Sorry I'm Late.........

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up Pack fans! Sorry I'm late. It took a while to get my account approved. I really like y'alls forum! Thanks for having me........

Before I go into anything else let me just say, that I think y'all have a hell of a squad and a heck of a scheme!

I think this game's gonna be shootout! So I'm not even going to discuss the defenses. I know we cant stop your offense, just like I know y'all cant stop ours. Both teams will be in the 30's or 40's.

When the Packers go 5 wide, that's extremely hard for any team to stop, and Dallas is no exception. The spread offense plays directly into the weakness of the Dallas defense. If the Pack are smart, they'll throw 85% of the time. BTW, I love Greg Jennings' game! Dont even try to run it much, it's not gonna work, Dallas is very stout against the run. I dont think they've allowed a 100 yard rusher all season. You might be able to beat the Cowboys db's deep, but I think the better strategy would be to run a lot of shorter stuff like quick slants. Try to use the pass like it's a run. That'll tire out the Cowboys D and keep the ball out of the hands of their offense. Dallas' defense aren't push-overs, but they will miss tackles! Turning an 8 yard pass into a 60 yard TD........... Also, I think it's important for the Packers to take a lead into halftime. Dallas always gets stronger as the game goes on!

For Dallas it's a bit more simple. They dont have to go 5 wide, because they have something the Packers dont, Owens and Witten..... Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd are more than serviceable as 3rd and 4th options. Then there's Marion Barber III, just try and tackle him, I dare ya! Dallas is gonna need to get their running game going in order to limit Favre's possessions. Obviously Romo has to play well......

Bottom-line: It's gonna be Favre VS. Romo! That's all that matters. Which ever QB can make the most plays, or the least amount of mistakes, that's the team that will win. I expect both QB's to rise to the occasion! Romo playing against one of his biggest heroes, and Favre sure as hell doesn't want to finish his career 0-9 at Texas Stadium.

It's gonna be a great game! I could easily see the Packers winning this game!

That said, I'm going with Romo and the 'Boys. Because when it gets down to late in the 4th quarter, Romo has the better playmakers around him.

Cowboys get a late TD to put it away.........

Dallas - 42
Green Bay - 31

Btw, I dont think this game matters that much..... If we meet in the Playoffs, I dont think home-field will be the deciding factor.

Good Luck Packers fans! Hope we have an injury free game! Lets do this again soon! Hows late January sound????? :wink:

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bah we dont' want humility here! Can't you just come in here and tell us how much we suck and how much you guys Pwn! :D Wheres a good Queens fan when u need one! :p

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think home field advantage means alot. If Dallas doesn't get it, they are going to have a HARD time beating the Pack in 10 degree weather come January, but if Dallas gets it, the Pack still have a great shot of winning in Dallas.

I see a lack of respect for "playmakers" on the Packers side of the ball. Jennings won the game in Denver and 8 other TDs. Lee has gotten big catches time after time. Driver is a stud who won't shy away from anything and catch anything thrown his way. Grant has come into his own.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this game will be close as well..i will be surprised if it is a blow out either way..

One thing your forgetting Cowboy is this.

Each week people have been saying the Pack can't do this, they can't do that...

Pack can't stop LT...what happened??

NY with their great defense, Shockey..What happened?

Denver with Bly and Champ....What happened?

Minnesota with AP..what happened?

GB can't run on Minnesota, what happened? Ohhhh and btw? Minnesota up to that point didnt allow a 100 yard rusher either and per carry average was less then 3.0...Grant got 119 yards with 4.8 per carry..

Detroit with a potent offense and good D line...What happened?

so what needs to be done for the pack to win?

1--Woodson has to play with the pain and play like it doesnt hurt

2---scheme has to be done to limit Whitten

3--the Pack need to cut down on mistakes

Good luck to you and your boys tonight ( but not to much good luck :)

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, cowboy. Its nice reading a post from a fan of a rival team that doesn't say "you suck" in it! Haha! Anyway, I agree with longtime, I don't see this being a blowout either way. Both defenses are tough, and both offenses have been putting up a ton of points. I still think it'll be down to a field goal.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my oppinion the Pack O-line has a very big saying in this game.

They need to step up, keep Brett out of pressure and punch holes for Grant to run in.

Been looking forward to this one the past 3 weeks.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one of the best games I've ever seen was a MNF game Washington vs the Packers. We won 48-47, and I don't think there was a single punt.

I imagine a game almost as good as that one.

For us to win, screw running. Just pass every down. Ok, maybe give Grant 15 carries, but pass most of the time. It will be a shoot out, and it should be a lot of fun.

Good post, and welcome!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post from a Cowboy fan.

I agree but if you think Dallas can handle going into Lambeau for the NFC Title game your going to be mistaken. At least I think so. :)

Favre at home with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. That atmosphere would be scary for any team.

Oh and I'm obviously picking the Packers but I really think the game could go anyway. These teams are very even in my opinion.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you came on here friendly and all and without malice but the bottom line is I'm a Packer fan and I hope we kick your ten gallon ***** all over the field tonight.

If we don't I'll give you a good and hardy cowboy handshake tomorrow.

But for now it is what it is.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with your breakdown, Cowboy. You had to wait, but man, you just brought it!!

I do disagree with the part of Romo having more playmakers, DD and GJ are that. And Grant can break one off when everyone least expects it.

But that's a perfect (IMO) call on the 30+ points a piece. It's gonna happen.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, I agree except for two things.

First, the Pack will win. Of course.

Second, I don't think it is true that we can't run on you. Run defense ranking is not a very good indicator of whether the Packers will run on you. Look at Minnesota, who has a better run defense than Dallas, and was #1 when we ran all over them. (Well, ran all over them by our standards.) Unlike the games in which you established your run defense ranking, here you have to be fixated on the passing game. So we are able to get running yards that a traditional offense can't get.

That's not to say we will run, or that you have a bad run defense. I just wouldn't put much stock in your rating when you are facing our offensive schemes.

If we tried to play a traditional, clock-management, run-to-set-up-the-pass game then yes, you could probably shut down our running game. But that isn't what we do.