Target Jadeveon Clowney?

MolineGeneseo12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Depending how this year comes down,
maybe someone knows the specifics of Gary’s contract front loaded etc. I remember the Mandarich pick how it shook out, Gary is just taking a roster spot up, eat the damn contract. The longer Clowney’s holdout goes, he may take a 1 year play for future contract...anyone remember Peppers. Clowney’s agent will try to get him the best deal, 1 year performance latent contract may be the best he gets, the unknown pandemic will also enter this equation. No way will he get JJ money .

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe someone knows the specifics of Gary’s contract front loaded etc. I remember the Mandarich pick how it shook out, Gary is just taking a roster spot up, eat the damn contract. The longer Clowney’s holdout goes, he may take a 1 year play for future contract...anyone remember Peppers. Clowney’s agent will try to get him the best deal, 1 year performance latent contract may be the best he gets, the unknown pandemic will also enter this equation. No way will he get JJ money .

It's a rookie contract. They're generally all four years with a fifth year option (for first round picks). You have to royally suck to be cut before four years. I think that Gary is a project with the potential to boom this year or next.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe Gary is a bust, and will not make the roster, next year 2021.

Gary will definitely be on the roster for another three years.

maybe someone knows the specifics of Gary’s contract front loaded etc. I remember the Mandarich pick how it shook out, Gary is just taking a roster spot up, eat the damn contract.

Gary's rookie contract is fully guaranteed, therefore the Packers wouldn't save any cap space by moving on from him before it expires after the 2022 season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard he turned down $15 mil from the Seahawks for a one-year deal, sorry I don't know the details. The devil is always in the details.

He's talented, but the Packers have needs elsewhere, so I think I'd pass.
With the Smith Bro’s. And hopefully more production from Gary, the team simply doesn’t need a guy like Clowney. Better play and more depth in the interior D is what is needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts