1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shields to start @ CB next year?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GreenBlood, Jan 9, 2011.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Assuming he continues to develop at his current pace, I'm really liking the idea of starting Shields at CB next year and putting Woodson at FS with Burnett playing the nickle. Woodson's coverage has slipped very slightly this year but he could still be a monster safety for 3 or 4 more years.

2. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    yeah I like that idea. Also would like a CB in the draft too (1st rd).

3. engelke

engelke Cheesius Maximus

Ratings:
    +20
    i hope so, hes been pretty impressive

4. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    I think so

5. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    Oh yeah he does, they will send him to a db camp in the off season. Hes working of pure talent and speed once he gets technique and fundamentals he will be dangerous also.

6. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    as long as bush dont move up the depth chart lol

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    * can't really comment on who I would like where,..just want them to do their JOB!!! lol!!!!

engelke,..you've only posted 18 times?? It seems like you've been here way longer than me!

I guess since I saw your pic's on the front page from when you joined,... lol

Anyways,..Hope your girls are rooting for the Pack too!!!!

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Yes, it certainly is, and we owe that to Thompson. Although I will say I'd love to see him go hard after that one free agent to put us over the top. And by "free agent" I mean "LaMarr Woodley".

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think so. Woodson is slowing dow. Still could use another corner in the draft though. The drop off to the next one after williams and shields would be steep.

10. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Slowing down but he still plays at an incredibly high level. 2 or 3 good years still left.

11. engelke

engelke Cheesius Maximus

Ratings:
    +20
    yeah, im more of a lurker i guess, the kiddo doesnt allow too much time on the computer these days. but yes, we were running around the house like a bunch of crazies when Vick got picked off. im surprised the neighbors didnt call the cops on us, haha.

12. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    LOL! Well good to hear!!! Raise them up right and to hell with the neighbors!!! LOL! ( our dogs were going nuts!)

My husband was a Detroit fan,... well he was a detroit fan when I met him, and realized that wasn't going to fly,...so he learned about the Packers and starting cheering with me! Now all 4 of us are major Packer fans!

didn't mean to jack the thread.... continue on! * Go Shields!!!! :clapping:

13. missinghoagies

missinghoagies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    They said on the broadcast even against 2 tight personal package the Pack usually is in nickel personal, only team in the league to do this and it is because of Woodson's versatility and Shields emergence. Woodson is playing like a will LB and they are losing nothing vs. the run, did anyone see the stop he made on Vick early in the game, does anyone have better closing speed then Woodson? Shields has been awesome, tested once and that was it. Almost made a great pick, still a great play.

14. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    shields is def impressive

15. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Asomough anyone???