1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Packers give Josh Gordon a second chance?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by sdh09e44, Sep 30, 2016.

1. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Low risk, immensely high reward. You give him a chance knowing that his availability is in question as well as his discipline. But I don't believe what he has done is anywhere close to what some players in the league have done and he does deserve a second chance somewhere.

You give him a one year prove it deal for the league minimum and see if a new team that is a winner can get him in the right direction. He would significantly improve this football team and another lethal deep threat is what this team needs.

Thoughts?

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Thompson isn't averse to giving guys with addiction problems a 2nd chance, if they are sincere in their desire to turn their lives around.

I don't know Gordon, he hasn't made good decisions, but it doesn't mean he can't. If they feel he is in a place to change, I'd trust their decision

3. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +137
    Who is Josh Gordon ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +325
    Helllllll no!!! Availability is paramount with this regime, IMHO, and a guy who knowingly behaves in a way to make himself UNavailable (by choice) doesn't belong in GB.

2nd chance??? That was at least 2 chances ago...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    Isn't he under contract with Cleveland?

6. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    He's a free agent after this season. Also I hear the Browns are moving on from him. Probably means he will be released.

7. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
  8. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    If even the Browns are giving up on him then that raises some flags. Besides, the dude has had so many chances. The talent is undeniable but all of that is useless if your extra curriculars are you keep you off the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Packer Brother

Packer Brother Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    Don't care if he's a problem. Get a cheap deal and he can help the team. At his best, he's better than Jordy and Cobb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,070
    If he is not smart enough to stay clean or not get caught then there is no way in hell he can learn this offense and all the pre snap reads and such.

He can smoke all day for all I care. IMO the rule needs to go away. Half the league does it and doesn't get caught.

11. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    The browns stick with gordon throu all the idiotic stuff. And when he seems to be maturing, turning himself into rehab before another bad pee test. And they drop him???

I get it... But he will most likely go somewhere else and dominate again. After the browns took all the growing pains.

12. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +453
    Not interested in the least.

13. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    Not saying I wouldn't be interested at a low price point but I'm not sure if you can be confident he'll ever be dominate again. It'll be pretty much 3 years without football at that point. Even considering it's not from injury that's ALOT of time away from the field to come back from

14. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Too late to give him a 2nd chance. If we give him a chance, I believe that would be his 4th.

15. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    He was the top receiver in the nfl as a young man. He also managed to catch one long ball in preseason this year... I think he could have made the browns crumby qb look good. Make rodgers look like brady with moss.

16. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    For smoking weed. That alone is a great injustice...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    So why would the Browns give up on him? They need lots of help, why did they give up on him? I don't know what the rules are in the rehab he just checked into - but I doubt he is even available this season.

18. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Yup. I'm also all for another solution. Maybe sign Desean Jackson this offseason or trade for him if the redskins become a sinking ship. Or Draft one in the first round in 2017. All I know is this team would be deadly if they could add another lethal deep threat. Have to one up the Vikings somehow, before they do it to us again.

19. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Idk. Because enough is enough with waiting on him. At some point you gotta just move on for the best interest of both sides. Also maybe because Coleman and Pryor look the part.

20. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    Some of the browns brass had enough of gordon. Didnt they draft 6 wrs or something???
    Anyways. They have coleman and pryor. Gordon was a bad example for the other young wrs.

I think randy moss is a good parallel. When he was getting sent out of minnesota

21. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    Hes only 25 someone will give him a chance. I think he would help the packers offense tremendously. I think he just doesnt want to play for the browns. Who doesnt get paid for a whole year in a half then checks his self into rehab before return?

22. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    That's really what I am getting at. He will be given a clean slate somewhere, what he does with it is unknown. Just suggesting that I would like for it to be in GB instead of Minnesota.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. VegasPacker

VegasPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    This is tough....I mean he's clearly an idiot for wasting away his talent like this. And I'm not usually a fan of bringing in distractions to the locker room, but the guy is so young and so good on the football field that you almost wanna take a gamble here and see if he can get his **** together enough to at least bring him in for a visit and maybe a little workout with Rodgers

24. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    As someone else mentioned, he probably knew he would get popped and so went into drug rehab instead. Be interesting to see if that works. Sure, I would sign him for peanuts with incentives but for more than just a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +957
    No.

• Disagree Disagree x 1