Something to cuss and discuss.....

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...My son-in-law brought over 2 football publications tonight for my perusal. So far I've only scanned "Lindy's" magazine. But I was incensed by their ranking of the top 30 WRs in the NFL. Donald Driver didn't make the top 30. Favre didn't make the top 10 among QBs (although I wasn't too stunned by that.) Clifton didn't make the top 10 in LTs although Tauscher did make the list at RT. They stated that it was a plus getting those extra picks but wondered why we didn't do better with those picks. I'll have to go over the articles further but I definitely got the impression that they weren't impressed by much of anything the Packers have done. My son-in-law liked the rag because they were complimentary towards his Raiders. Oh well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...My son-in-law brought over 2 football publications tonight for my perusal. So far I've only scanned "Lindy's" magazine. But I was incensed by their ranking of the top 30 WRs in the NFL. Donald Driver didn't make the top 30. Favre didn't make the top 10 among QBs (although I wasn't too stunned by that.) Clifton didn't make the top 10 in LTs although Tauscher did make the list at RT. They stated that it was a plus getting those extra picks but wondered why we didn't do better with those picks. I'll have to go over the articles further but I definitely got the impression that they weren't impressed by much of anything the Packers have done. My son-in-law liked the rag because they were complimentary towards his Raiders. Oh well.

The most ridiculous thing is not having Driver in the top 30. Didn't he make the f***** Pro Bowl last year? Wasn't he 5th in the NFL in both receptions and yards, and 10th in TDs? Geez, what more does he need to do to get a little bit of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.?

He's had a very impressive past 3 years:
| 2004 gnb | 16 | 3 4 1.3 0 | 84 1208 14.4 9 |
| 2005 gnb | 16 | 2 13 6.5 0 | 86 1221 14.2 5 |
| 2006 gnb | 16 | 7 16 2.3 0 | 92 1295 14.1 8 |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| TOTAL | 113 | 29 196 6.8 1 | 421 5929 14.1 36 |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so fired up because someone rates Clifton and Favre outside
the top 10 for 2007. Clifton wasn't healthy all season and because of that
he didn't play well. Favre, ok, I would rate him top five, but that's me....

Driver not listed in the top 30 makes me furious!!!
I think someone in the editorial dept. just forgot to insert DD in the top 5
and the listing was already printed when they found out.
So they had to think of some flimsy explanation and rated the whole team
as rubbish.
:whippin:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've gotten two season preview mags, and both had Driver in the top 10-15. Favre was listed around 14 or 15 for QBs.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I like that our team, and Favre in particular, are being run down the rail. They are going to have something to prove, and I believe have sufficient talent to do so. Plus, when Favre is doubted publicly by the media, he tends to feed off of that and have exceptional games/seasons.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason picks are purely guesses.

Consider this. A person that is an outside source, or someone who covers the entire NFL, and kind of on the surface sees what every team has done, what does that person see in the Packers that made them a better team? They didnt do anything in FA. Their draft was questioned by many sources. Favre is yet another year older. THey lost a very good (although aging) running back and now have a rookie and some backups to step into his place. So, from an outside view, why should these guys rank the packers as a better team?

(I think that the pack will be slightly better than last year, although it appears the schedule is tougher, so maybe 9-7 or 8-8)

Just a thought.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just shake my head from now on when I don't see Driver in the top 15 of the leagues best receivers. It's ridiculous and it's these types of things that makes fans hate the media.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts