Scotland to Green Bay

Malachor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all - big Packers fan from Scotland here.

I have been telling my dad (who's just retired) about my love for NFL and, specifically, the Packers. Was sitting having a beer with him last week and he suggested we take a trip to Green Bay next September.

Not too much of a tall order to fulfill what is becoming my lifelong dream - but a lot of logistics invlolved!

I think we can get direct flights to Chicago, but from there I'm kinda lost as to how we get to Green Bay. Should we get a bus? Train? Car hire? Any recommendations for hotels in Green Bay?

I know we might not get game tickets, but I'd love to just be in the town when a game is on. Being at the tailgate would be fantastic.

Any advice much appreciated.

All the best and GO PACK GO

Chris

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

I have been telling my dad (who's just retired) about my love for NFL and, specifically, the Packers. Was sitting having a beer with him last week and he suggested we take a trip to Green Bay next September.

Not too much of a tall order to fulfill what is becoming my lifelong dream - but a lot of logistics invlolved!

I think we can get direct flights to Chicago, but from there I'm kinda lost as to how we get to Green Bay. Should we get a bus? Train? Car hire? Any recommendations for hotels in Green Bay?

I know we might not get game tickets, but I'd love to just be in the town when a game is on. Being at the tailgate would be fantastic.

Chris
Green Bay does have an airport. I know because I used it 3 months ago. The last 200 miles for the flight is not cheap though. Fly into Chicago or Minneapolis and rent a car. Look for and reserve your hotel within hours of the schedule release or you will most likely not get one in Green Bay.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chris

I always fly in from Phoenix to Chicago. Flights are cheaper to there. I always just get a rental and drive up. It's a nice drive up to GB from there.

You can get tickets on Stub Hub. If on a budget, pick a game that the visiting team isn't Albert popular.

I always stay in Appleton because the hotels are half the price.

OP
OP
Malachor

Malachor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys - many thanks for the replies. The car thing sounds sensible but I just worry about all the extra insurances etc.

The Appleton thing is interesting. Only thing is if me and my dad had some beers in GB on the day of the game (or hopefully at the game) I'm not sure how easy it would be to get there? Would a taxi be expensive?

Cheers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chris

As said the pubs and hotels run shuttle buses to and from the game, get blitzed and don't worry about the driving. People will recommend that you drink Spotted Cow, don't drink it out of the tap because it tastes like swill that way. Bottle or nothing thats the only way to try Spotty, I recommend New Glarus Staghorn and Lakefront Riverwest Stein, for food youve gotta try fried cheese curds but do your research first.

How many days are you thinking of?

Last edited:

Latest posts