So, who are you rooting for now?

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the Giants beating the Pack but I want to see that San Fran defense destroy everyone in their path. I don't think they can sustain the level they are playing at every year but they look ferocious right now.
Sustaining it... That's my fear for next year.
Can they do it again?

Edit: Especially since the Niners and Packers play each other next year.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Part of me now wants to see a Harbaugh Bowl. Imagine the buzz in Indy. The Baltimore Colts. And Jim Harbaugh. Pre Peyton Colts fans all love Harbaugh. I already heard Jim Irsay wants the Ravens to win it all. *vomit* Guess it's his buddies in Baltimore. Post Peyton Colts fans want Eli to win. Nobody cares about the Pats in Indy or likes them.

Ahem
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
3 teams left have close ties with the Colts. Harbaugh-Niners. Ravens-Baltimore Colts. Peyton/Eli-Giants.

BTW Kelly Clarkson is doing the National Anthem.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think I've changed my mind about who I'd like to see win lol..

I was fine with the smack talk before the game lol.. (that's life). I didn't even participate in it.

I was one of the first to say congratulations to them afterwards and said I'd root for the Giants (there's something to be said about saying you lost to the Champs)..

But still tryin to rub it in? That's just classless.

So even though, we will have to hear about Smith = Rodgers now and the 2005 draft didn't matter and Smith has more home playoff wins etc etc etc, I'm hoping the 9'ers crush em.

I may root for the Pats in the SB assuming they beat the Flaccos. Brady gets so much hate like Rodgers is getting now.. for what?!
Cause he's the best there is? lol

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Z, I watched "Brady 6" tonight. Brady and Rodgers have traveled almost the same road in so many ways. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a fourth ring, especially if he beats the mouthy Giants to do it.

Niners, Patriots...I'm okay with either one. Then Ravens. Anybody but NY now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not sure I can get emotionally invested in any of the teams left. I just can't. Maybe a bit for the Niners if they make it due to Harbaugh but that might be it right now. I have no real predictions either. What happens will happen. I don't know whose destiny it is but it clearly was not the Packers time sadly. When Eli got the Hail Mary I kinda felt that sinking feeling but tried to push it away.

I might make a drive up to see some of the pre SB activities if I am in the mood but even then I might be too bitter. Indy should be rocking regardless of who is in it.

Go Pacers. You are the last hope. Some of the teams in the East are ridiculously overrated and old so take advantage of your underratedness.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure I can get emotionally invested in any of the teams left. I just can't. Maybe a bit for the Niners if they make it due to Harbaugh but that might be it right now. I have no real predictions either. What happens will happen. I don't know whose destiny it is but it clearly was not the Packers time sadly. When Eli got the Hail Mary I kinda felt that sinking feeling but tried to push it away.

I might make a drive up to see some of the pre SB activities if I am in the mood but even then I might be too bitter. Indy should be rocking regardless of who is in it.

Go Pacers. You are the last hope. Some of the teams in the East are ridiculously overrated and old so take advantage of your underratedness.

Ugh.. Reggie Miller LOL

He was my probably my favorite players' biggest rival. Then I sorta stopped watching the NBA when the Bucks traded my favorite player to Seattle for a friggen "Glove"!

I was watching a bit of 30 for 30 yesterday before the game about Reggie Miller. Guy was as clutch as they come.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Where can I find this "Brady 6"?

I had it recorded on TiVo; without looking, I'd guess it was on NFLNetwork. Might be on On Demand on cable or iTunes. It's about Brady, and the six Where Are They Now File QBs taken before him in the draft. The story is so much like Aaron's...both Niners fans, both passed over by them, both heartbroken... both waiting forever to get picked up. They tell the same story of feeling like they're playing with a chip on their shoulder, needing to prove themselves.

I hope Rodgers' story unfolds like Brady's has, especially if another ring is coming for the other #12 within a ten-year span.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Ugh.. Reggie Miller LOL

He was my probably my favorite players' biggest rival. Then I sorta stopped watching the NBA when the Bucks traded my favorite player to Seattle for a friggen "Glove"!

