Something to keep in mind

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The 49ers are the best team we will play this year and we put up 70% more points than their defense allowed on average last year... and that defense is better this year. I still figure on somewhere between 12 and 14 wins. The sky hasn't fallen. Take a deep breath and enjoy what will transpire on Thursday night. And don't worry about internet power rankings for cripes sake!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers are the best team we will play this year and we put up 70% more points than their defense allowed on average last year...
8 of the 22 were garbage on the punt return. We all know that should have been called back.
So it was 14 points that the offense really earned.

But the good news is we can measure ourselves up against A) the best defense we will face all year, maybe, and B) the best OL we will face all year.

We know what and how we have to improve.

W-L record doesn't matter as long as we get into the playoffs.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers are the best team we will play this year and we put up 70% more points than their defense allowed on average last year... and that defense is better this year. I still figure on somewhere between 12 and 14 wins. The sky hasn't fallen. Take a deep breath and enjoy what will transpire on Thursday night. And don't worry about internet power rankings for cripes sake!

This is just about exactly what I said over in Wood's thread

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
8 of the 22 were garbage on the punt return. We all know that should have been called back.
So it was 14 points that the offense really earned.

So what? Special teams points factored in to their average last year too.

But the good news is we can measure ourselves up against A) the best defense we will face all year, maybe, and B) the best OL we will face all year.

We know what and how we have to improve.

W-L record doesn't matter as long as we get into the playoffs.

We'll be fine.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They were also one of the worst offenses and put 30 on the defense. Wait until the packers play the bears, hawks and saints the next 3 weeks. highly likely 0-4.

Okay, I'm just going to be blunt about this. I hope you have your big boy pants on because.... you're an idiot.

Their offense is NOT one of the worst. They don't put up a ton of yards and points because they don't need to. They run the ball and run out the clock on you.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game, yes there is a short week with little time to fix anything, but we do have a week and a half to work on things between the Bears and Seahawks. This is a real game, one that actually showed our issues.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think this loss can help light a fire under our offense and defense to perform better for the rest of the season

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I think this loss can help light a fire under our offense and defense to perform better for the rest of the season

I do think they'll come out with a huge chip on their shoulders Thursday. We lost a close one against a top 3 team. The Bears beat up on possibly the worst team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Kudos to a true optimist. I agree that the Niners are the toughest game of the year. I've been saying that for weeks. I told my boys before the season started that the Niners were the team to beat. I wish it was the Packers, but it is what it is.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kudos to a true optimist. I agree that the Niners are the toughest game of the year. I've been saying that for weeks. I told my boys before the season started that the Niners were the team to beat. I wish it was the Packers, but it is what it is.

I think we're actually pretty evenly matched, actually.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 9ers may be our toughest opponent but they are not the toughest offense we face. We have the Saints, Lions and Bears twice. Then throw in Houston and the Giants. If we beat them look to get 35+ points to win.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the Niners is very tough. At the Giants (the team that beat us and the Niners in the playoffs last year) will also be tough.
At the Texans (a team many pick to go to the Super Bowl and a team with a great running game and DL) will be tough.
Winning in Seattle is never easy.
And at Chicago is often tough as well.

It won't be as easy as last year. But the good news is that 2010 wasn't either and that one ended out better than the easy street of 2011.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The 9ers may be our toughest opponent but they are not the toughest offense we face. We have the Saints, Lions and Bears twice. Then throw in Houston and the Giants. If we beat them look to get 35+ points to win.

Sorry, but the Bears and Giants don't belong in your list of high-power offenses. And none of the teams you mention have defenses anywhere near as good as SF. Not even close. They likely have a top 10 all-time defense, if not top 5.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
At the Niners is very tough. At the Giants (the team that beat us and the Niners in the playoffs last year) will also be tough.
At the Texans (a team many pick to go to the Super Bowl and a team with a great running game and DL) will be tough.
Winning in Seattle is never easy.
And at Chicago is often tough as well.

It won't be as easy as last year. But the good news is that 2010 wasn't either and that one ended out better than the easy street of 2011.

I totally agree with you

Last year was a once in a life time year. I highly doubt we'll see a team that was ranked 30th overall in defense and last in the league in rushing winning the Super Bowl. I don't see a 5,000 yard passer either.

If anything this year is going back to basics. Defenses playing better, running game that counts, etc. The team has to play better on all accounts and not just offense. That is what killed this team last year, Rodgers and company can be shut down, they aren't immortal and we learned that again today. Defense has to step up but the Niners were ready for that game. All across the board that defense was far better.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I truly believe the team that lost against the Giants in February never left the field mentally. They looked confused, unsure of themselves and vulnerable.

I think along with prepping for the Bears the biggest fight is in their own heads.

Members online

Latest posts