So Now that Moss is a FA, Do you want him?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer trading for Welker instead of simply signing Moss.

You think that's nonsense and not gonna happen? :)
TRUE!
But man, he almost carried the Pats by himself........
......and unfortunately has another 4 years on his contract.

Moss? :stop: No, thank you!

Randy Moss Made Welker the player he was this year. Take Randy off the field and the Welker is not as open and drawing far better coverage.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I agree that we do have greater needs, like Asante Samuel or Marcus Trufant.

But I'd be happy as pig in a neck-high slop pile if we did get a guy of his caliber.

You can argue about Jennings, Driver being better, but he's light years ahead of Jones, Robinson, and Ruvell. I couldn't say no to this guy.

You're right, I'd rather spend $8 million a year on a young Asante Samuel than an old Randy Moss.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I would prefer trading for Welker instead of simply signing Moss.

You think that's nonsense and not gonna happen? :)
TRUE!
But man, he almost carried the Pats by himself........
......and unfortunately has another 4 years on his contract.

Moss? :stop: No, thank you!

Randy Moss Made Welker the player he was this year. Take Randy off the field and the Welker is not as open and drawing far better coverage.

Agreed. Without Moss, teams would put a CB underneath and a safety over the top. That can't really happen when you're alread double teaming moss. But Moss is a difference maker

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that are saying they wouldnt want moss ... is cause they know he wouldnt come here ... but i bet anything anyone in the whole nfl ... any fan and any owner / gm / coach would want randy moss on their team

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
I'd swallow my pride, but Moss already hung up on it.

Might want to talk that over with Raider Pride.. :p

That was so very wrong.

My apologizes if it offended.. poor attempt at humor maybe.

Pack93Z...... You sit here and apologize to Trom? What about RP?

OFFENDED? THIS IS BEYOND BEING JUST OFFENDED.....

I AM OFFENDED BEYOND WORDS.

I AM OFFENDED THAT...... I did not get the joke the first time I read it.

Now I am worried that I losing my wit? I shall not sleep tonight wondering if I am I getting to that age where things fly over my head?

A Delayed LOL. :lol: That is freaking funny.

R.P.

P.S. I would guess Trom is confident enough with his man-hood not to be offended as well.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR is probably the strongest part on the team..Our money used for free agency(What money???) would be better spent elsewhere.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Randy Moss but it's not going to happen because he'll never see a day of the free agent market. The Pats will franchise him before they let him test the free agent market.

Now if there is a fallout between Moss and New England, I could see Moss coming to Green Bay. It was his 2nd choice less than a year ago and the Packers showed interest before and I think they'd show it again.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Randy Moss but it's not going to happen because he'll never see a day of the free agent market. The Pats will franchise him before they let him test the free agent market.

Now if there is a fallout between Moss and New England, I could see Moss coming to Green Bay. It was his 2nd choice less than a year ago and the Packers showed interest before and I think they'd show it again.

I amy be wrong, and often am....

But I am almost 100% sure Randy Moss can not get the Franchise Tag hung on him.

MorphTheCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
favre2driver said:
Randy Moss is gonna go to the Vikings. He said in an interview "I was drafted a Viking. I want to end a viking." He still has 4-5 more seasons but I think the Vikings have a shot at him.

Is this something new you have heard? I highly doubt he would want to go play with Jackson as his quarterback. Seems like repeating some of the same mistakes of his past.

If I had to bet money, I would say the Pats keep him if at all possible.

i think he got it wrong

http://www.vikingsnow.blogspot.com/

When he was in Minnesota, Moss said he wanted to retire as a Viking, but with possible free agency looming, he isn't looking to go anywhere.

"As a New England Patriot, I would love to finish my career (here),"

LT, I tried to post about this last night too (slow connection - just had to move on), but I looked it up, and he said something this past week that started with (paraphrasing), "I did want to retire as a Viking," as in past tense, and went on to say that nothing he experienced in MN or Oakland could compare to the Patriots.

Probably, like you said, just somehow it was confused with saying he wanted to retire as a Viking, in the present tense. Easy mistake, I guess, depending on how you become aware of it.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
P.S. I would guess Trom is confident enough with his man-hood not to be offended as well.

I always assumed that Tromadz was a name of Hebrew origin, but evidently I was mistaken...

Raider Pride said:

I thought the same thing until Adam Schefter said last night on NFLN that the Pats will probably franchise him. I thought "Hmm, I thought Randy was free from franchise-ability, but Adam's never wrong."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Raider Pride said:

I always assumed that Tromadz was a name of Hebrew origin, but evidently I was mistaken...

Raider Pride said:

I thought the same thing until Adam Schefter said last night on NFLN that the Pats will probably franchise him. I thought "Hmm, I thought Randy was free from franchise-ability, but Adam's never wrong."

That clause in his previous contract was probably stricken in the trade.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR is probably the strongest part on the team..Our money used for free agency(What money???) would be better spent elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: Like pay someone who worked their *** off the past few years as a Green Bay Packer, ahem, Corey Williams. And draft well. And build from within. And maybe pick up a Free Agent. TT seems to pick one up each year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride said:

I never heard anything about the Pats not being able to franchise Moss. I now they can't to Asante Samuel but Moss is fair game for them and you're right, Schefner is never wrong so it'll probably happen.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss is gonna go to the Vikings. He said in an interview "I was drafted a Viking. I want to end a viking." He still has 4-5 more seasons but I think the Vikings have a shot at him.

Hope he does and they give him a grand old Viking funeral! That I would pay to see.

Members online

Latest posts