Speed factor

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I misspoke on the numbers. Those were from 2016. The 2017 numbers are:

cap: $12.125 mil
dead cap: $3.125 mil
cap savings:$9 mil

That's the final year of his contract.

To your point though regarding the $6.25 mil (now corrected to $3.125 mil), those monies are comprised of

Thought the cap savings looked low. Those numbers make it even more clearer to me, why Sam won't be back in GB unless his contract is completely restructured. Take the $3.123 hit and save the $9

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we assume you mean Trevor Davis and not Corey Davis referenced in the above post?

And what do you suppose is the cause of this sequester?

Davis muffed that punt against Tennessee and has not been back there again. McCarthy hates that. So, Davis forfeited his special teams value.

Allison was on the game day roster last seek, got 6 offensive snaps, 1 ST snap. Since Allison is not a ST regular like Janis, I assume Allison simply beat him out on the relative merits as a receiver. Davis is slight of stature; my take is he's struggling with the physical requirements of the NFL game. It doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't get off press coverage or get ridden out of your route.

But you may know something more.

Yes Trevor, he wasn't active vs the Texans.

Funny thing, there is a story where title is, Davis in doghouse. Lol.

Didn't know that was out there

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Shields is finished, but there is no way the Packers should keep him unless he is willing to tear up his current contract and sign a new one that has a clause which ties his pay with his ability to play.
even doing that would worry me unless they also get a player to replace him.... cheap or not he is a liability if he is being depended on to be the number 1 corner.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's a foregone conclusion they will try very hard to sign Perry.

True, but the Packers will still have to address the position with other players as well.

A receiver that would be available in maybe round 5 is Ryan Switzer. Very interesting WR who reminds me of Edelman/Beasley type receiver. Other than that the other WRs I like would be available as UDFA. At RB McCaffrey would bring some speed to the offense. A back to look at in later rounds Kareem Hunt he has speed plus size.

This season should provide evidence that while it's great to get production out of late round picks and undrafted free agents the Packers shouldn't rely on those players to have an impact. In my opinion the team is at the point where positions of need have to be addressed early in the draft or dare I say it free agency or trades.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Gurley is the reason for his situation. The Rams have one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. As for Gordon he was hurt a lot...and just a rookie sharing carries.
That's fine but I asked for consistency

H

HardRightEdge

That's fine but I asked for consistency
So few can stay consistently healthy, and many drop by the time they get to the second contract because of the beatings they take. That's why so few get drafted in the first round; they are accidents waiting to happen.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I like him. But when's the last time TT ever drafted a RB in the 1st rd? Never. I just dont see it happening...maybe in the second? He will either pick some DL from the PAC 12 most of us never heard of...or take some corner from the MAC lol
Shaun Alexander in 2000 for the Seahawks

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Gurley is the reason for his situation. The Rams have one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. As for Gordon he was hurt a lot...and just a rookie sharing carries.

He wasn't hurt a lot as a rook, rather he was playing behind what might have been the worst line in the league.

Members online

Latest posts