Running game??

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman had it easier establishing the run with the o-line we had. I miss that O-line but I belive by next year or 2 this line will be as good if we keep them together

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe MM heard me. :thumbsup:

Heh. Maybe he did. Green and Morency look good if given a chance. We need more carries next week.

Thumbs up to our D. They saved the game for us.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Maybe MM heard me. :thumbsup:

Heh. Maybe he did. Green and Morency look good if given a chance. We need more carries next week.

Thumbs up to our D. They saved the game for us.

maby not next week.

favre needs to win it next week because we have to go after the vikings weekness.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when is 32 planned run plays not sticking with the run game?

let them coach, and you sit here and look *, ok?

*Edited by Ryan

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah we never run

except our only 2 touchdowns...

and the other 32 times we ran it...

figure it out guys, stop being silly.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when is 32 planned run plays not sticking with the run game?

let them coach, and you sit here and look stupid, ok?
at the time I posted it was 34-19 pass/run. I give MM credit for running on that last drive.

And whats with the name calling? Follow the rules or dont bother posting.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There were 2 series on nfl.com where it was all passing..but looking at it more..

1 st q...1st drive was 6 passes 5 runs

this is a 3rd q drive

pass, 4 staight runs then 1 pass

3 straight runs..

next series again 3 straight runs..

4th q 1st series 2 straight runs then a pass which was intercepted

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Zone Blocking scheme is supposed to allow you to increase your carries every quarter and then in the 4th quarter you pretty much run to put it away. I thought the end of the game was a classic example of how you run this scheme. Very nice job on the last drive of putting the game away.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Zone Blocking scheme is supposed to allow you to increase your carries every quarter and then in the 4th quarter you pretty much run to put it away. I thought the end of the game was a classic example of how you run this scheme. Very nice job on the last drive of putting the game away.

Definetely. Wasn't it Jags who said you hit 1-3 yarders the first half which set up the long 20-30 yarders in the second? Maybe it was on Madden that I heard it. I think it was Jags tho.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we don't run an awful lot, but we should run it more than we do. Look at who we got at running backs. Green and morrency, Thats a good tandom. with green as the starter of course.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when you are not getting large gains on a consistent basis, you can't keep calling runs. I know you won't get big gains every time you run the ball, but they run it three or four times and gain nothing, and than gain 15 on one. Then they go another 3 or 4 runs before they get another gain. And when they don't get a big gain, they get no gain, or lose yardage. They don't get 3 or 4 yars a pop. You have to pass it then, on 2 and long.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont plan on a ton of running on thrusday because we have to face the Queens and the only good part of there team is their Run D. Does anyone know if they will be starting that Jackson at QB they put him in today and if they do I hope we can send some pressure and make he throw bad passes all day.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont plan on a ton of running on thrusday because we have to face the Queens and the only good part of there team is their Run D.

you mean we have to consider strategy when dealing with the coaches statements?

wheres the fun in that!

:noflame:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Definetely. Wasn't it Jags who said you hit 1-3 yarders the first half which set up the long 20-30 yarders in the second? Maybe it was on Madden that I heard it. I think it was Jags tho.

It was Jags. Havel quotes him on it on the radio once in a while. Next week thought the running game is going to have problems against the Vikings.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to really like Morency. I got noyhing against Green but I'm almost ready to name Morency the starter and use Green as the hammer in the 2nd half and 3rd downs. This would also help keep him injury free

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to really like Morency. I got noyhing against Green but I'm almost ready to name Morency the starter and use Green as the hammer in the 2nd half and 3rd downs. This would also help keep him injury free

i dont think he is ready to be a starter yet, maby next season.

i dont agree with your last sentence, i dont see how makeing him not a starter would make him injury free.

Members online

Latest posts