Say a prayer for our brother, Long Time Fan.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's burying his dad today.

May the God of peace, whose love surpasses all understanding, hold you and keep in his grace. He will gave grace sufficient for this day, and for all the days to come.

We love you.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never know what to say for these things. But I am sorry to hear it and sorry for the loss.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My condolences to longtimefan and his family.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the feeling, and time never completely heals those kind of wounds IMO but it will get better I promise you that. Stay strong with your family and keep on keepin on.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts go out to you and your family longtimefan,
I lost my dad at the age of 12,
While you never completely get over it, With the help of those around you I hope you can soon get around it.
It's tough,
Wish you the best,
Shawn

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TY all

It was easier than I expected..I had a few moments that the tears just flowed..but It really was easier then I thought.

He was put in a military portion of the cemetery in a above ground crypt. We had full military honors near his spot. I was last one to leave and that was hard..Was last time his "body" was with me

Spirit with in my heart

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TY all

It was easier than I expected..I had a few moments that the tears just flowed..but It really was easier then I thought.

He was put in a military portion of the cemetery in a above ground crypt. We had full military honors near his spot. I was last one to leave and that was hard..Was last time his "body" was with me

Spirit with in my heart
God bless you and your family LTF.
I, as an only child, had to bury my dad also back a decade or so ago, him being still in his 40's and it being very sudden.

It always hurts, leaves a hole in the heart, but you'll also always have the memories in your heart as well.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
TY all

Spirit with in my heart
I know "Taps" had to bring some tears. Bless you and your family and your father's sacrifice to the nation LTF. He will never be forgotten by your family nor the nation that appreciates his service.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God bless you and your family LTF.
I, as an only child, had to bury my dad also back a decade or so ago, him being still in his 40's and it being very sudden.

It always hurts, leaves a hole in the heart, but you'll also always have the memories in your heart as well.

Same story from over here in Slaughter land, lost my dad a decade ago he was too young and I was far too young to loose a parent. It will get easier with time, draw your loved ones in close and remember the old "what would dad do" even more now that hes not around to tell you ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know "Taps" had to bring some tears. Bless you and your family and your father's sacrifice to the nation LTF. He will never be forgotten by your family nor the nation that appreciates his service.

yes, that and presenting the flag

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
yes, that and presenting the flag
A flag of a grateful nation. A flag that recognizes that sacrifice to the nation means all.
He deserved it all. Salute to your father from a veteran longtimefran. Bless him and let's all remember that generation.

Members online

Latest posts