Round 7 Pick #247 - Malachi Dupre

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LSU WR

6' 3" 195#

Lots of info on who he could eventually be. But in the 7th round.....who knows.

I like his size!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mayock said he expected this kid you go 3rd or 4th which tells me something. LSU receivers have shown well over the past few years. You can't just look at their production, or lack thereof, because there offense they have been running is brutal when it comes to highlighting pass catchers. Size, speed and desire are 3 things this kid has and that counts for something.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mayock said he expected this kid you go 3rd or 4th which tells me something. LSU receivers have shown well over the past few years. You can't just look at their production, or lack thereof, because there offense they have been running is brutal when it comes to highlighting pass catchers. Size, speed and desire are 3 things this kid has and that counts for something.

He played with flaming trash at QB, it says something when a school has to replace it's QB with a kid who transferred out of Purdue.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The more I read about Dupre, the more I like. While I don't think he is going to push anyone out of the starting line-up his first year, I think he is going to be a surprise. It's hard not to read a review of him, without someone mentioning how well he played considering the offense LSU was running and the QB's he worked with.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm correct, this kid was the #1 prep wide receiver in 2014. The talent is there. Hopefully he takes some time to develop and learn how to properly play the position.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Very interesting profile. Long and lean, decent speed, stiff, and can jump out of the gym. I definitely like the flier that late.

Now for the real analysis. If he ends up being good, we can pretend his last name is pronounced "Dooper" and call him Super Duper. That's how you pick a player right there!

H

HardRightEdge

He runs a nice corner route. Kind of a generic major conference receiver. Not much to get excited about here. It is the 7th. round after all.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He runs a nice corner route. Kind of a generic major conference receiver. Not much to get excited about here. It is the 7th. round after all.

Yeah but looks like a good value target, might have gone 3rd round with decent quarterback play. He does fit Aaron's skillset rather nicely. Big catch radius and a jumper, he might be good on back shoulder throws. He looks smart though, can't put my finger on why. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah but looks like a good value target, might have gone 3rd round with decent quarterback play. He does fit Aaron's skillset rather nicely. Big catch radius and a jumper, he might be good on back shoulder throws. He looks smart though, can't put my finger on why. ;)

Well, you know what the scouts said in "Moneyball". "He's got a good face." Now we need to know if his girlfriend is attractive, which speaks to confidence. ;) Seriously though, when you get to the bottom of the draft and UDFA's you just have to see who shows something in preseason.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm correct, this kid was the #1 prep wide receiver in 2014. The talent is there. Hopefully he takes some time to develop and learn how to properly play the position.

I thinks Rod had faith in Adams. I think that is why he kept targeting adams so many times in 15'. If rod sees talent in dupre it's game over for the other teams.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

kid reminds me of the actor richard ayoade in The IT Crowd without the weird hair doo. good show btw.

Sky King

Reaction score

He looks younger than the newest pair of underwear I own.

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Malachi on a weekly basis (I am an LSU Season Ticket Holder), I think we got a steal. However, the biggest knock on him is being "soft". Great raw skills, can jump out of the gym, would have loved to see him with a real QB during his college years. Guess we are finally going to see what he can do with a real QB throwing him the ball. I certainly think he will make the team, and I am cautiously optimistic.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....I thought the same until I read the PFF scouting report on him, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't the scouting report on Janis! :eek:

I still think Janis makes the team as a gunner. also dupre is not nearly as athletic or as big as janis is. The ones that could lose there spot to these guys are Allison and Davis as neither of them can cover. yancy looks to be a possible special teamer but I think dupre is too skinny

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Watching Malachi on a weekly basis (I am an LSU Season Ticket Holder), I think we got a steal. However, the biggest knock on him is being "soft". Great raw skills, can jump out of the gym, would have loved to see him with a real QB during his college years. Guess we are finally going to see what he can do with a real QB throwing him the ball. I certainly think he will make the team, and I am cautiously optimistic.

Agreed. When you consider he led LSU in receiving yards, receptions and receiving TD's, as well as just being on a quality SEC team, you know the skill set is probably there. I'm still shocked he made it all the way to the 7th round.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still think Janis makes the team as a gunner. also dupre is not nearly as athletic or as big as janis is.
I think history has shown, the WR's that get playing time are the ones who can learn the playbook and how to communicate with AR. That should be goal #1 for Dupre.

ztro4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a good example look at OBJ. He certainly was very good for LSU, however he was not near the WR that he has shown to be on the NFL level. Certainly not comparing OBJs and Malachi's skill-set, but Malachi is just 3 years removed from being the top WR recruit in the Country. Until Leslie buried him in the LSU WR Graveyard....ughhhhhhhh

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
For a good example look at OBJ. He certainly was very good for LSU, however he was not near the WR that he has shown to be on the NFL level. Certainly not comparing OBJs and Malachi's skill-set, but Malachi is just 3 years removed from being the top WR recruit in the Country. Until Leslie buried him in the LSU WR Graveyard....ughhhhhhhh
So, if I'm a top WR high school recruit, why would I choose LSU if they can't feature my skillset? Easiest textbooks and hottest "support" staff?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts