Rumor: Peyton wants to join the Texans

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?s...tball&id=8542447&rss=rss-ktrk-article-8542447

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Here's what I heard and this could be very interesting with a lot of moving parts.

Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description.

Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but I'm told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business. And don't underplay the competitiveness between Peyton and Eli -- it "does" matter that Eli has two Super Bowl rings to his one.

This is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen.

A big factor is Peyton's arm strength and right now he's still not back to what he was, but it's early. And then there's Matt Schaub to factor in as well.

All that aside, be it a long shot or reality, I know for a fact that he does have a definite interest in the Texans.

Well first of all I don't know if you can trust this guy but it's making the rounds on Colts/Texans forums.

It's Jim Irsay now who is the owner. A mistake by the writer.

And the only way I could even fathom this is if Schaub's own rehab is not going as well as expected or they have doubts with his durability. I don't even think the Texans have a ton of cap space but I am not sure.

And lastly, maybe Peyton really does want to go to a SB ready team.

Sounds like a fun rumor and nothing more........

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of Peyton does stay in Indy he can forget about another ring. What's more important? Tying li'l bro or retiring as a colt?

Members online

Latest posts