Teams that could give the packers fits in the playoffs

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we play in greenbay. And seattle loses its 12th man......... I like our chances... Even in seattle I like our chances. But in GB..........

Seattle scares me more than any team in the NFL no matter where we play them. The Packers will beat Detroit going away. They'd beat Atlanta...San Fran... Arizona at home no problem. Seattle is the biggest threat because they have it on both sides of the ball.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Packers were just awful in the opener. They showed weakness by conceding so much of the field when playing on offense. Sherman giving Rodgers an earful at the end of the game was very humiliating but Rodgers and the Packers deserved it. The Packers beat themselves by playing scared against a really good team. Not a formula for success. In some endeavors one cannot be timid, period. But I doubt they'll make those foolish mistakes again. The opener may as well have been last season it was so long ago.

If the Packers can get home field advantage throughout, take the fight to their opponents and concede nothing, AND they can stay healthy --especially where they are paper-thin (at OL and IL)-- then anything (good) can happen. I look forward to the playoffs and it does not matter who the opposition will be.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFC playoffs, I only see Seattle as a real threat. They play good, hard-nosed football. I like our chances but Wilson is playing well and still using his legs, which is tough for our team to defend.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely Seattle. The beast scares me most. I think Filly showed that to limit him the big guys on the line have to get to him first. That said, everyone has to be taken seriously.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle for two reasons: 1) They have an offense that's built to work in any weather

2) (most important) they run the exact style of defense that gives the Packers' offense fits. The Saints stopped our offense by playing two safeties deep and making us ****-n-dunk the ball downfield. The Vikings have actually slowed down our offense pretty well in both games (the first game was misleading since the offense went four plays or less on about half their drives) by doing pretty much the same thing.

I doubt MM and Rodgers show the same level of fear for Sherman that they showed in the first game but any game against a defense as good as Seattle's is concerning because it's very difficuly to really pull away and force them to alter their offensive gameplan.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I'll say is if GB makes it the Bowl, they will win it...they're toughest competition will be in the NFC...

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is one team that scares the living crap out of me in the playoffs. However from reading over one of their message boards they don't seem to respect us that much.....Yeah I'd want to see them come into Lambeau and play us. I can't stand stand their fans, AT ALL, and some are cool. However the amount of bandwagoners I've met this past year with that team drives me up a wall.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is one team that scares the living crap out of me in the playoffs. However from reading over one of their message boards they don't seem to respect us that much.....Yeah I'd want to see them come into Lambeau and play us. I can't stand stand their fans, AT ALL, and some are cool. However the amount of bandwagoners I've met this past year with that team drives me up a wall.

I can't stand their whole 12th man and being the loudest. Well, second loudest now.

Their stadium was literally designed to be loud. Yes, the fans now feed off it and are crazy at the games, but there would be no record or even close to it without that stadium.

Plus, where were all the 12th man talk and sound records before this team got good? The stadium has been around since 2004, but no 12th man and records until recently.

And their sellout streak started about when Holmgren came around and got them good. Coincidence?? That screams bandwagon fans right there.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in Seattle in October talking to a old time seahawks fan and he was telling me it took his brother 2 years to get season tickets after applying for them! He thought that was a long time! They have a long ways to go to be like the faithful Packer fans!

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand their whole 12th man and being the loudest. Well, second loudest now.

Their stadium was literally designed to be loud. Yes, the fans now feed off it and are crazy at the games, but there would be no record or even close to it without that stadium.

Plus, where were all the 12th man talk and sound records before this team got good? The stadium has been around since 2004, but no 12th man and records until recently.

And their sellout streak started about when Holmgren came around and got them good. Coincidence?? That screams bandwagon fans right there.

Oh I can't stand, the recent group of young Seahawks "fans" I see showing up nearly every Sunday where I watch Packers games. They are some of the phoniest, bandwagon, idiotic fans I've ever met in my life. I know ONE Seahawks fan, who was an Oakland Raiders fan no longer than 4-5 years ago that lives here. I remember when he thought Pete Carroll sucked so much that he wanted to become a Packers fan...

Members online

Latest posts