Studs n duds Seattle

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Eveerybody keeps saying how good our o-line was protecting Rogers. I saw Roger's pretty much have to run out the pocket on most of his plays to escape tacklers. Seemed like every time Wilson went back, he had lots of time to survey the field. If our line was giving Rogers that much time we would have scored MANY more points.

D

Deleted member 6794

Eveerybody keeps saying how good our o-line was protecting Rogers. I saw Roger's pretty much have to run out the pocket on most of his plays to escape tacklers. Seemed like every time Wilson went back, he had lots of time to survey the field.

The interior offensive line was great in pass protection, that´s why Rodgers was able to get away from the pressure the tackles allowed. Bakhtiari and Barclay have to improve over the next few weeks.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-seahawks-b99580959z1-328602341.html

WR -4

Off line 4

Linsley was impressive in his battle with Brandon Mebane, a powerful and seasoned nose tackle. Mebane drew a holding penalty against Linsley on a botched play, and also wheeled by him for one-half of a pressure. Otherwise, Linsley maintained ideal position in pass protection. He is mastering the fine line between being too aggressive and not aggressive enough.

Along with Sitton, they almost never get knocked back. Jordan Hill, an explosive young inside rusher, didn't get a sniff against the interior. Other than the first run of the game and an illegal-hands penalty, Sitton was consistent.

Lang could have sustained a little better in the run game against 3-technique Ahtyba Rubin. He also delivered some punishing help blocks on DE Cliff Avril. The Packers slid the line toward Don Barclay thinking Linsley could handle himself one-on-one in protection.

Barclay's competition with the undersized but still bull-rushing Avril wasn't clean. His no-sack, two-pressure day would have been higher if somebody other than Rodgers had been playing quarterback. Barclay allowed two of the five "bad" runs, too. But considering it was his first start in 20 months and the caliber of opposition, Barclay successfully filled in for injured Bryan Bulaga. He kept at least half of his body in contact with either Avril or Michael Bennett all day long.

Barclay and David Bakhtiari were bull-rushed repeatedly. Bakhtiari seemed to be inviting Irvin or Bennett to get to his outside edge, and from there he tried to push them around the horn. At times it worked, and at other times (3½ pressures, including two sacks) it didn't.

Bakhtiari was steady and persistent in the run game. On the five carries when linemen pulled, the gain was 19. While his edges often collapsed, Rodgers' security blanket was knowing the middle of the pocket was secure.

Q/B--5

RB-- 3.5

Def Line-- 4.5

LB-- 4

Secondary --4

Kickers --4.5

ST-- 4

Overall---4.5

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ne

these are trends that these coaches are starting imo
Yes I hope you are right, especially with the D. It's promising that they put on such a good performance against the likes of Lynch, Wilson, and Graham this early in the season. And the O played great against a very good D with Nelson, Lacy, Adams, and Bulaga all out. It's a great, great start.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Josh Sitton our most underrated player? I don't think most fans recognize how consistent and elite he's been at the LG spot over the last couple years.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Josh Sitton our most underrated player? I don't think most fans recognize how consistent and elite he's been at the LG spot over the last couple years.

Considering he's widely regarded as one of the absolute best guards, normally argued as THE best, in all of football it's kinda hard to call him underrated

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering he's widely regarded as one of the absolute best guards, normally argued as THE best, in all of football it's kinda hard to call him underrated
He's been getting quite a bit of mention the last two years as one of the best guards in the league. You tend to just not hear as much about guards and centers as other positions.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been getting quite a bit of mention the last two years as one of the best guards in the league. You tend to just not hear as much about guards and centers as other positions.
I think that's true. I believe Collinsworth called him out during the Seattle game as possibly the best at his position. The problem is that it's just not a "****" position on O compared to QB, RB, WR and on. But Sitton opens up some huge lanes for the runners, and his pass protection is great. I do think he gets proper notice. It's just not a position that commentators focus on. If anything, they're more apt to talk about the O line as a unit, good or not so good.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not my point. For him being widely regarded as being one of if not the best at his position, he is rarely talked about. Even at an unskilled position I've still heard way more about Bulaga, Linsley, etc. while this guy just quietly produces at an All-World level with just as stong of importance to the Packers. Maybe there's a better term here that is escaping me at the moment.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not my point. For him being widely regarded as being one of if not the best at his position, he is rarely talked about. Even at an unskilled position I've still heard way more about Bulaga, Linsley, etc. while this guy just quietly produces at an All-World level with just as stong of importance to the Packers. Maybe there's a better term here that is escaping me at the moment.

There probably is but underrated isn't it. As has been said guards don't get alot of publicity. The fact that people go out of their way to talk about one shows how highly he's rated

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
You think the half we're we had a 10 point lead is a dud? If you would've said 3 quarter fine but damn
So whats the difference in 3quarters, which you said you would disagree, would get a dud than 2 quarters which was a dud? did you think your diss thru?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So whats the difference in 3quarters, which you said you would disagree, would get a dud than 2 quarters which was a dud? did you think your diss thru?

Not 3 quarters. The 3rd quarter, ya know the one were we gave up the 10 point lead, was a dud in and of itself. The 1st 2, the half were we had a 10 point lead, is hardly a dud and you haven't made any points to it being one unless any half of football were we don't outscore the other team by 20 is considered a dud in your mind.

Did you think your response through?