I was watching a bit of 30 for 30 yesterday before the game about Reggie Miller. Guy was as clutch as they come.

Yes he was. :)

And he had a killer instinct some yahoos like Lebron don't really show me.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Pats/Giants
Pats/Niners
Ravens/Niners
Ravens/Giants

Most popular pick everywhere now is Pats/Giants.

Well if this happens then this is one of my all time favorites.

D

Dan115

Me, too Dan! I am still feeling the effects of this loss even after my wife talked me down from the ledge and I was then apprehended by the Indiana State Police while on a suicide westbound drive in the eastbound lanes of I-70. Yeah, and my wife is still stunned that I didn't even open up our local rag to the sports page and tune into ESPN since the clocked displayed the "midnight" hour 0:00 on my beloved Packers. NOT taking this "giveaway" game loss very well at all! I've been a die-hard Packer fan since the late 50's and if we "ain't" in the mix, then football is ovah for me until next year! Time to devote my full attention to Big 10 basketball now and keep a close eye on the upcoming draft picks and/or acquisitions needed to address our deficiencies.

Such a shame we won't be representing the NFC in Indy because I could guarantee, the atmosphere would have been like a HOME game for us at Lucas Oil, especially, IF the Cheatriots were there.

Won't be watching, but for the record I'm hoping for a Harbaugh bros. matchup. I'm a big IU basketball fan {looks like they've come back down to earth, too.....horrible day yesterday all around for me} and Tom Crean is their BIL if that means diddly squat.

I have been a Packer Backer since 15, Oct 1961. I decided not to commit suicide because I think this team still may have a Super Bowl run. I also have not tuned into any sports on tv. I do listen to streaming radio Packer talk from Green Bay and Milwaukee stations.
I don't care who wins the Super Bowl. I also will turn my attention to College basketball in a week or two. It is going to take me awhile.

Today is Ted Thompson's birthday. Now it is up to him to get some players into Green Bay.

I canceled my lodging reservations in Green Bay for Feb 7. I had planed on driving up from Florida to attend the Super Bowl celebration.

Life is dull now. I will say this loss does NOT hurt as much as that Super Bowl defeat.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Pats/Giants
Pats/Niners
Ravens/Niners
Ravens/Giants

Most popular pick everywhere now is Pats/Giants.

Well if this happens then this is one of my all time favorites.

What happened to that little boy's eye? :confused:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Life is dull now. I will say this loss does NOT hurt as much as that Super Bowl defeat.

This, right here. If you're old enough to remember having a shot at repeating and getting humiliated in the Super Bowl, this kind of pales in comparison. If you're going to get beat, do it before you get there...because that is the WORST.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This, right here. If you're old enough to remember having a shot at repeating and getting humiliated in the Super Bowl, this kind of pales in comparison. If you're going to get beat, do it before you get there...because that is the WORST.

Yeah...particularly losing the way that the Pack lost that day...I don't think I have ONE good memory of anything leading up to that Super Bowl... Seattle was already tampering with Holmgren ... the defense wasn't looking like it did in '96 ... phft...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My dad is an old Baltimore Colts fan. He wants the Ravens. I guess I may have to join him now. It just feels right to root for them now I think. I don't know. Maybe it's the Baltimore/Indy thing. I just think I have to pull for them.

And with all the talk of Brady/Eli now why not get one of the all time greats on defense another ring? Do people still care about defense? With Green Bay out I am going to go the defensive route now.

I love this:

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to make a graphic for a 49ers/Ravens "Super-Harbaugh-Bowl".
But I kinda think the Pats will beat the Ravens.

Yup... it's full-on intraveneous kool-aid time. :roflmao:
I absolutely believe, the way they're peaking right now, the Niners can beat anybody.

Is it Sunday, yet?

Members online

Latest posts