Sit Down Jaire

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tanking for a draft pick?
Tanking to get rid of Barry?
Actually that bent Re:his coin flip stunt?

I don’t buy any of those. Gotta be more going on here

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if he was suspended ONLY due to the coin toss thing. Boneheaded decision for sure but plenty of players all around the league have avoided suspensions for any number of arguably worse offenses. Has to be more to that story

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He was t suspended only for the toss. There is more.

But posters here think they know it all

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this will humble him and cause him to think before doing his actions like that Sunday

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid is going to be problem child forever imo. The way he’s laughing off this whole issue speaks volumes about his character (or lack thereof). He’s been a liability this whole season. He’s supposed to be a leader and one of the best at his position, but he‘s sure not acting like it. These stars hear how good they are everyday from the media and it eventually ruins them.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was t suspended only for the toss. There is more.

But posters here think they know it all

MLF even eluded to it is never result of one decision. Jaire has been a problem and as MANY in the know and many of us observing even from the outside have noticed something is WAY WAY off in all things surrounding Jaire.

I'd love to hear Jaire put it publicly if his feelings of Barry are part of all this - and the injury has been a convenient timed issue.

Truthfully I would bet serious money there are a ton of things with the Jaire situation and there isn't just one thing that has this relationship bubbling to the point of breaking.

I've said it before and will say it again I don't believe Jaire finishes the 2024 season with the Packers. I think we are headed towards a break up and a trade. Contractually it's very tough fiscally to swallow the cap pill it would be to do a prior to June 1st trade and get equity picks back for this coming draft....but it would suck to only get future 2025 draft equity back for him in a Post June 1st trade as well.

Either way, internally I don't think Jaire survives GB another year unless changes happen. Barry firing and getting someone in he hits it off with is the ONLY hope I believe that this relationship is savageable.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid is going to be problem child forever imo. The way he’s laughing off this whole issue speaks volumes about his character (or lack thereof). He’s been a liability this whole season. He’s supposed to be a leader and one of the best at his position, but he‘s sure not acting like it.
He is one of the best at his position. He should be man-to-man on the other team's best receiver. That's what Pettine did with him. Barry doesn't use him to his strengths at all.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid is going to be problem child forever imo. The way he’s laughing off this whole issue speaks volumes about his character (or lack thereof). He’s been a liability this whole season. He’s supposed to be a leader and one of the best at his position, but he‘s sure not acting like it. These stars hear how good they are everyday from the media and it eventually ruins them.
Alexander is rightfully frustrated at having Joe Barry as DC and seeing another season pissed away. If he's ultracompetitive, then frustrations will boil over. If he's the kind of player that's just happy to be in the NFL collecting a paycheck, then he'd be more likely just shut up and lose. I'd prefer the ultracompetitive player on my team, even if that means that he acts out when conditions get intolerable like they are now with a failed DC that continues to have a job.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is WAS one of the best at his position. He should be man-to-man on the other team's best receiver. That's what Pettine did with him. Barry doesn't use him to his strengths at all.
Fixed that for you.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG. On the rare occasion he has been allowed to play M2M he has been as good as ever. But Barry loves his dumb zones. If you can't see that, it's your problem.

He for sure is one of the best or was one of the best when he was allowed to do it...now it happens so infrequently between injuries/issues and Barry's playcalling it would be nice to see if he still is. I also would say until proven otherwise you are absolutely right saying he is.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG. On the rare occasion he has been allowed to play M2M he has been as good as ever. But Barry loves his dumb zones. If you can't see that, it's your problem.
In 2022, Jaire was the 10th overall CB as ranked by PFF.
This year, he is tied for 82nd.
Joe Barry was DC last year and this year.

"WAS" is CORRECT

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2022, Jaire was the 10th overall CB as ranked by PFF.
This year, he is tied for 82nd.
Joe Barry was DC last year and this year.

"WAS" is CORRECT

You're choosing to ignore the one CRUCIAL aspect which many of us have written - in man coverage or even better yet press man.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're choosing to ignore the one CRUCIAL aspect which many of us have written - in man coverage or even better yet press man.

Regarding the defensive performance versus the Panthers
Link: Packerswire

"Despite the results and discouraging performance, it’s not as if Joe Barry didn’t make adjustments. According to Next Gen Stats, the Packers blitzed on a season-high 44 percent of Young’s dropbacks. This zone-heavy defense also utilized man coverage on 64 percent of dropbacks–another season-high." (My emphasis added.)

Additionally, the article states the following:
"The trio of Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Keisean Nixon were targeted 15 times this past Sunday, with Young completing 13 of those passes. He totaled 191 yards through the air, or 14.6 yards per catch, and two touchdowns, both of which came with Stokes in coverage, according to PFF. "Between the three, there were no pass breakups recorded, and of Young’s 36 total pass attempts, only four were contested by the Green Bay defense, with the Panthers’ pass-catchers catching three of them.

