Teams that could give the packers fits in the playoffs

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well most likely need to beat Seattle to make it to the SB, so they concern me the most.

We would toast every other contender in the NFC.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kapernick always plays like a HOFer against us. MM doesn't know how to beat SF or SEA. Also somehow got destroyed by NO. Everyone else we should beat.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle at away or even at home can be a headache. SF is out I believe. And New Orleans game does show that the Packers away aren't the most reliable of teams. Now I agree that was then and this is now, and the Packers could blow SEA out of the water for all I know, but I can't believe that our road through the Playoff is for sure if Seattle is in the way.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver and the Pats.

I know lots of people are going to be scared of Seattle but considering I think the Pack will have HFA im not. Packers at home will not be beat by anyone. SF is going to sitting at home for the playoffs and while Seattle's going to be a trendy pick to beat us I have zero concerns about facing them in Greenbay. Hell I could see them losing in the first round if Arizona hangs on to the division and they have to go on the road to even say the Saints in what I would call the karma is a ***** bowl where the Saints would be the team this time with a losing record that hosts n knocks out the "contender" just like Seattle did to them in 2010

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kapernick always plays like a HOFer against us. MM doesn't know how to beat SF or SEA. Also somehow got destroyed by NO. Everyone else we should beat.
No need to worry about the 9ers at 7-6 they would would be hard pressed to get into the playoffs, 10-6 isn't going to do it.

H

HardRightEdge

No need to worry about the 9ers at 7-6 they would would be hard pressed to get into the playoffs, 10-6 isn't going to do it.
Yeah, stick a fork in 'em. Getting beat by Oakland with the playoffs on the line puts an end to that. They missed their window; the SB blackout orchestrated by the Free Masons and Goodell :confused: did them in. Harbaugh has one or more feet out the door.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the seahawks are starting to get hot right now but show they are beatable. Im curious to see how clay in the middle will work to combat wilson. With that being said though i think the toughest match ups we really could see would be the saints in the nfc and the broncos in the afc.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
what teams concern you in the playoffs?
None. All playoff games are pretty much the same, If a team is in the playoffs they are dangerous. Even the NFC south teams will not be a gimme. IF we end up with the #1 seed I don't see anyone beating this team at Lambeau, if it keeps playing the way it has. I expect them to be even better in a month. I expect close hard fought games. I expect to be entertained.

Still a lot of football before we even cross that bridge.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In no order:
  • Seattle Seahawks: it looks like that defense is back to being elite again. Wilson is probably the best scrambling quarterback in the league right now with Cam Newton, he's also great at avoiding hits. RG3 should watch some of his tape. The running game is very good. I think a lot of it depends on how the refs are calling the game with their physical style of play, in the playoffs they tend to let guys play.
  • Whoever wins the NFC South: for no other reason then I don't like playing a team with a losing record in the playoffs. Maybe they play with nothing to lose, not sure what it is.
  • New England Patriots (Super Bowl): The first game against them was very close. They'll be looking for revenge.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kaepernick has looked absolutely pathetic the last 2 weeks. To say that he has regressed is an understatement. The criticisms coming out of SF about him are pretty interesting, one being that despite being a hard worker he's not very coachable and doesn't listen well to criticism. His field vision is just awful. But it's a moot point. Stick a fork in SF, they're done.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is the team to beat right now other than the Packers. They're peaking at the right time and if the Packers lose another game Seattle could leapfrog up to gain HFA if they run the table which they might.

Detroit is also looking good. Their defense is still tough and Stafford has picked it up a notch. Week 17 could decide the NFC North.

If the Packers get HFA, I would favor them against any team. If they have to go to Detroit or Seattle, those would be very tough games on the road.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is the only team that scares me, but they scare me a lot less at Lambeau than they would in Seattle.

Mark it down, December 21st, Sunday night game. Seattle at Arizona. The winner is going to take the division and probably a #1 or #2 seed. It's a very big deal.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Seattle is the only team that scares me, but they scare me a lot less at Lambeau than they would in Seattle.

Mark it down, December 21st, Sunday night game. Seattle at Arizona. The winner is going to take the division and probably a #1 or #2 seed. It's a very big deal.
We win out and Dec 28 decides the number 1 seed. A very big deal. I don't know why there is so much hand wringing about Seattle. Labor day is long past and this is a team that has gelled very nicely. The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. We are the best team in the NFC and I think the NFL. Bring em on.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We win out and Dec 28 decides the number 1 seed. A very big deal. I don't know why there is so much hand wringing about Seattle. Labor day is long past and this is a team that has gelled very nicely. The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. We are the best team in the NFC and I think the NFL. Bring em on.

Well, they won the Super Bowl last year. They dominated us in Week 1. (Granted, we are a different team since then, but they had no trouble with us). They are playing really well right now. So there's a lot of reasons for the concern. It's not hand wringing, but credit where credit is due. That secondary can shut down anyone.

I'm certainly not saying we can't beat them, although I wouldn't be crazy about our odds if we had to go to Seattle again. I would certainly like our odds at Lambeau. But this thread is about the team most likely to give us problems if we faced them in the playoffs and of the potential opponents, Seattle would certainly top my list.

Reaction score
Yeah. Seattle looks like their old self. I think they are the biggest hurdle between us and another Championship. I think if we remain relatively healthy we will win out and play Seattle at home for the NFC title, and personally I think that's fair because they got home field advantage the first week.. it's payback time

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm counting San Francisco out of the playoff picture at this point. They're a real long shot.

In order of who I fear the most-

1. Seattle
2. Detroit
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. Philadelphia
6. Arizona
7. Atlanta
8. Carolina(They're very much alive after today)

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's go Arizona

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm counting San Francisco out of the playoff picture at this point. They're a real long shot.

In order of who I fear the most-

1. Seattle
2. Detroit
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. Philadelphia
6. Arizona
7. Atlanta
8. Carolina(They're very much alive after today)

Yup those are the teams and the first 5 or so can beat anyone any given sunday.

Seattle is gelling, Detroit is getting all its players back, Dallas, NO and Philly has fire power, AZ has the Defense.

Seattle and Detroit would be the two toughest.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watched the game, the NO game was much closer than the score would indicate. A couple of breaks go the other way and we win a close game, but the cards just didn't fall that way late in that game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seattle, by far. Their defense has played absolutely lights out over the last three games (since Bobby Wagner returned from injury) allowing an average of 169 (!!!) total yards vs. Arizona, San Francisco and Philadelphia (teams with a 26-13 combined record).

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we play in greenbay. And seattle loses its 12th man......... I like our chances... Even in seattle I like our chances. But in GB..........

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts