a big kick out of this week is that Ted’s gotten so many accolades. We heard from a lot of people who didn’t think hiring Ted was a good idea, and it pleases me very much that he’s getting the recognition he deserves.”

-----------------------------

How can anyone hate this man? I just wanna eat him up!

(you can take that any way you want)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got his priorities straight!
Maybe he thought if he went to get the award, he would tear up on stage, and his face would melt! :lol:

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get real dude, he is changing this because his duties that got him the award don't allow him to be present.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an *******... blowing off awards ceremony then making them reschedule. Everything has to be about him...

Please tell me this is a joke....... A pro-day does not get rescheduled. Your stupid if you rather have our GM getting some bogus award rather then scouting players he could take and help us get to the superbowl.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That never gets old.

Ted Thompson would never do that. He probably takes like 5 no-doze pills before they begin. He doesn't even blink!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That never gets old.

Ted Thompson would never do that. He probably takes like 5 no-doze pills before they begin. He doesn't even blink!

haha

The scouting combine is Ted Thompson's drug of choice.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has his head screwed on right. His priorities are to take the actions to benefit his team... What more can you ask of him?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I found the sarcastic bit by subin funny.

I found it even funnier that people thought it was actually serious. No worries folks, pyle and p@ck66 are long gone!
Thats JUST what i was thinking!
I knew it was sarcasm!
Just like how i make fun of Ted's non-emotion.
I love the job they guy is doing, but making fun of his "Vulcan" like lack of emotion is just too much fun!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I found the sarcastic bit by subin funny.

I found it even funnier that people thought it was actually serious. No worries folks, pyle and p@ck66 are long gone!

I don't know, a good argument always gets the juices flowing a bit. Why don't we have a sarcasm smiley?