Should The Packers Get Adolphus Washington In This Next Draft?

Should The Pack Go After Adolphus Washington?

• Total voters

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes, that guy's got beastly pass rushing skills and although he has mostly played on the defensive front, I bet he could play outside linebacker in a Vaughn Miller kind of role and completely knock Cam Newton into the middle of next week. I say let's key him in as a 1st round pick to solidify the defense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if you've heard of him already, he'll be gone by the time the Packers pick unless he tanks the combine.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have far bigger needs than defensive tackle.
Actually there are more holes than the "draft and develop" philosophy can fill.
But it's been that way for a long time.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a beast middle linebacker or a difference maker TE

See my thinking is, your linebackers are always better when you got a force up front that almost always needs double teams and looking at this guy, he looks like another big time Cullen Jenkins kind of player that would need so much attention up front that Clay and company would get freed up to go lay the wood on opposing RBs and QBs.

I mean I don't know where he's projected to fall in the draft, I'd think behind his team mate Joey Bosa probably. I know there are other teams probably looking to stock on DLmen, but I'm saying if he's there on our pick, we gotta go get him.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Hunter Henry - Arkansas TE, 6'-6", 250#. I can't remember him dropping a ball this season. One of the sportscaster said the last time was last year.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
At the end of this season, will any Packers have suffered career-threatening injuries? Will any players currently under performing (Adams for example) improve dramatically? Will any rookies (Ryan) who have had limited duty from scrimmage, emerge? Which free agents will the Packers retain? Where will the Packers pick in the draft? Which 5-10 players will likely be available at that spot? ...

What was the question again? :D

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunter Henry - Arkansas TE, 6'-6", 250#. I can't remember him dropping a ball this season. One of the sportscaster said the last time was last year.

Ooo draft talk! Finally, I love it! Either Henry or OJ would be awesome additions at tight end, but I'd also love a speed linebacker early too.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See my thinking is, your linebackers are always better when you got a force up front that almost always needs double teams and looking at this guy, he looks like another big time Cullen Jenkins kind of player that would need so much attention up front that Clay and company would get freed up to go lay the wood on opposing RBs and QBs.

I mean I don't know where he's projected to fall in the draft, I'd think behind his team mate Joey Bosa probably. I know there are other teams probably looking to stock on DLmen, but I'm saying if he's there on our pick, we gotta go get him.

I understand this thinking, but we'll still suffer from not having a linebacker that can cover. We get destroyed in the middle of the field.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I would love to have beastly D'backs who put fear in coming across the middle where we are getting killed this year....

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But see here's the thing, you want a good defense, put a pushing force on the defensive front that causes heavy pressure on opposing QBs and make it deep. That's what I'm getting at.

D

Deleted member 6794

It´s way too early to talk about the Packers draft needs as there´s no way to know what will happen next offseason. All of the Packers starters on the defensive line are set to become free agents in March and it´s possible the position will be in dire need of an upgrade at next year´s draft. On the other hand if Thompson re-signs all of them the team has more pressing needs to address.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR or TE in the first round please. Give our MVP QB some toys.

D

Deleted member 6794

WR or TE in the first round please. Give our MVP QB some toys.

It´s really early to talk about draft prospects but I don´t think there´s any TE available worth of spending a first-round pick on in next year´s draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can Adolphus Washington play ILB, WR and punt? If he can, he's the guy!!

I agree with most here, way too early for this. What I would like to see is TT visiting the FA Market (other teams FA's, not just our own) to pick up some veteran leadership as well as measurable experience in some of our positions of need. You can't tell me that there aren't going to be a few FA WR's out there that wouldn't love having AR throwing to them. Then again TT signing a FA, I have always wanted to walk on the moon too.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s way too early to talk about the Packers draft needs as there´s no way to know what will happen next offseason. All of the Packers starters on the defensive line are set to become free agents in March and it´s possible the position will be in dire need of an upgrade at next year´s draft. On the other hand if Thompson re-signs all of them the team has more pressing needs to address.
Oh come on, don't be a party pooper. It's never too early to start talking draft, it's so much fun! ;) I didn't think about how many guys we could lose on that D-line. Probably going to be a huge need.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on God's green earth would we draft a 290 pound man to play linebacker...

Jake Butt is the only tightend I have any real interest in this year. OJ maybe, but he's a project that's gonna take a few years to pan out I think.

Draft class is pretty thin at ILB again. Reggie and Jaylon could easily be off the board early in the 1st.