Scrimmage Summary

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
IMHO the person that wrote this is mentally challenged.

Although I don't agree with RP, I think the mentally challenging tag is stuck on the wrong person.

It is Ok PackOne. I will be mentally challenged.

I will type it out at the 7th grade seventh, seventh month level and perhaps he will get it.

The point is Defence wins Super bowls. The Packers and T.T. are building one of the best. 2007 may not be the year we all want. 2008 will be better. 2009 will be the year.

Many great football minds have said "The Superbowl is a five year plan."

Who here can argue with me that over the last two years T.T. built a defence that has a solid foundation. Two more years building the Offence and that makes a Superbowl contender in 2009.

If that makes me mentally challenged, then forget about political correctness and just call me retarded.

R.P.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I will type it out at the 7th grade seventh, seventh month level and perhaps he will get it.

The point is Defence wins Super bowls. The Packers and T.T. are building one of the best. 2007 may not be the year we all want. 2008 will be better. 2009 will be the year.

Who here can argue with me that over the last two years T.T. built a defence that has a solid foundation. Two more years building the Offence and that makes a Superbowl contender in 2009.

If that makes me mentally challenged, then forget about political correctness and just call me retarded.

R.P.

No offense RP, but it's pretty hard to gain credibility (even at the 7th grade level) when you continually spell defense wrong.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

No offense RP, but it's pretty hard to gain credibility (even at the 7th grade level) when you continually spell defense wrong.

No offense Lare, but it is pretty hard to gain credibility when you trash a person without knowing that there are two correct spellings of the word Defence/Defense.

There is Defense which is the American spelling. And then there is Defence which is the English spelling. I speak English, both should be the same.

I apologize to you sir for I was educated in Canada.

This is what kills me about forums. You get people who need to make a comment about something that they have no idea about, that has nothing to do with the thread, or football for that matter.

This is a football Forum. Not a spelling forum.

R.P.

Reaction score
So, does anyone else think that Ingle Martin's performance might have been the result of the 3rd string o-liners not being able to pass block adequately?

It seems like every time he snapped the ball, he was scrambling out of the pocket within the next couple of seconds.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my though right after I posted it. :doh:

Actually, the thing I was pleased with above all else was that Kurt Schott. got booed when he was introduced. That made my night.

The dude needs to get his act together, and he better have realized then (if he hadn't already) that Packer fans are privy to his less than stellar record as DB coach.

Get your act together quickly Kurt!!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how did Jimbo Jones play? Still hoping some highlights of the scrimmage will appear on the 'tube..

Reaction score
He did well.

He is a crisp route runner, and you saw that a few times. He also made a couple of catches in traffic, and it seems like he isn't shy of contact.

Overall, he impressed more than Martin and Ferggie, both of whom were our #3 WR last year. That has to be a good sign.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not see the scrimmage but can say this from reading the comments.
1) The defense SHOULD be ahead of the offense at this point. Especially against the run.

2) We have a good defense. I would have been very surprised to hear that our offense was really affective at this point. It is nice to hear that the "0" line has got it's assignments down for the most part and appears to be far ahead of where they were last year. I have to say I winced every time Brett went back to pass last year. That was what? Close to 400 winces? It wasn't that they weren't doing a good job because for the most part they did a hell of job considering how young they were. I just have a lot more trust in them with that year under the rookies belt.

3) It's nice to hear some names on defense that were not really thought to be front runners for playing time doing really well. You can't have enough corners and DB's playing well. I guess I am not that surprised Underwood is reacting with stiffness at this point. It takes awhile to limber up after a bad knee.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
A question to those who have had a chance to watch replays of the scrimmage:

Was the O-line opening holes in the running game?

11 carries for 46 yards between Jackson and Herron. It's not great but that's not down right bad either. I thought the offensive line did pretty well for a scrimmage but I don't believe they were cutting since you don't cut block your own players.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hope Ferguson gets cut. He's been so worthless for us these past few years.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
A question to those who have had a chance to watch replays of the scrimmage:

Was the O-line opening holes in the running game?

It wouldn't really matter. We can't cut block against our own men.

Then again, the backs put up some average runs with an offensive line that didn't really do what they'd do at gametime.

So I'd say that's a good sign. Either that, or the defense sucks.

Members online

Latest posts