Scouting Report - The Bears

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense: They suck...just play them straight up and make the QB beat you.

Defense: This defense makes a living punishing QBs and WRs and forcing QBs into bad decisions with relentless pressure. The resultant turnovers are where this defense really can hurt you.

MS/TR Gameplan: I know they know that I know they know, so therefore, I will play to the defenses strengths and abandon my running game (even when gaining 4.5 yds per attempt) and force my recently error prone QB into an all out aerial assault...where he can get his *** splattered with regularity and continue his recent rash of bad decision making...and turnovers.

Literally, this is how it had to read, because this is exactly what those two hacks did with our offense on Sunday. If EVER there was a day to keep the ball on theground and the clock ticking, while protecting the one difference-maker you have on offense, Sunday would have been that day.....for everyone but MS/TR.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs you are upset man.... But it seems the truth and nothing but the truth..

No backfield help for Brett, do you want him killed?? Today I was watching mexican tv and one of the hardest hits of the week was one of Favres fumbles, acctually the top one.. I wish Shermy or Rossley have got it instead of Brett.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack was only down 9-7 at the half.
The running game had been working up to half time.
The score was very manageable considering da Bears have no offense.
Can anybody tell me how many times the Pack ran the ball in the 1st half and for how many yards vs the second half?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's been said no one did as well as the Packers against the Bears D as the Packers O did last week. ... True ?

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers and stats are wonderful....if they are followed by a W. It only takes but a few poor decisions in a game create a loss. Our coaches and players have been providing them with stunning regularity lately.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only ran the ball 9 times in the second half (which is strange because that's when the run usually starts to work best). The stats are somewhat skewed by us being down and having to throw to catch up but 9 runs was not enough in the second half especially since it was pretty obvious Brett was having a bad day.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We only ran the ball 9 times in the second half (which is strange because that's when the run usually starts to work best). The stats are somewhat skewed by us being down and having to throw to catch up but 9 runs was not enough in the second half especially since it was pretty obvious Brett was having a bad day.

Actually GB wasn't down by much until late in the game. We were down 9-7 at halftime and a FG would have given us the lead, so there was no problem with long drives coming out of half-time. So this argument that being behind means we have to pass is just BS. The only time we're forced to pass is when it's late in the half or being down late in the game.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
TOPackerFan said:

Actually GB wasn't down by much until late in the game. We were down 9-7 at halftime and a FG would have given us the lead, so there was no problem with long drives coming out of half-time. So this argument that being behind means we have to pass is just BS. The only time we're forced to pass is when it's late in the half or being down late in the game.
Thank you guys!
So we went away from the run when there was no reason to do so.
Who is calling the plays?

Members online

Latest posts