Saints looked good last night

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only watched the first half of the game, but New Orleans looks like they could be a player in the NFC this year. Brooks looked pretty cool in the pocket, McAllister ran hard as usual behind a good O-line, and they've got two good wideouts in Horn and Stallworth. On defense, they've always had a good front four and now with Mckenzie and Dwight Smith, their secondary looks solid. They've had the talent the last few years, but could never put it together. Is this the year Brooks and Co. realize their potential?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
Is this the year Brooks and Co. realize their potential?

No!!! hehehe..

i saw that game as well..did you get to see the Saints come back and win? it got pretty fun to watch towards the end. anyways, as long as Haslett is there i can't see the Saints doing anything spectacular this year. plus with the Jags and Falcons in their division that puts a couple decent obstacles in the way. they did have some rythm towards the end of season last year, so anything is possible. i say they fight it out with the bucs for the bottom of the pile.

OP
OP
NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right arrow. I'm flying up for the Saints game on Oct. 9 and I'd like nothing more than to see McKenzie get burned for what he put the Packers through last year.

BTW - I assume you meant the Panthers, not the Jags.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
I hope you're right arrow. I'm flying up for the Saints game on Oct. 9 and I'd like nothing more than to see McKenzie get burned for what he put the Packers through last year.

BTW - I assume you meant the Panthers, not the Jags.

i was close, at least they're both cats :wink:

but come oct. 9th...i think we'll have one more in the win column. hell, we better. we have a lot tougher opponents than the Saints this season.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints have had a talent laden team many times and for some reason they never live up to the expectations. I wonder why. It's not like they are a dome team that has to play division foes out in the elements. I never could figure out this team.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints just have the extreme unfortunate position of being in the NFC South, where Atlanta is clearly the cream of the crop in that division, and Carolina will certainly be back to form this year. Tampa Bay will even be improved I think. This division is really going to beat each other up, but I could easily see NO finishing 3rd or 4th just basing on how tough ATL and CAR will be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts