1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So now that the Pack's out of the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerbacker87, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Packerbacker87

Packerbacker87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a particular team that you're pulling for in the playoffs?

(Not trying to be a bandwagon or fairweather fan, just curious)

I'm a Packers and Steelers fan...so I'm pulling for the Steelers...but I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots make it to the playoffs, either (being a citizen of New England and all)...

just curious to see your thoughts...and the Pack'll be back in playoff contention next year!

2. Rodgersfan1985

Rodgersfan1985 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt seein the ravens take it

3. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    Would like to see the Falcons come out of nowhere and run the table. Great cinderella story.

4. Killazach

Killazach Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to be smart and say the Jets? First round draft pick please? COME ON PEOPLE IT WAS A HUGE TRADE. :mad:

5. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +368
    On the NFC it'd be a great story if the Cardinals could go somewhere (underdog and all that) but I doubt they'll make it past the first round.

I'd just LOVE it if the Cowboys didn't make it at all!

If not the Cards then it'd be interesting to see how far the hated Vikes could go, but the NFC Championship game will probably come down to the Giants/Panthers as predicted...

In the AFC I'd support the Colts as I'm from Indiana, though I agree w/the OP I do have a soft spot for the Steelers.

6. GDP56

GDP56 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    of course the jets because of no 4

7. 4forever

4forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If u r a true GB fan I think u would like the Jets in there. As Killazach says it makes the trade HUGE.
    Jets all the way 4 me!!!!

8. joeyharrington

joeyharrington Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i cryed all night when a-rod and the packs got smoke by steve smith and the panthers. only then i knew that the season is over so i burned my a-rod jersey. :(

9. Jmill831

Jmill831 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!! :yes:

10. gman

gman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the steelers for the playoffs. this monday we gotta beat the bears

11. Twizz

Twizz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love for the jets to make it to the superbowl. But i don't think that is going to happen. I honestly think it the Colts year again. The year they won the superbowl the went in and played everyone in everygame and they had to play on wildcard weekend. Didn't rest no body. I think that might be were teams screw up with good records. They get the first round bye and start sitting people.

12. spartacheese520

spartacheese520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pulling for a Manning VS Manning Super Bowl. It's the only potential SB matchup that intrigues me.

13. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The Titans are a great story, in that they are not the glamorous pick or considered a front-runner. I like that they run & stop the run. That takes heart. Jeff Fisher is a class act. Also the fact that they've actually exceeded expectations with the opening day starter at QB sidelined feels a little like they've got destiny on their side.

In the NFC I don't mind seeing former Packer personnel doing well. TAM & PHI don't show alot of promise right now but a lot can change in two weeks.

Titans, Steelers, Jets & Broncos take the division titles & Ravens, Colts get the WC.

Vikings, Giants, Panthers & Cards in the NFC with Bucs & Eagles getting the WC.

ATL may squeeze in if they can upset MIN this week. DAL has the tie-breaker if each finishes the way I expect them to at 10-6. DAL should beat BAL this week & lose to PHI in Week 17. ATL should lose to MIN this week & handle STL next week.

That leaves PHI in the drivers' seat if they prevail at WAS this week & beat DAL next week. 10-5-1 will be good enough to garner the final spot for them.

TAM has two home games to finish their season, SDG & OAK. Both are winnable even with a gimpy Garcia. Their D should stifle any upset attempts.

Round One: Cards def. Bucs, Eagles def. Vikings, Jets def. Colts & Ravens def. Broncos

Round Two: Titans def. Ravens, Steelers def. Jets, Eagles def. Panthers, Giants def. Cards

Conf. Championships: Titans def. Steelers, Giants def. Eagles

SB XLIII: Titans def. Giants

14. ndjb04

ndjb04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Jets for the draft pick. But if i have to pick someone that does not involve the pack i pick Titans.

15. Killazach

Killazach Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You honestly think that the Titans are going to do anything in the playoffs? Maybe the second round win but they aren't winning there conference lol