Should the Packers give Josh Gordon a second chance?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Gordon being in the league's substance abuse protocol the league is allowed to suspend him for drinking alcohol as well. Doesn't make it any better.

Okay, we'll just agree to disagree and move on because it isn't going to happen so it's all a moot point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scroll on bottom of TV during SNF last night said Cleveland was actively shopping a Gordon trade last week before Josh checked into rehab... sounds like there was a (small?) chance of him escaping Cleveland. Think he's got A LOT of problems besides just being sentenced to the Cleveland Browns... no thanks.

Reaction score
I think we have the talent to be successful at a high level and we need to focus on improving what we have without distractions. I'm not trying to be insensitive to the issue of substance abuse because it's a sad epidemic that is everywhere. But that's a separate issue.
I hope he gets cleaned up first because that's much more important than football right now.
We need to keep our noses to the grindstone and continue improving slightly week by week on our current roster by Staying the course under the radar like we did in 2010. After watching Aaron in multiple interviews I respect his ability to answer questions with integrity but diverting and redirecting his energy towards our focus which is improving, rather than taking the bait of sensationalism for a **** story. Leave that to the Johnny Manziels of the league.
Quietly dangerous. That's how I want this year's team to be remembered.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all Gordon is still under contract with the Browns, therefore the Packers can't sign him to a contract.

In addition there's no need as well as rules preventing a team from bringing in a player to put him on injured reserve.

I thought this thread was operating under the assumption that Gordon was going to be released.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you've slipped up as many times as this guy has, and your best friend is Johnny Manziel, the odds are against you.

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Low risk, immensely high reward. You give him a chance knowing that his availability is in question as well as his discipline. But I don't believe what he has done is anywhere close to what some players in the league have done and he does deserve a second chance somewhere.

You give him a one year prove it deal for the league minimum and see if a new team that is a winner can get him in the right direction. He would significantly improve this football team and another lethal deep threat is what this team needs.

Thoughts?
The guy is a total headcase! Forget about it