SuperBowl Ring for sale on E-bay - Why?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was on the Sunday morning News on NBC...

Former CB, Myers, of the New England Pats has listed his SuperBowl ring for sale on E-Bay starting at $25,000

To me, this is wrong, just down right wrong. I would think that this guy has some god given talent that some Employer somewhere could make use of so that instead of finding some way to buy fish, this man could get the chance to learn how to fish for himself.

Not pushing religion here - - but the sentence is pertinent in this regard...

Jesus said give a man a fish and he'll eat that day.
But, "teach" a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his Life!

(I paraphrase, but you understand the intent)

I wonder if in the world of Blogo-spheres, if someone can start threads which will spread and garner some focus on that thought?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
coke head?
So, is that it? He's a drug addict?

Personally, I don't know as I haven't read too much up on the guy..
But, the inference still stands.. others in the League, or retired, could help this guy out... At least with the access they're granted in medicine circles, it seems,.... they would be able to get something going!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
coke head?
So, is that it? He's a drug addict?

i was completely joking...but anythings possible. in any case, he pissed away his salary somehow. if i was a teammate of his, i would offer to buy it off him...he can buy it back from me when he gets back on his feet. just a loan with some really precious collateral, and a good incentive to pay me back too.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i see no big deal. as far as i know the guy is out of the league, he had a grand total of 20 tackles for the pats and i don't think he was even on the field during the super bowl. i couldn't find anything at least. guy probably doesn't wanna get a real job and doesn't feel like he was a part of the team and helped them win it.

Members online

Latest posts