Sherman’s strategy

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Oct. 24, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel

Sherman’s strategy is giving me a headache

MINNEAPOLIS — This is just what the doctor ordered, but only if the Green Bay Packers’ team doctors are Frankenstein and Kevorkian.

The Packers’ patchwork lineup stitched together two good quarters to build a commanding first-half lead, but failed to sew up a victory.

The result was Sunday’s agonizing 23-20 loss at Minnesota in a game that comes perilously close to putting the Packers out of their misery.

This was euthanasia at its worst, a mercy killing without mercy, and with no letup in sight.

Afterward, Packers coach Mike Sherman said: “This isn’t a low point for me. There is a lot of football left to play.â€

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expressed two concerns about Mike Sherman last week, as I have for 4 years. He either shows up with a crappy, conservative gameplan (see 2nd half) and he plays not to lose when he gets a lead (see 2nd half)!

So, we are ravaged by injuries, and the one thing that is working, the tight ends, is the one thing our offense doesn't utilize for damn near an entire half. And as Havel points out...game on the line....hmmmm....Brett Favre or third string RB Tony Fisher!! Only in the world of Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley is it the latter!

Dear Lord...the man has no spine. Outcoached and outmotivated by Mike Tice!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE DIDN'T THINK ABOUT PASSING? When you have one of the best quarterbacks to ever to play the game under center, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

For christ sake, Mike Sherman sounds disturbed..

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna know what Favre did (way back when) that has Rossley's ******* in a ***....

When you pull a stunt like that on a Player, any Player... there's a reason!

I think the Press oughta call Tom Rossley out on exactly this topic!
Trouble is - there's still this PC in the NFL -- PC = polticial correctness - lord how I hate that nonsense.

Common courtesy is all that's ever needed! And, Wisconsin hospitality ! !

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it was a no-brainer to pass and go for the TD. I was shocked when they went for a run, especially since the running game was lame all day.

How could Mike Sherman not think to pass?

I think he knows he made a bad call and doesn't want to admit it.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He will NEVER admit to making a mistake...

(a true sign of weakness...)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If I thought about it, I would have done it"....sounds like he admitted to making a mistake to me.

It WAS a lousy call.....but the Packers lost this game for a number of reasons....not one lousy draw play call. And YEA Scott Wells should take the blame for that play. I've been saying all year that nobody holds the players accountable. I think the draw play was a sh1tty call.....but ******* if your center can't even remember the snap count I don't think a pass play would have worked either!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack hit the nail on the head. It doesn't matter what play is called, if the players don't execute, it won't work. If they called a pass on 3-3 and Driver trips over his own 2 feet, or Wells botches the snap while Chatman is wide open in the endzone...it's all for naught.

No single player, coach, or play call is solely responsible for a win or loss.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way - Scott Wells makes minor mistakes, like any other...
He also has yet to complete a full year at Center.... part-time don't get it.

Just the same - that's a lousy comment coming from an HC - get real, People!
If Sherman had his wits about him - he'd have made the right play-call..
On top of that - he'd never spew such a comment during the after-game interview, either! Remember, at this point in time (20/20 hindsight not allowed) ....I say "IF"....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"If i wasn't a moron..i would have done it.."
Mike Sherman...

(or perhaps Rossley didn't give him "permission" to make that call...)

same thing, DePack..

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Dear Lord...the man has no spine. Outcoached and outmotivated by Mike Tice!

against a vikings team that was booed pregame, we had 17 points on them and couldnt drive the final nail into the 'queens

mike sherman can win only win when he has a team that is much better on paper...so great of a skill difference is needed to cover the gap his coaching ineptness creates

he has been there for plenty of letdowns, regular and post season...you can fault sherman for whatever play he did or did not call, but LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, this team is going a different direction and we sure as hell need a different coach...

as a footnote, i cannot reiterate enough...if you think this offense sputters with a hall of famer at the helm, it is going to get ugly if aaron rodgers takes over next season with this ******* coaching, his ******* clone tom rossley at his side, and no weapons on offense

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cmon Javon.....first you say the "*******"(very original-I believe 66 has copywrited that phrase) can't coach... then you say he has no weapons on offense. Do any of you guys think before you hit the keys after a tough loss or do you just start typing and hope it sounds good?

Members online

Latest posts