Starks or Grant?

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year who do you think should be our number 1?

It's been a while since i've seen Grant but what from I remember Starks is a little bit better and seems to pick up a yard or 2 more than Grant would of been able to... Plus Starks is a little bit faster.

Thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Different runners I think Grant can hit harder..

They will both compete for the job

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant had back to back 1,200 yard rushing seasons before the injury. Starks had 101 yards this season. He's been a breath of fresh air into our running game, but when Grant comes back it will be his job to lose; he's the proven runner of the 2.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks has more upside in that he will have a healthy offseason. Also, he has not been through a training camp yet to learn everything like he should and do the drills. Grant though is more consistent and if healthy, i think he could be a terror after being out a year. I think if they are competing at week 1, give grant the starts and let starks learn the system better until grant's contract is up.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant had back to back 1,200 yard rushing seasons before the injury. Starks had 101 yards this season. He's been a breath of fresh air into our running game, but when Grant comes back it will be his job to lose; he's the proven runner of the 2.

Agreed.

I'd say Grant based on what hes shown in the past. Obviously it all depends how he comes back form this injury. I for one am not too thrilled about Starks so far...and yes, I know he's young.

GO PACK GO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James really seems to avoid tackles better than Ryan, and can get a couple extra yards, but like what was said above I believe Ryan can hit harder. It'll be interesting to see next season how it works out.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have them split carries. Who would have thought we would be debating this 3 months ago?

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I looked up Starks stats and only 100 yards. Feels like he should have around 200... lol. Yeah idk, had a change in heart Starks is still young but deffiently think we will see split carries between them. I like Starks on first down running.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would let Grant start and Starks relieve him. I think they will still have an even amount of carries until a hot hand is established.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I looked up Starks stats and only 100 yards. Feels like he should have around 200... lol. Yeah idk, had a change in heart Starks is still young but deffiently think we will see split carries between them. I like Starks on first down running.

263 for playoffs

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is simple, Grant has proven himself over the years and Starks has shown us a little of what he COULD be. He hasn't played enough to show us that he is a consistent player like Grant. I don't think that Starks takes the #1 spot until we see a side effect of the Grant injury, or Starks shows us that great potential that we all see.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
ivo I was thinking we would have a Starks/Grant debate when I saw that the Packers got him as a running back. Though I figure the Nance/Grant/Starks argument would precede it.

Though my favorite scenario is: Bone Formation: Starks on the strong side of the line, Kuhn on the weak side, and Grant in the back. That would be the best of all worlds.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
Start out with Grant at least. He's proven. Let Grant pound the D and then Starks can come in and run around a tied, bruised up D.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be Grant's job to lose, but I think Starks is quicker to the hole, makes cuts that Grant doesn't, breaks tackles that Grant doesn't, and accelerates faster than Grant. If he stays healthy, he could be our primary running back. And if our offensive line learns to dominate the line of scrimmage every game, we should have quite a ball control offense.

Members online

Latest posts