Studs and Duds: Lions game

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Dom Capers for me. Dial up more blitzes, not. We never got close to Stafford. They always say that he has one of the greatest defensive minds in football. I strongly disagree. Detroit had the ball for a full 15 minutes than we did.

I agree. I think he has not tried to adapt to teams catching on to his D plans. He does not dial up any more of those twist blitzs. I know we don't have CM3, but there has to be a way of getting pressure in his absence. His wanna-be, so called blitzs are to easy for the other teams QB to pick up on and audible a block or change the play. Capers seems to have lost his crazy scheme book

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think he has not tried to adapt to teams catching on to his D plans. He does not dial up any more of those twist blitzs. I know we don't have CM3, but there has to be a way of getting pressure in his absence. His wanna-be, so called blitzs are to easy for the other teams QB to pick up on and audible a block or change the play. Capers seems to have lost his crazy scheme book
Yes, wondering if his dog ate it. I would love if we could bring back the psycho stuff! After all, it was BJ Raji playing pass coverage with a pick-6 that gave us the TD that sealed up the NFC champ game in 2010.

H

HardRightEdge

Stud:

Mike Daniels, who provided the momentum shift.

I don't think so. The Lions came right back and moved the ball 30 yard with 3 first downs to mid-field. Their outstanding offensive execution was still on track. Then the Shields pick...that shifted the momentum in my mind.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As good as Matthews is i hate how we have to depend so heavily on him to even have a pass rush. Can we please find another guy who can get the qb? i don't care where he comes from.

O-line still can't pass block very well.

Lb's without Matthews are a below average. Hawk is ok, Jones is terrible in space and Zombo shoulda been cut a long time ago. Wheres So'oto?

Fishwhisper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Running game

Cobb

Tramon Williams

The field crew (if this would have been in Soldier field it would have been a complete mess)

Duds

Pass rush

Passing game

You forgot McCarthy's " dud" decision to have crosby kick a 50+ yrd field goal. Missed last 7 over 50yrds.
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Fishwhisper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm concerned why McCarthy had Crosby try a 50+ yrd field goal? He had missed the last 7 .
Is he just trying to back Crosby or is he insane?
Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot McCarthy's " dud" decision to have crosby kick a 50+ yrd field goal. Missed last 7 over 50yrds.
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I have mixed feeling on Crosby, and I think teams generally overreact to kickers (see David Akers) but if we have a kicker that can not make 50 yrd field goals I think we need to look elsewhere

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Wheres So'oto?
Bench.
I'm concerned why McCarthy had Crosby try a 50+ yrd field goal? He had missed the last 7 .
Is he just trying to back Crosby or is he insane?
Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting different results.
Call me crazy, but I actually think he can hit it. He's done it before, just not lately

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I forgot...

Duds: Zombo and whomever is responsible for him being on the field

Agreed. Not only was Zombo taken out on a block by the QB, but he also was sucked in on the fake and allowed that same QB run untouched to the end zone.

H

HardRightEdge

Duds: Those 3 Lambeau leaps were pretty sad. I thought Rodgers was gonna strain an oblique.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels made the play that changed the game. Rogers' TD run basically iced it (along with Crosby's FG); and the defense stopped the Lions from coming back. Great team win. It will be a different defense with Matthews and Woodson. With them, everyone will be singing Capers' genius; not just those of us who have always liked him.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree with those that said where is So'oto? The times I have seen him, he has been a beast, wonder why he has not been plugged in with all the injuries. He would certainly be a step up from Zombie slow zombo and lost in the woods brad jones.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with those that said where is So'oto? The times I have seen him, he has been a beast, wonder why he has not been plugged in with all the injuries. He would certainly be a step up from Zombie slow zombo and lost in the woods brad jones.

If he would be a step up from Zombo he WOULD be in there..

Coaches must think he isnt a step up

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Zombo will be back next year. So'Oto either.

It would be nice if they can bring Walden back. Matthews/Perry/Walden/Moses is a nice deep OLB group.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, they must see something we, I, you, everyone else does not. When he has played, he plays hard/fast/and hits like a beast.

You are talking about Vic So'oto, correct?

When he left Gb in Sept, you saw him play in Oakland? You knew he was released on injury settlement, right?

Or when he came back to Gb on Nov 12th, he got in games then? You knew he was re-signed right?

When exactly was it he was a beast....

Am I being sarcastic? No..

But you are convinced he was playing like a beast, and since he hardly played for Gb, I am wondering when you saw him

Members online

Latest posts