Studs and Duds: Lions game

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Running game

Cobb

Tramon Williams

The field crew (if this would have been in Soldier field it would have been a complete mess)

Duds

Pass rush

Passing game

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Running game

Cobb

Tramon Williams

The field crew (if this would have been in Soldier field it would have been a complete mess)

Duds

Pass rush

Passing game

I think you should've singled out Barclay instead of just including him in the Running game, but otherwise everything else looks about right :tup:

12theTruth

Studs

Barclay and as a whole the run blocking from the offensive line.
RB's Green, Grant, and Harris
Shields
Tramon
Burnett

Duds

Pass Protection as a whole, especially in the first half
Play calling from MM
Pass rush from front 7
LB play medicore to poor

Our defense will rebound when the 2 lineman and Woodson, and Matthews return. Our offense, however, worries me in particular the offensive line. The pass protection is very poor in general. Lang has been off all year so even if he returns to LG in place of EDS there is no certain thing that the line will shore up a bit. It is a weakness MM has had to scheme to hide. Against great front 7's like the 49ers and the Giants, the liklihood of masking this weakness as we do against lesser teams is at a low liklihood.

12theTruth

12theTruth

What play calling? Be more specific?

Well for starters I don't think MM had the team ready. The Lions stormed out to a 14-0 lead and the Lions were showing more energy, flying to the ball, controlling the line of scrimmage, etc. Getting some fortuitous turnovers helped the Pack get back in the game and after halftime the Pack were a different team. Especially the O-line. They even held their blocks longer on passing plays. I don't remember the specific plays but it was probably only a handful throughout the game where there were a few head scratchers.

It seems that starting last week with Barclay's insertion the productivity from the running game has took a big jump. We saw a continuation of that trend tonight. So I will give MM credit to keep calling the runs when they were working. I guess overall he had a good showing. Just the big thing is that the team didn't seem that ready out of the gate.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Tramon Williams....1 on 1 and you got it done...enough said

Casey and Shields....both made big plays and were in the right spot when it mattered.

Cobb: got open after the route and produced 1st downs

Don Barclay: Got it done every play. Offensive line play is not meant to be pretty but in the end he got it done every
time.

Running game: Good hard running with 3 different backs.

Fatties on the D-line: played hard and got enough pressure when it counted at the end and made sure tackles on the backs when they ran it and stopped them for a yard or 2.h

Crosby: $$$$$ He is back on track. those kicks (even the stupid call long miss) were struck well.

Duds: 1st half play calling of Capers and MM.

Thats it... the players battled their ***** off tonight and won a great game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well for starters I don't think MM had the team ready. The Lions stormed out to a 14-0 lead and the Lions were showing more energy, flying to the ball, controlling the line of scrimmage, etc. Getting some fortuitous turnovers helped the Pack get back in the game and after halftime the Pack were a different team. Especially the O-line. They even held their blocks longer on passing plays. I don't remember the specific plays but it was probably only a handful throughout the game where there were a few head scratchers.

It seems that starting last week with Barclay's insertion the productivity from the running game has took a big jump. We saw a continuation of that trend tonight. So I will give MM credit to keep calling the runs when they were working. I guess overall he had a good showing. Just the big thing is that the team didn't seem that ready out of the gate.

Ok I dont blame coach on having team ready...They are adults, and know what is at stake..If a player needs a coach to fire his *** up then personally think thats crap

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Tramon, Shields and Casey on D
Barclay and the Running backs did very well on O

Duds:
No pass rush whatsoever.
O-line gave Rodgers no time at all
Penalties on both sides

I don't think Rodgers did bad considering how well the O-line was protecting him but not stud worthy.

12theTruth

Ok I dont blame coach on having team ready...They are adults, and know what is at stake..If a player needs a coach to fire his *** up then personally think thats crap

A coach wears many hats and bears great responsibility for all facets of team performance. It is a reflection of him if the team doesn't match the intensity of the opponent. Against a greater opponent a 14-0 deficit may not have been overcome.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
To preface, all of the Studs had dud moments, just like the Duds didn't stink all game long

Studs
Bull Rush
Daniels
Finley
Cornerbacks
Barclay
Hawk
Running Backs

Duds:
Nickel Defense
Zebra F*ing
Brad Jones
Screen Passes
The Jennings
Saturday
EDS
Kuhn

On a side note Hawk struggles on the weak side.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs -

Young secondary played great. (See the post I created for more)
Running Game - thought both Green and DuJuan Harris (where the hell did he come from?!?!) looked great. Ran hard and decisive.
Barclay - wasn't watching closely. But, I also didn't notice him often, which is usually a good sign.
Crosby - He's got his mojo back. Good for him and MM for sticking with him.
Cobb - The real deal. Jennings' return will open things back up for Cobb.
The Moxie of the team - Down 14-0 early, the team fought back and showed championship mettle.

Duds -
Front-7 on defense. I know we were short-handed. But, man, they didn't get any pressure. Zero sacks, and the only time Stafford was pressured was when we started blitzing more in the second half.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs Running Backs
special teams another week of no big plays against them
DB's Tramon 5'11 williams Vs 6'5 Calvin johnson
Duds Line backers No Sacks...
Pass rush (zero) playing next to Clay has not rubbed off on these guys
Dom Capers
N Suh should change his name to Shupid for his P/fouls he commits..
I give a 1/2 stud and 1/2 dud to O'line still gave up a sack to get this score

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Studs -
DuJuan Harris (where the hell did he come from?!?!)
Troy. He was one of the "10 best small school prospects" last year.
Duds -
Front-7 on defense. I know we were short-handed. But, man, they didn't get any pressure. Zero sacks, and the only time Stafford was pressured was when we started blitzing more in the second half.
Actually the pocket got collapsed a few times, and I distinctly remember Daniels just barely missing a TFL WAY behind the LOS because of some great penetration.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs -

Young secondary played great. (See the post I created for more)
Running Game - thought both Green and DuJuan Harris (where the hell did he come from?!?!) looked great. Ran hard and decisive.
Barclay - wasn't watching closely. But, I also didn't notice him often, which is usually a good sign.
Crosby - He's got his mojo back. Good for him and MM for sticking with him.
Cobb - The real deal. Jennings' return will open things back up for Cobb.
The Moxie of the team - Down 14-0 early, the team fought back and showed championship mettle.

Duds -
The 2 inside lineman can only do so much the outside lineman and linebackers need to get it going NOW!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Brad Jones (an ILB) did next to nothing

Brad Jones ALWAYS does next to nothing......the towel boy has more hustle and awareness than he does.

The secondary played well. Had it not been for the bad weather, I think they would have picked off stafford 4 times, they dropped several INT's.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give our overall performance last night about a 'B'.
We beat them with our 'B' game, which is good.
Now granted, they were missing their #2, 3, 4 WRs, and their #1 TE went out right away.
And they were missing Delmas the ACL-hunter.
But we know how many guys we're missing too.

The thing is, we will need our 'A' games to beat the playoff teams we will face, especially the Niners and/or Giants.
But how many 'A' performances does a team have in em?
The Giants saved all of theirs last year for January & February.
We used a lot of em up in Sept-November.

Duds last night were Davon House.
Stud was Sam I Am Shields who replaced him great.
Hayward was a stud too.

And once again, the unheralded Buckeyes AJ Hawk and Ryan Picket were studs.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Dom Capers for me. Dial up more blitzes, not. We never got close to Stafford. They always say that he has one of the greatest defensive minds in football. I strongly disagree. Detroit had the ball for a full 15 minutes than we did.

Members online

Latest posts