Senior Bowl Thread

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some nice stat nuggets from PFF about the participants. I'm not a big fan of their grades, but I really think their advanced metrics are valuable. Some notes of interest on the corners.

Jourdan Lewis, Michigan, allowed the lowest passer rating (37.9) and completion % (29.5), but the 2nd highest YAC (6.2). Makes sense for a fluid, but undersized cover corner.

Lowest yards per coverage snap at .6 went to Desmond King of Iowa who is more of a zone corner or safety prospect.

Tre'Davious White, LSU, allowed the lowest % of his targets to go for 1D/TD at 14.3.

Damontae Kazee, of my own San Diego State University, was above average in every last category.

Offense

Defense

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some notes of interest from the weigh ins:

-RB Donnel Pumphrey of SDSU came in with a disappointing 5'8" 169, short arms, and small hands. He was a stud for the Aztecs, but size is going to be a big limiting factor at the next level.

-Michigan WR Amara Darboh had a great weigh in, at 6'2" 215 with long arms and big hands. Physically, he is as advertized.

-Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis came in at 5'10" 188. I'm glad he at least cleared that 5'10" bar. The Packers tend to avoid shorter corners, but I hope they consider Lewis-- he's an excellent prospect.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agreed about Lewis. The guy was a stud until he f'd up in the Orange bowl. He was a favorite of mine, but everyone was complaining about his size. He came in taller and heavier than many expected and although I don't think he's as physical as Verrett, he's got similar cover ability and size.

I'm pretty disappointed in Gerald Everett's measurements. He's basically a wide receiver. Evans was a solid 6'3" though with great hands and wing span.

Overall, I'm extremely excited to see this game. So many good prospects to watch.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many solid prospects this year. At CB those mentioned Desmond King and Demontae Kazee would be great picks for the Pack. Another would be Cam Sutton. But the prospect I've advocated for on here since September is Kareem Hunt RB Toledo 5"11 208 very explosive runner with power through holes. He has a nasty jump cut into accelerated power to find daylight!

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nate Gerry is a ballhawk at Nebraska. He has off field issues but other than that the dude can play. He reminds me of Micah Hyde.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on "Off field issues" ?
heres more. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_13c753f6-6b19-11e6-af4d-ffe79f2470d2.html

Banker who coaches the safeties. His statement on Gerry missing season opener “I don’t know what you’d call it,” Banker said. “Decision-making. It’s not frustration. Disappointment, to an extent. He’s disappointed as well. But this, too, shall pass. We go forward ... looking forward to getting him back in the fold because, No. 1, he’s a good person, and No. 2, he’s a good leader. He plays his position well.”

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is what PFF has on Gerry for advanced stats. I'm listing their FBS average for reference.

Gerry: 23.4% of time in box
FBS: 17.2%

Gerry: 10% in slot
FBS: 21.2%

Gerry: Targeted 8% of coverage snaps
FBS: 9.1%

Gerry: 31 targets, 21 receptions, 68% completion
FBS: 61% completion

Gerry: 230 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT
FBS: N.P.

Gerry: 81 passer rating allowed, 8 YD YAC
FBS: 93, 6.1

Gerry: 19.4% of targets went for 1D or TD, .59 yards allowed per coverage snap
FBS: 36.9%, .73

Gerry: 64 tackles, 4.7 stop %, 7 missed tackles, 7.7% MT
FBS: 15.7% MT

Gerry: 8 pass rushes, 1 sack, 3 total pressures, 37.5 pressure %
FBS: 19.3 pressure %

Pretty strong numbers across the board, at least in comparison to the other prospects at the senior bowl. The stats paint a picture of a box safety with strong skills in the running game and some ability to make a play on the ball in the air.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also am a big Nate Gerry fan. I have him mocked as a middle or late round selection. If we grabbed him in 5th Id be ecstatic about the leadership depth and ST role he would bring to the team! He reminds me of Jeff Heath but Gerry is more physical.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
By all reports, my boy Kazee was strong in press man today. He barely played it at SDSU. They use their corners almost exclusively in zone and off man. Good news for him. He's a really good corner.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By all reports, my boy Kazee was strong in press man today. He barely played it at SDSU. They use their corners almost exclusively in zone and off man. Good news for him. He's a really good corner.
Thats exactly what I was going to post, Kazee showed he can press a WR and jam him at line. Really improved his stock today. Reminds me of Hayward a little, I have him mocked as a 3rd round pick, but he could sneak into the 2nd! Sutton showed some nice abilities in his reps today. What do you think of Kareem Hunt out there? Really slimmed down from his 225lbs to 208lbs for this senior bowl!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was going to post, Kazee showed he can press a WR and jam him at line. Really improved his stock today. Reminds me of Hayward a little, I have him mocked as a 3rd round pick, but he could sneak into the 2nd! Sutton showed some nice abilities in his reps today. What do you think of Kareem Hunt out there? Really slimmed down from his 225lbs to 208lbs for this senior bowl!

Kareem still has good size hands and I still think he could pack on more muscle. He's also only 5'10" so I'm not that worried about it. I still like him quite a bit.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the season Hunt looked chiseled at 225 but he showed up at senior bowl surprising 208 he runs like David Johnson thats my opinion.

I'll take anyone that runs like DJ in this offense. I need to scout his tapes a little more(only watched 1 tape and a highlight reel), but that's quite the comparison.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please TT, please draft Kareem Hunt. He definitely improved his stock today and if he is still on the board in 3rd we need to draft him even worth moving up for!

Latest posts