Steven A. Smith on Favre

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey has anyone else seen the video clip on ESPN with Steven A. Smith yelling about Brett Favre? How many times did he tell Favre to " mind his own business" hey Steven A. here is an idea why dont you shut up and mind your own business! :evil:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a free country, and Favre has the right to say whatever he wants to say. I do agree with you that Steven A. Smith should mind his own business. I didn't see that on ESPN. Which I had.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you go to ESPN.com and click on ESPN motion it is on there. You have to go to main menu on the Motion and click on NFL and it is the second video clip I think. Hope that helps.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Smith ( I refuse to call him Stevan A. Smith) is the biggest horses *** on TV. He has no credibility. Started as a Philly hack and is laughed at by all real journalists.

Odds are that chase will be on here shortly defending this waste of human flesh.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is minding his business, first and foremost he wants to win a championship and it's pretty obvious to him that these guys are putting themselves above the team.
Hammer

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. I also think Smith is kind of a twit. He usually just shoots from the hip with many random comments. He's also protecting the brotherhood. Someone said Favre is minding his business, he's trying to win a championship. I couldn't have said it better.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven A. Smith talks just to hear himself talk. The louder, the better eh Steve?

Favre, as the leader of the team, must speak out once in a while when things aren't right. For the most part, you don't see Favre out in the media spilling his feelings about the organization and things of that nature. I personally was glad to see him step up to the plate and say, in so many words, enough is enough.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I also think Smith is kind of a twit. He usually just shoots from the hip with many random comments.

He tends to take the opposite angle of anyone else on whatever show he is on. He likes to argue, and make comments that have no facts to back them up just to stir the pot.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are also forgetting about what the other guy said (sorry I cant remember who the other person on the interview was) said "Thank you Brett Favre" Now there is a decent human being! Who thinks past his stupid nose!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish more pro athletes had the humility and perspective that is displayed by #4 with regularity. He will truly be missed when he is gone!!

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man I just listened to that clip....I wanted to reach through my monitor and strangle him. Completely out of line. Completely.

However, as the years go on, I watch less and less of ESPN. Its becoming so dramatic lately. They intentionally put personalities like that together to stir up a controversey. Sean Salsbury and Jon Clayton? That duo is becoming a joke. Its like its all scripted now.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People would be lying if they never heard of brett Favre people would be lying if they heard of Stephen A Smith. What the A stand for anyway A-HOLE maybe .

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Oh man I just listened to that clip....I wanted to reach through my monitor and strangle him. Completely out of line. Completely.

However, as the years go on, I watch less and less of ESPN. Its becoming so dramatic lately. They intentionally put personalities like that together to stir up a controversey. Sean Salsbury and Jon Clayton? That duo is becoming a joke. Its like its all scripted now.

yes I saw Smith's anti-Favre rant, what a moron...Smith has his hand up T.O.'s (butt), why should it be any different for the Javon Walker scenario...i hate to bring up race but any time there's a white/black faceoff, steven a is always one-sided...i'll go with the consensus, steven a. needs to mind his own business, he obviously has no respect or recognition for one of the greatest sports symbols of the last decade...and guys, any minute that we all spend worrying about what is being said on ESPN is a minute wasted

and i'm gonna go off topic here, just because i go on an anti-ESPN rant whenever the situation calls for it...ESPN has no likeable personalities...John Clayton should be on CNBC telling me how my stocks are doing, he's some four eyed nerd...he has neither the knowledge or tone of a football analyst...he gets people to talk to him solely because he is ESPN's top gun...Chris Berman has grown on my nerves, especially after the home run derby in which we all listened to him name countless Michigan suburbs...Stuart Scott...the hip hop thing is very, very tired, stop it...Tony Riali, host of Around the Horn, one of the two big sports talk shows is just blatantly biased and has control of the mute button..."Cold Pizza" is the worst bit of programming ESPN has to offer (winning a tough division, if you ask me)--Woody Paige, I like what he says but he's so outspoken and out of control that I hate listening to him...he's always at the throat of the other guy on the show, Skip Bayless, he's some emotionless *****...and the 3rd person is some girl who has no idea why she was picked to be on that show...

don't worry, stephen a. smith gets his own show starting august 1st

ORRELSE said:
They intentionally put personalities like that together to stir up a controversey.

yes! This all goes back to my "Joe Buck Theory"...networks are putting people that stupid, and that underqualified on the air to give everyday people like you, me, anyone the feeling that we can be analysts on ESPN...now you know why I'm so upset that MNF moves to ESPN, so ESPN can beat that dead horse too...

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure which "expert" annoys me more, Steven A. Smith or Skip Bayless. They both seem more interested in being arrogant and loud instead of being informative.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree a lot of these reporters are LOUD MOUTH JERKS who are more interested in how THEY look when presenting the story rather than delivering a good story! People like Steven A. Smith need to SHUT UP as he told Brett Favre to do. Mind your own business you idiot!!!!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only loud reporter that I like is **** Vital, he is awsome!! He is the best. He is not loud just to be loud like Steven A. but he is loud because he is exited. He isn't trying to get noticed.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steve smith makes his living by being a loud mouthed, ignorant, ***hole, so I wouldn't pay any attention to him. :hammer:

Go Brett, keep minding your business and lead this team. :towel:

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
The only loud reporter that I like is **** Vital, he is awsome!! He is the best. He is not loud just to be loud like Steven A. but he is loud because he is exited. He isn't trying to get noticed.

I see way too much of "Dukie" V down here. Most people can't stand him or Billy Packer. By the way, Duke's football players have the same academic requirements as the general student population, no so for the basketball team.
Hammer

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dukie V are you kidding me. His biased, screaming, teenie bopper ranting is annoyingly grating. Take one of his Dukie's dandy's diapers and stick it in his mouth. If he is doing a game I want to see, I will turn the sound off and watch it in silence. Learn voice control man. But, to each his own.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Vital---He's annoying. But at least I can trust him to mix in with his schtick, quite a bit of primo college basketball player info. That's really all I ask.

As a journalism student, it quickly becomes obvious that being "the best" in the field, is more about being loud, arrogant, opinionated, and controversial. Look at PTI...

Unfortunatly, fans want to here more about steroids and off-the-field issues more than on-the-field information and foresight.

It's a shame. Sports is a world...Not a game.

Steven A. Smith is simply a great example. He's getting his own show.

It really comes down to "no publicity is bad publicity." He cought your attention by being an ar$e.

On the topic of "race issues." Ooooh touchy.

I'm about as ultra liberal as they come, but have always come off with that "fairly obvious" impression about Smith. Then, what do I see for "Quite Frankly's" (Smith's show) first TV add but him kissing Tom Brady's *** up and down.

The Patriots have Tom Brady..."and quite frankly, that's all they need."

Made me laugh a bit.

It's like: Look I can talk about things other than basketball...and I'll even say something nice about Brady...about as white bread as they come.

Soooo calculated.

Oh well...It's just sad that this is what America wants from it's sports reporters.
Sensationalism rules.

Thanks PTI, Around the Horn, and Best Damn.

Gimmie my information driven column anyday.

Looks like I'm going to have a pretty unsuccessfull career. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts