Tackling....

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it me or is our tackling not that good? Defense did good enough for us to win versus buffalo but oh gawd the tackling wasn't that great. let me know what everyone think

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I listed "Packers' tackling" as a Dud for the game. The defense played well enough to win and credit to Buffalo's RBs for their drive and never giving up but holy crap was there a play in which their RBs didn't gain YAC?

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listed "Packers' tackling" as a Dud for the game. The defense played well enough to win and credit to Buffalo's RBs for their drive and never giving up but holy crap was there a play in which their RBs didn't gain YAC?
i totally agree, one play DIX had them for like a 6 yard loss and he blew the tackle. I was on fire. if we want to win against elite teams we have to tackle way better.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was on series that had several plays with defense tackling very poorly, think it was the Bills series after Packers scored a TD. But other than that series I thought tackling was decent.

How bad could it have been... Bills had 13 1st downs, 255 total yards and 3.4 yards/rush.

H

HardRightEdge

It's been a problem for several years now. The one-on-one tackling is sub-par. This is a defense that must motor and pursue to get the job done.

In this case, I would not point to it as a cause for the loss. Orton was who we thought he was. The Bills offense needs to control the ball, was 4-16 on third downs, and scored 12 points in the process.

Poor tackling has been, and likely will be again, something to get upset about.

D

Deleted member 6794

There was on series that had several plays with defense tackling very poorly, think it was the Bills series after Packers scored a TD. But other than that series I thought tackling was decent.

How bad could it have been... Bills had 13 1st downs, 255 total yards and 3.4 yards/rush.

The Bills had 96 of their 113 rushing yards after contact and the defense missed 11 tackles. While holding Buffalo to only four FGs was a great job by the defense the tackling was awful at times.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tackling was horrendous. I saw multiple times when a Packer hit the runner hard but failed to wrap him up. Poor technique.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HHCD is a player on the rise, and I really think he will develop into a great one. With that said, he really needs to focus more on the technique of tackling as does most of our defense. Just running into players is not enough - WRAP THEM UP!!!

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch a lot of rugby and comparatively the tackling has gotten worse in the NFL over the past 10 years.

In rugby your taught to wrap a guy up snd bring him down, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but especially in the secondary, it seems like there goal is to turn the ball over. This is brilliant if successful, but the majority of times it just leads to a poor attempt of a tackle and the loss of even more yards.

To me, just bring the man down and kill the play. If you get a turnover in the process, bonus!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts