Taking a look at possible candidates who the Packers might look at in this year's NFL Draft

Will the Packers take T.J. Watt with their first round pick?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Packers most likely need two draft picks capable of starting immediately at cornerback and right guard though.
I expect the opening day starters are likely already on the roster unless Thompson finds more FA's out there to spend some of his bank on.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
If Corey Davis falls all the way to 29 I think the Packers would snap him up immediately.
With Adams in a contract yr and Jordy & Cobb both having 2 yrs left, (w/ their combined cap hit next yr being $20M) it's a possibility that needs to be discussed, because the value would be there. On the flip side, Ted has never drafted a WR in the 1st Rd, so I wouldn't bet on it. I think they could address WR in the 2nd or 3rd this yr. Ted likes his 2nd rd WR's (Jordy, Cobb, Adams)

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the opening day starters are likely already on the roster unless Thompson finds more FA's out there to spend some of his bank on.

It's a scary thought that the starters at one of the cornerback spots and right guard are already on the roster. Unfortunately the pickings in free agency currently are extremely thin resulting in the draft being the best option to address those positions.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a scary thought that the starters at one of the cornerback spots and right guard are already on the roster. Unfortunately the pickings in free agency currently are extremely thin resulting in the draft being the best option to address those positions.
The only thing to fear, is fear itself. :)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, this would be a whole lot easier if Thompson would just let us take a peek at his draft board. The more I think about this, I think he'll end up taking someone at 29 that has unexpectedly fallen. I really wouldn't be surprised if it is a safety or WR either. I also wouldn't be surprised if he put together some package and traded back with Cleveland or some other team that finds themselves with two 2nd round picks. I'd be happy if we ended up with no pick at 29 and three 2nd round picks plus a late round throwin on the package deal.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we ended up with no pick at 29 and three 2nd round picks plus a late round throwin on the package deal.

I would be fine with trading back with a team picking early in the 2nd round as well, if there is a decent group of guys we are interested in when we are on the clock at #29. However, I wouldn't expect much more that an early #2 and an early #4 for the pick.

"Value" of #29 pick: 640 points

#33 pick: 580 points
#108 pick: 78 points

Members online

Latest posts