Surprising my Wife on Christmas and Need some info Please

Ozzy1399

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a big surprise for my Packer maniac of a wife and I am flying her down from Alaska for the Dec 25 game against the Bears. We arrive in the afternoon on Dec 24. My question is what is there for us to do and where is there to eat on Christmas Eve in GB and where should we go on Christmas Day before the game for tailgating etc... Thanks!!!! I look forward to our trip to Lambeau!!!

Gblow15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the NUMBER ONE stop that is a MUST is Kroll West across from Lambeau Field...I'd say Eve night you go there (if its not closed) to get the best chili or burgers in the nation! As far as tailgating goes you can never go wrong with the tailgate zone in the parking lot OR Stadium View, or the many other stadium bars very near by. But Krolls is a MUST!

OP
OP
Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the tailgating free or is there a cost to enter the parking lot? We will hit Krolls!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
All tailgating is free to enter if your driving it will run you 5-25 bucks to park and you cant park at Lambeau. Also I know for a fact that stadium view and Anduzzis bar will be open Christmas eve and that Anduzzis will be serving a Christmas like style dinner. Any more questions feel free to ask here or pm me.

OP
OP
Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a hotel close by and don't plan on driving to the game. We will take a hotel shuttle or the Packer bus. How early on Game days are the Tailgating parties started? Especially since it's Christmas and the game is at 7pm.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
My wife and I had a great meal at Titletown Brewery. A really cool old restored Train Depot in GB. I could not believe the price of the steak for the quality. What a deal. Really cool environment too. Big old fireplace in the old waiting rooms.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of my family is going to that game, too. Threw a wrench into our Christmas plans. I second Titletown... good food and reasonably priced. It's downtown by the river on Dousman. Someone mentioned Krolls and that's also good - and the one on the West side is on Ridge, right across from Lambeau. Are you staying on the West side?

As for tailgating, people are generally pretty good wherever you go about letting others join in. You'll find something. Otherwise, as previously mentioned, Stadium View (near the intersection of Holmgren and Lombardi) always throws a great party.

(If you don't feel like going out, there's a really old convenience store a few blocks down from Lambeau called Mason's Red Owl that has really good fried chicken made to order. It's at the intersection of 9th and 12th).

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a big surprise for my Packer maniac of a wife and I am flying her down from Alaska for the Dec 25 game against the Bears. We arrive in the afternoon on Dec 24. My question is what is there for us to do and where is there to eat on Christmas Eve in GB and where should we go on Christmas Day before the game for tailgating etc... Thanks!!!! I look forward to our trip to Lambeau!!!
I'm guessing Curly's Pub will be open inside Lambeau, too, and it would make a trip to the ProShop really convenient. Lambeau is a sight both inside and out! I bet the Hall of Fame will be open before the game, too.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
You, my friend, are an AWESOME husband. Don't worry, by the time you get to your hotel, there should be lots of action in the area. You won't have to look too far to find other Packers enthusiasts. Kroll's is on the west side of the stadium. About one block east of the stadius are several other Packers bars. Take a picture of your wife's expression when she get the surprise. :D

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are "The Man"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take her to the Union Hotel in De Pere for dinner. Its good food and Lombardi used to take the Mrs there after games

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, how are you "surprising" her on the plane into Green Bay lol? Awesome though! I wish my wife knew what a first down was let alone loved the Packers!

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one helluva Christmas gift. Nice work!!

Depending on where you are staying. If you are downtown GB, Hinterland Brewery is rad.
It's pricey thought, so if you go, you can always bypass the restaurant and go to the upstairs bar.
Killer garlic fries and fantastic beer. They are on Broadway and Dousman.

http://www.hinterlandbeer.com/

Karvana is good place to grab a coffee in the morning too. It's on Broadway

http://www.kavarna.com/

If you are closer to Lambeau, Cheesecake Heaven is good. Players tend to grab food there which is cool.
It's on Oneida about two blocks from Lambeau

http://www.cheesecakeheaven.com/

Green Bay Distillery has a nice selection of beer and has good pub fare. Prices are decent.
It's right across the street from the Don Hudson center which is a block from Lambeau

http://www.greenbaydistillery.com/

Hope that helps. Have a great time!!

-Dan

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I love Kavarna! During the summer my friends and I go almost every Wednesday, because they have the farmer's market right there. Broadway in general has some really nice gems if you're willing to spend time downtown seeking them out.

OP
OP
Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, how are you "surprising" her on the plane into Green Bay lol? Awesome though! I wish my wife knew what a first down was let alone loved the Packers!
I'm surprising her with the whole package 3 hours before our plane leaves Alaska. :0

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
There are about 30 things I could post about the title of this thread. But I will be nice!

And I hope you both have a good time. Post pictures if you dare.

Oh yeah, were in Alaska are you coming from?

OP
OP
Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are about 30 things I could post about the title of this thread. But I will be nice!

And I hope you both have a good time. Post pictures if you dare.

Oh yeah, were in Alaska are you coming from?
Coming in from Anchorage and thank you for being nice. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts