Sept. 20, 1992: Packers 24, Bengals 23

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
By Chris Havel
PackersNews.com

Tears streamed down James Campen’s cheeks. Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer embraced in the north end zone. Fans strained forward trying to reach out and touch Terrell Buckley. Kitrick Taylor. Brett Favre. Somebody. Anybody.

To the 57,272 delirious Lambeau Field fans, the star of the day was the next Packer down the tunnel, an impromptu victory march set in motion by an improbable victory: Green Bay’s 24-23 win over the previously unbeaten Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday afternoon.

The game’s almost surrealistic finish, during which time and an ill-fated Bengals defensive back both seemed to stand still, moved first-year Packers Coach Mike Holmgren to declare, “This is the happiest (win) of my life.â€

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did you know the Packers started off to a really rough start his first season as QB?

I think the Packers had Rookie HC, OC and DC as well just like we have now.

Okay, did some researching.
HC - Mike Holmgren (1992-1998)
OC - Sherman Lewis (1992-1998)
DC - Ray Lewis (1992-1993)

All of which were their first year in each respective role.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the Pack'll very probably come out of the gate this year the same way the 92 crew did, struggling. Can't expect much otherwise with new staff and players. Reason for optimism over the long haul, but look for choppy water initially. Maybe for a while. Offensive line and receivers, youth, new schemes and play calling terminology. Preseason oughta answer a few questions, prepare the fans. Hopefully.

Members online

Latest posts