1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Surprising my Wife on Christmas and Need some info Please

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Ozzy1399, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a big surprise for my Packer maniac of a wife and I am flying her down from Alaska for the Dec 25 game against the Bears. We arrive in the afternoon on Dec 24. My question is what is there for us to do and where is there to eat on Christmas Eve in GB and where should we go on Christmas Day before the game for tailgating etc... Thanks!!!! I look forward to our trip to Lambeau!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gblow15

Gblow15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the NUMBER ONE stop that is a MUST is Kroll West across from Lambeau Field...I'd say Eve night you go there (if its not closed) to get the best chili or burgers in the nation! As far as tailgating goes you can never go wrong with the tailgate zone in the parking lot OR Stadium View, or the many other stadium bars very near by. But Krolls is a MUST!

3. Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Is the tailgating free or is there a cost to enter the parking lot? We will hit Krolls!

4. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    All tailgating is free to enter if your driving it will run you 5-25 bucks to park and you cant park at Lambeau. Also I know for a fact that stadium view and Anduzzis bar will be open Christmas eve and that Anduzzis will be serving a Christmas like style dinner. Any more questions feel free to ask here or pm me.

5. Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We have a hotel close by and don't plan on driving to the game. We will take a hotel shuttle or the Packer bus. How early on Game days are the Tailgating parties started? Especially since it's Christmas and the game is at 7pm.

6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    My wife and I had a great meal at Titletown Brewery. A really cool old restored Train Depot in GB. I could not believe the price of the steak for the quality. What a deal. Really cool environment too. Big old fireplace in the old waiting rooms.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,794
    That's real nice what your doing for your wife.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
  9. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Most of my family is going to that game, too. Threw a wrench into our Christmas plans. I second Titletown... good food and reasonably priced. It's downtown by the river on Dousman. Someone mentioned Krolls and that's also good - and the one on the West side is on Ridge, right across from Lambeau. Are you staying on the West side?

As for tailgating, people are generally pretty good wherever you go about letting others join in. You'll find something. Otherwise, as previously mentioned, Stadium View (near the intersection of Holmgren and Lombardi) always throws a great party.

(If you don't feel like going out, there's a really old convenience store a few blocks down from Lambeau called Mason's Red Owl that has really good fried chicken made to order. It's at the intersection of 9th and 12th).

10. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    Ditto - she will never forget it! Best gift imaginable. Go, Pack, Go!

11. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    I'm guessing Curly's Pub will be open inside Lambeau, too, and it would make a trip to the ProShop really convenient. Lambeau is a sight both inside and out! I bet the Hall of Fame will be open before the game, too.

12. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    You, my friend, are an AWESOME husband. Don't worry, by the time you get to your hotel, there should be lots of action in the area. You won't have to look too far to find other Packers enthusiasts. Kroll's is on the west side of the stadium. About one block east of the stadius are several other Packers bars. Take a picture of your wife's expression when she get the surprise. :D

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  14. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Damn it, Rizzo. There goes another week's paycheck.

15. vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    You are "The Man"

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    take her to the Union Hotel in De Pere for dinner. Its good food and Lombardi used to take the Mrs there after games

17. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    OK, how are you "surprising" her on the plane into Green Bay lol? Awesome though! I wish my wife knew what a first down was let alone loved the Packers!

18. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    That's one helluva Christmas gift. Nice work!!

Depending on where you are staying. If you are downtown GB, Hinterland Brewery is rad.
    It's pricey thought, so if you go, you can always bypass the restaurant and go to the upstairs bar.
    Killer garlic fries and fantastic beer. They are on Broadway and Dousman.

http://www.hinterlandbeer.com/

Karvana is good place to grab a coffee in the morning too. It's on Broadway

http://www.kavarna.com/

If you are closer to Lambeau, Cheesecake Heaven is good. Players tend to grab food there which is cool.
    It's on Oneida about two blocks from Lambeau

http://www.cheesecakeheaven.com/

Green Bay Distillery has a nice selection of beer and has good pub fare. Prices are decent.
    It's right across the street from the Don Hudson center which is a block from Lambeau

http://www.greenbaydistillery.com/

Hope that helps. Have a great time!!

-Dan

19. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    ^ I love Kavarna! During the summer my friends and I go almost every Wednesday, because they have the farmer's market right there. Broadway in general has some really nice gems if you're willing to spend time downtown seeking them out.

20. Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm surprising her with the whole package 3 hours before our plane leaves Alaska. :0

21. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
  22. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    There are about 30 things I could post about the title of this thread. But I will be nice!

And I hope you both have a good time. Post pictures if you dare.

Oh yeah, were in Alaska are you coming from?

23. Ozzy1399

Ozzy1399 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Coming in from Anchorage and thank you for being nice. :)