St. Patrick's Day Mock Draft 2022

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I went on fanspeak (I like the interface) to do a mock draft and saw that the full Adams trade has already been put in for their draft generator so here is my mock draft and in some cases reasons why on each guy.

Pick 22: Charles Cross T Mississippi State. Nakobe Dean who I love isn't there and neither is Hamilton. Cross is a beast at a spot we are thin at. I think and it's more i hope he can start week 1 opposite D Bakh. Seems to be a definite upgrade from Turner and Kelly. 6'5 310

Pick 28: Jermaine Johnson EDGE Florida State: Need position filling it early on the defensive side of the ball. I can't fathom that we kept Preston Smith. This kid should be able to step in and play meaningful snaps as a rookie and by year 2 who knows if Preston Smith is on the roster. 6'5 262. Might have to beef up a bit another 5-10 pounds to really be dominant.

Pick 53: Christian Harris LB Alabama: 6'2 232 same size as Campbell, disappeared a bit in the Iron Bowl against Auburn, but I've heard from others that this kid could be the best Bama linebacker Saban has had. If so great steal in Round 2.

Pick 59: Logan Bruss G Wisconsin: Road grading guard for Wisconsin. We need to hit on one of these high end UW linemen instead of trying to pick up the weakest lineman in the 7th round. After a weak 2020 the Badgers running game got back to form in 2021, and Bruss is a huge reason why.

Pick 92: Chad Muma LB Wyoming: 6'3 242. Admittedly I'm 2nd guessing myself and doubling up on linebackers here BECAUSE Harris really didn't show up the 1 chance I saw him this year. I have seen Muma play last year a couple times and was quite impressed. Also Wyoming is lowkey becoming Linebacker U of the West over the last 2-3 years.

Pick 132: John Ridgeway DL Arkansas: 6'6 320. I can see him being a long DE in this 3-4 and a major upgrade from the guys we have already playing with Clark at DE. Watched this kid play alot, controlled the line of scrimmage got really good penetration to disrupt opponents offenses all year.

Pick 140: Ed Ingram G LSU: Again doubling up but this year it's for a need. I'm not sold on Newman at either guard spot and if Runyan or Bruss get hurt we'll need someone with big game experience to step in and play. 6'4 320

Pick 171 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin: I can easily see a trade being made down to 175 to maybe pick up a 6th this year and we still end up with Ferguson. Leader in the passing game for the Badgers. Kept Mertz from being even worse than he was this year. No Tonyan, Daffney hasn't shown enough to not make a move at this position. Deguara...well let's ask the obvious question. Will the real slim shady please stand up please stand up please stand up? 6'5 244 are the numbers on Ferguson. Can he play at 255? Can't see why not.

Pick 228 Tre Turner WR Virginia Tech: 6'2 190. Yes I would like to see him gain weight but I like the 6'2 at a REAL need position.

Pick 249 Sterling Weatherford S Miami-Ohio: 6'4 215. Looks like a hitter if you put him at safety. Is he a hybrid? If so great pick and an absolute steal at a position I'm not real comfortable with right now.

Pick 258: Reggie Roberson Jr. WR SMU: ACL in 2020, slowed a bit in 2021 coming off of it production wise. Yes I saw this guy play on TV and if he's the guy now that he was Pre-ACL he could conceivably be a 3rd rounder. I think he's available here *Listed as the 262 player in the draft* because of the knee. 6'1 197. Get this kid in the weight room and the buffet line a couple times and get him up to 210 will only help him.

I know I'm gonna get lit up for not going CB at all or WR early. Save it! I refused to take Jameson Williams Round 1 coming off an ACL 3 months before the draft and likely to be on IR as a rookie.

Beyond that I'm willing to hear constructive criticism.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll stay on the positive side of things here. I love the Christian Harris and Jermaine Johnson picks for sure! I haven't started looking at offensive line yet, but I know a lot of people love Charles Cross. Also, to grab Reggie that late would be awesome. It was only a year ago that he was considered a top prospect and he definitely has potential. As Georgia fan and a homer pick, I'd love it if Jordan Davis slipped to us. Kenny Clark and him on 1st and second down would absolutely crush. There are a lot of Georgia players that I think could really help out in the front seven, but again, I'm a homer.

Reaction score
First things first..
NO WR until round 7!!??!!
Let me reread this I must be missing something?

I’ll just say the more I contemplate. I think GB uses either #22 or #28 in some fashion to land a Wideout. I say that because of our committing to Rodgers and as much as he can be difficult, he deserves that support. Maybe also grab a OL. Then hit the Defense hard

The more I look the more I also like Treylon Burks. Great size and balance. Has great route running and overall good ability to track the ball with good concentration. Some good YAC ability. Unfortunately he’s likely an earlier teens area guy.
I don’t want to reach too hard though. I think him and a veteran FA Wideout under the ~$10m range combined would suffice. Also take another shot at Rasul, he can ball.

PS. Are we excommunicated from all Davante talk? It sure is lonely
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
when the threads all get closed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First things first..
NO WR until round 7!!??!!
Let me reread this I must be missing something?

I’ll just say the more I contemplate. I think GB uses either #22 or #28 in some fashion to land a Wideout. I say that because of our committing to Rodgers and as much as he can be difficult, he deserves that support. Maybe also grab a OL. Then hit the Defense hard

The more I look the more I also like Treylon Burks. Great size and balance. Has great route running and overall good ability to track the ball with good concentration. Some good YAC ability. Unfortunately he’s likely an earlier teens area guy.
I don’t want to reach too hard though. I think him and a veteran FA Wideout under the ~$10m range combined would suffice. Also take another shot at Rasul, he can ball.

PS. Are we excommunicated from all Davante talk? It sure is lonely
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
when the threads all get closed.
I agree on Burks but he got taken at 19 I think in the draft I did, if that is the real actual case come April I can't see trading up for him.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll stay on the positive side of things here. I love the Christian Harris and Jermaine Johnson picks for sure! I haven't started looking at offensive line yet, but I know a lot of people love Charles Cross. Also, to grab Reggie that late would be awesome. It was only a year ago that he was considered a top prospect and he definitely has potential. As Georgia fan and a homer pick, I'd love it if Jordan Davis slipped to us. Kenny Clark and him on 1st and second down would absolutely crush. There are a lot of Georgia players that I think could really help out in the front seven, but again, I'm a homer.
I had the opportunity to take the OTHER inside linebacker from Georgia I think in round 2, but I went with Harris instead.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don’t see Gute taking an ILB at all on Day 1 or 2 now that Devondre and Krys are here for sure. Who knows tho, if we stay and have four picks in top 60 BPA and ignoring need honestly is justified IMO

Reaction score
I also liked Draftek’s method of drafting at Safety (they chose Dayton Hill at #28) and a proposal of moving Savage up into the Slot Position. For me anyway, I always wanted us to use Savage more aggressively. We did that in snippets with some moderate success, but too limited and too far apart to get any rhythm going.

In this mock they felt the best WR prospects would mainly get selected in the back of Round 1 (They had actually mocked Treylon Burks to Oakland at #22) which was intriguing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also liked Draftek’s method of drafting at Safety (they chose Dayton Hill at #28) and a proposal of moving Savage up into the Slot Position. For me anyway, I always wanted us to use Savage more aggressively. We did that in snippets with some moderate success, but too limited and too far apart to get any rhythm going.

In this mock they felt the best WR prospects would mainly get selected in the back of Round 1 (They actually mocked Treylon Burks at #22) which was intriguing.

If you add Hill he can cover too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts