Suh, Lions defense gunning for Rodgers

Travis Duncan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had this to say about the Packers on Tuesday:

"By all means, do I think our team is at their level, to be able to play against them. I don’t see them as a golden-perfect team. Everybody has flaws in this league, but everybody has great things they do. It’s just a matter of eliminating mistakes on our time and on our team and causing them to make as many mistakes as possible."

On the flip side Aaron Rodgers told the media today that he remembers the Lions did so well against them last year in a 7-3 loss that they "Gave me a concussion".

Rodgers added, "They’re a stout defense. They’ve got as good a front four as you’re going to see in the game, and they’re improving everywhere else."

The Lions front four is Suh at tackle, Cliff Avril at defensive end, tackle Corey Williams and at right defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch. (The rest of the Lions starting defense is as follows:OLB Justin Durant, MLB Stephen Tulloch, OLB DeAndre Levy, LCB Chris Houston, RCB Eric Wright, SS Amari Spievey, FS Louis Delmas)​
Packers right guard Josh Sitton will have the task of blocking Suh.​
"I think anytime you line up and play against a defense that is No. 1 in the League in third down, that tells you something about the success they are having," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday.
The Lions are ranked No. 9 in the league in total defense, and tied for 8th in total sacks with 27. Suh has just three sacks so far this season in 10 games. Last season he led defensive tackles with 10 for the year.

Another thing the Lions want to do is somehow get the Packers to turn the ball over.

The Lions are fifth in turnover margin through 10 games with +9 (23 takeaways, 14 giveaways). Their 23 takeaways are tied for second in the NFL this season. They are also tied for second in the NFL with 15 interceptions.

Of course those stats don't necessarily indicate what kind of pressure they can put on Rodgers.

Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga admitted they didn't play their best against the Lions last year, "It was just a poorly played game. That may be a nice way of putting it, too."

Members online

Latest posts