I can't verify the following statistic stated on X.com, but it's in line with stats cited above: Alexander gave up catches on ALL 5 THROWS he was reported as defending.

Jaire WAS one of the best at his position.
Not "is."
WAS

OP
OP
AKCheese

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so the theory is he’s acting out to show up Barry? This stunt this past game just seemed like an immature goofball. He has 3 maybe 4 seasons left in front of him, hopefully he didnt pout this one away being stupid

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the defensive performance versus the Panthers
Link: Packerswire

"Despite the results and discouraging performance, it’s not as if Joe Barry didn’t make adjustments. According to Next Gen Stats, the Packers blitzed on a season-high 44 percent of Young’s dropbacks. This zone-heavy defense also utilized man coverage on 64 percent of dropbacks–another season-high." (My emphasis added.)

Additionally, the article states the following:
"The trio of Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Keisean Nixon were targeted 15 times this past Sunday, with Young completing 13 of those passes. He totaled 191 yards through the air, or 14.6 yards per catch, and two touchdowns, both of which came with Stokes in coverage, according to PFF. "Between the three, there were no pass breakups recorded, and of Young’s 36 total pass attempts, only four were contested by the Green Bay defense, with the Panthers’ pass-catchers catching three of them.

I can't verify the following statistic stated on X.com, but it's in line with stats cited above: Alexander gave up catches on ALL 5 THROWS he was reported as defending.

Jaire WAS one of the best at his position.
Not "is."
WAS

Barry calls man coverage yet calls guys to be ten yards off….that isn’t what Jaire does best…that is essentially off zone call.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so the theory is he’s acting out to show up Barry? This stunt this past game just seemed like an immature goofball. He has 3 maybe 4 seasons left in front of him, hopefully he didnt pout this one away being stupid

Jaire has the maturity of a teenager no doubt in my mind personally.

Reaction score
I don’t know why, but my intuition told me it was on the level of badmouthing our DC and got caught. It’s something like that or something on a similar level of that.
I think this was just a slap on his hand for multiple cases of insubordination. Just my opinion.

It fits his ultra opinionated personality

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry calls man coverage yet calls guys to be ten yards off….that isn’t what Jaire does best…that is essentially off zone call.
In the offseason, the Packers brought in a consultant (think name is Greg Mueller) to address issues with the secondary. One of his recommendations was to have Jaire start out formations tighter in man coverage. When interviewed earlier this season, Jaire told a reporter he is given latitude to line up where he wants and he just prefers to line up farther off the ball.

I just got done watching a chalk talk on the Panthers game, and frankly, I am disgusted. Jaire lining up that far off the ball burned him three times. Once they were in man coverage, Jaire peeks at the QB, leaves his own man and jumps a route being run by Ballentine's man. Bryce young throws a beautiful ball that sails into the waiting arms of... Jaire's man. Johnson, playing safety, covers for Jaire and makes the tackle, but ends up with a personal foul for his trouble. Another play, straight up man, Jaire was 12 yards off on 3rd and 10, and his man catches the ball for a first down around the Packers 15 or 20. Drive led to a 4th qtr TD. But, it's Joe Barry that's the problem, right?

I'll end my rant here: The reverse the Panthers ran for a TD? That was Jaire's man, too. At snap, Jaire's man runs toward the QB, and Jaire is SEEN ON TAPE motioning to Stokes to pick him up. One problem: The defense is in man coverage BUT JAIRE THINKS THEY'RE IN ZONE! Stokes and the other secondary players not named "Jaire" are all covering Panther players. So, Jaire runs across the field late, meets his guy with the ball at the 4 yard-line then basically pushes him into the end zone for a TD.

Jaire "WAS" one of the best CBs in the league. At the end of 2023, PFF shows 80 CBs ahead of him. The tape I watched tonight makes me think there might be at least 20 more.

On the positive side, I agree with Mark Tauscher on this: The suspension could be the best thing that happened to Jaire in his career. I like Ja. He's refreshing and charismatic. I also think his injury is very real. But, I think seeing Valentine and Ballentine ball out against Detroit and KC spooked him a bit, maybe reminded him of the player he was 2-3 years ago.

There is a pattern Jaire could follow: Charles Woodson. His story could be even better than Woodson as Jaire achieved more in his early NFL years than Charles did. I hope he does that. I don't see Jaire being as physical, but I see the same amount of "field savvy" that Woodson had.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, internally I don't think Jaire survives GB another year unless changes happen. Barry firing and getting someone in he hits it off with is the ONLY hope I believe that this relationship is savageable.

Enter Ejiro Evero

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know why, but my intuition told me it was on the level of badmouthing our DC and got caught. It’s something like that or something on a similar level of that.
If that's the case, why didn't Campbell get suspended for his comment a couple weeks ago? It was a pretty obvious public shot at the defensive staff.

Members online

Latest posts