1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shareholder's Meeting

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,991
    I had to go to a work meeting this morning, got back and only saw the tail end of the annual shareholder's meeting. Who else watched it? Does anyone know if they post a link online so we can watch it later?

2. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I attended in person and the link below includes some of the highlights from the meeting. Probably
    the biggest news, at least for me, is the plan to relocate/renovate the Packer Pro Shop, Curly's Pub and
    the Hall of Fame once the current south end zone expansion is completed. Also, the noted attendance
    of 12,500 seems low as I would have guessed closer to 20,000 but could be wrong.

The new video boards and sound system looked and sounded awesome. Money well spent. In addition,
    I can't wait for the south end zone stands to be completed. I wasn't sure if I liked the new look based on
    the artist renditions, but after seeing the current project in person it really completes the stadium and looks
    imposing to visiting teams.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...g-record/927d6e36-c141-4280-98ab-cc754a8e3e82

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    As a partial owner of this team I demand a closed door meeting with Aaron Rodgers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    I was pretty disappointed I couldn't go, but watching it online was still fun! The new video board looks pretty great. Money well spent!

5. ClintLB8

ClintLB8 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When is the next time that stocks will be up for sale? I am a new Packers fan and I know it probably won't be for another 10-12 years but I think it is one of the best ideas as far as getting fans involved in the team. I have always been a huge Clay Matthews fan and being an Alabama football fan, I can respect a storied tradition like the Packers have. I know I'm new but I can promise the I'm die hard! Go Packers!!!

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,991
    It will likely be a while. I got into a heated argument with a Bears fan, who insisted that the stock sale violated SEC rules and was a complete sham. My simple reply (and the truth) is that I don't care about dividends or stock value. I truly am against public financing of stadiums via general taxes so the stock sale was my way to put-up-or-shut-up in regards to funding a stadium build/renovation. If the Packers do another stock sale for another stadium upgrade that I value, I will cheerfully buy another share of stock purely for that reason.

Silly Bears fans

7. ClintLB8

ClintLB8 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is one of the most incredible ways to get fans involved. Strictly optional to those who want to support and you get to say you are
    truly invested in the team. I will definitely buy stock when it is available again.

8. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    same here