Steelers looking for Sherman

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LoL

I don't think he's Steeler people though. I think the Steelers will get a tough imaged coach. Not charmin.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they probably won't although the Steelers job is highly coveted...perhaps Sherman would lower his "demand." I honestly don't think they've seriously considered him and in fact only have permission from Houson to talk - nothing scheduled.

It's looking to me as though they see one or both of their top inside candidates (Whisenhunt and Grimm) possibly moving on. Thus an "outsider" would have the additional task of filling those positions. Of course it's not any kind of given that either Whiz orGrimm would hang around if they weren't hired for HC.

IMO the Steelers want someone they have on staff already but can't (won't) afford them. Seems as though the top candidate right now is Chan Gailey (Georgia Tech) a former assistant of Cowher's.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Is there a rule you have to interview a majority person like you have to interview a minority? Is there a rule you have to interview a woman first? Is there a rule that says you have to interview someone who is old and young before you can make your hire?

I wonder if Dennis Green should try to be the 'minority' interview and get paid for it. Every team that wants to hire someone can jus toss him a few bucks, do an interview and be done with it.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ROFL. Then the teams that interview him can say "He was what we thought he was...and we LET HIM GET AWAY!!" (or chased)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts