Shields to start @ CB next year?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Assuming he continues to develop at his current pace, I'm really liking the idea of starting Shields at CB next year and putting Woodson at FS with Burnett playing the nickle. Woodson's coverage has slipped very slightly this year but he could still be a monster safety for 3 or 4 more years.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming he continues to develop at his current pace, I'm really liking the idea of starting Shields at CB next year and putting Woodson at FS with Burnett playing the nickle. Woodson's coverage has slipped very slightly this year but he could still be a monster safety for 3 or 4 more years.

I think so

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah he does, they will send him to a db camp in the off season. Hes working of pure talent and speed once he gets technique and fundamentals he will be dangerous also.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
* can't really comment on who I would like where,..just want them to do their JOB!!! lol!!!!

engelke,..you've only posted 18 times?? It seems like you've been here way longer than me!

I guess since I saw your pic's on the front page from when you joined,... lol

Anyways,..Hope your girls are rooting for the Pack too!!!!

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely. Shields needs to be on the field. Woodson is most effective in the middle of the field. Burnett should be the nickel back (safety) with Woodson playing in the slot. This is a great problem to have.

Yes, it certainly is, and we owe that to Thompson. Although I will say I'd love to see him go hard after that one free agent to put us over the top. And by "free agent" I mean "LaMarr Woodley".

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so. Woodson is slowing dow. Still could use another corner in the draft though. The drop off to the next one after williams and shields would be steep.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* can't really comment on who I would like where,..just want them to do their JOB!!! lol!!!!

engelke,..you've only posted 18 times?? It seems like you've been here way longer than me!

I guess since I saw your pic's on the front page from when you joined,... lol

Anyways,..Hope your girls are rooting for the Pack too!!!!

yeah, im more of a lurker i guess, the kiddo doesnt allow too much time on the computer these days. but yes, we were running around the house like a bunch of crazies when Vick got picked off. im surprised the neighbors didnt call the cops on us, haha.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL! Well good to hear!!! Raise them up right and to hell with the neighbors!!! LOL! ( our dogs were going nuts!)

My husband was a Detroit fan,... well he was a detroit fan when I met him, and realized that wasn't going to fly,...so he learned about the Packers and starting cheering with me! Now all 4 of us are major Packer fans!

didn't mean to jack the thread.... continue on! * Go Shields!!!! :clapping:

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They said on the broadcast even against 2 tight personal package the Pack usually is in nickel personal, only team in the league to do this and it is because of Woodson's versatility and Shields emergence. Woodson is playing like a will LB and they are losing nothing vs. the run, did anyone see the stop he made on Vick early in the game, does anyone have better closing speed then Woodson? Shields has been awesome, tested once and that was it. Almost made a great pick, still a great play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts