Ron Wolf seem to be a bad teacher

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
P@ck66 said:
Holmgren built the Seahawks!

Mike Holmgren has said that Ted Thompson had more to do with the draft decisions that Seattle made than he did. I guess Mike is so humble he doesn't want to take the credit. :wink:

Please provide a link!

I believe you know what kind of personality Holmgren is. Do you really believe that control freak (remember why he left Green Bay) would let anybody else have final say over him?

Guys, I'm willing to give TT a chance but right now he is 4-12 lifetime as a GM. Somebody mentioned all the injuries we had last season as an excuse. Well if it isn't a good enough excuse for Sherman than it isn't a good enough excuse for the GM. Can't have it both ways.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
mattresell said:
I think some people just get upset with TT because he's not flashy. It makes our off season boring, so we eventually turn to calling each other names and getting our forum locked up.

Some people just want the big name free agents that they've heard of for the past 8-10 years. Whether it's the right thing to do or not, it is atleast exciting.

Me? I like TT and his plan. It may not be fun to follow, but I think it has a better chance of succeeding than the "Daniel Snyder way."

Wow - Amazing a real cohesive post - full of intelligent viewpoints.

Imagine that - he didn't have to slam or slander or degrade anyone - no one in the entire membership... just to get his point across.
Nicely done!

Others appear to be handicapped in this ability!
Maybe they should apply for government assistance and live off their neighbor's hard earned paychecks.... no names, you know who you are.

True commen t about Snyder, as well - you notice the Committee to find a replacement for Tagliabue doesn't have Snyder on it..... for a reason.!!

yeah, prez - too bad you couldn't have managed to return the favor!!! sheesh - i don't recall hearing so much negativity from you before - what's up, buddy?? having a bad day/week/month?? lighten up & try to remember that there may actually be members on the site that are receiving some sort of gov't assistance - no need to bash them, ok??

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everbody's blaming Sherman, well I say it is all Ron Wolf's fault for the last 6 years, you touched on it DePack, the reason Holmgren left is because he wanted more control, he was pissed that Wolf traded Brunnell away instead of keeping him, he wanted to keep the players that had been drafted and brought up through the system.

Wolf would not givre Holmgren that power so he left, then what does Wolf do, he hires Sherman after that one year debacle with Rhodes, then decides to retire and gives Sherman all the power that Holmgren wanted,

So all you Sherman haters out there, don't blame him, if Ron Wolf would have just gave Mike Holmgren what he wanted in the first place, who knows what would have happened the last six years.

Does this sound ridiculous, pretty much, but not anymore ridiculous then any other of these"Blame Mike Sherman posts" that keep appearing on this forum.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look..nobody's blaming Mike Sherman...

He was just not "competent" enough to do the job....you know..he "sucked" at it....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
IPBprez said:
mattresell said:
I think some people just get upset with TT because he's not flashy. It makes our off season boring, so we eventually turn to calling each other names and getting our forum locked up.

Some people just want the big name free agents that they've heard of for the past 8-10 years. Whether it's the right thing to do or not, it is atleast exciting.

Me? I like TT and his plan. It may not be fun to follow, but I think it has a better chance of succeeding than the "Daniel Snyder way."

Imagine that - he didn't have to slam or slander or degrade anyone - no one in the entire membership... just to get his point across.
Nicely done!

Maybe they should apply for government assistance and live off their neighbor's hard earned paychecks.... no names, you know who you are.

True commen t about Snyder, as well - you notice the Committee to find a replacement for Tagliabue doesn't have Snyder on it..... for a reason.!!

yeah, prez - too bad you couldn't have managed to return the favor!!! sheesh - i don't recall hearing so much negativity from you before - what's up, buddy?? having a bad day/week/month?? lighten up & try to remember that there may actually be members on the site that are receiving some sort of gov't assistance - no need to bash them, ok??
Thanks 4pack.........i think sometimes people automatically place all in the same boat if they need assistance. That we are all lazy or something. Oh well..........I don't think Prez meant me, as i was agreeing with him. I think it was just an attempt for him to make some kind of point. I'm not "politically correct" myself, so i can't really complain.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4packgirl said:
IPBprez said:
mattresell said:

Nicely done!

Thanks 4pack.........i think sometimes people automatically place all in the same boat if they need assistance. That we are all lazy or something. Oh well..........I don't think Prez meant me, as i was agreeing with him. I think it was just an attempt for him to make some kind of point. I'm not "politically correct" myself, so i can't really complain.

I think there are only very few people who would get up in arms if government assistance was used in the way it was intended. it's those other guys who F up the system to coast through life... i'm getting government assistance (Financial Aid for College and Graduate studies), and i certainly don't feel offended by Prez's post. i hope he didn't hurt Cheesey's feelings, cuz that wouldn't be cool.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4packgirl said:
IPBprez said:
mattresell said:

Nicely done!

I think there are only very few people who would get up in arms if government assistance was used in the way it was intended. it's those other guys who F up the system to coast through life... i'm getting government assistance (Financial Aid for College and Graduate studies), and i certainly don't feel offended by Prez's post. i hope he didn't hurt Cheesey's feelings, cuz that wouldn't be cool. if he did, he should apologize

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He probably doesn't have a problem with "corporate welfare"...i am sure...

Sometimes hypocrisy knows no bounds...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know digs..

I don't know why guys have to start things by throwing these kinds of comments in their posts...?

Now back to Packer football...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I don't know digs..

I don't know why guys have to start things by throwing these kinds of comments in their posts...?

Now back to Packer football...

you mean "Now back to BASHING Packer football, don't you 66?"

Thaaaaaaaanks

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
cheesey said:
4packgirl said:
IPBprez said:
mattresell said:

Nicely done!

I think there are only very few people who would get up in arms if government assistance was used in the way it was intended. it's those other guys who F up the system to coast through life... i'm getting government assistance (Financial Aid for College and Graduate studies), and i certainly don't feel offended by Prez's post. i hope he didn't hurt Cheesey's feelings, cuz that wouldn't be cool. if he did, he should apologize

It's ok......i don't think it was directed at me.....if it was, i'm sure i will find out. I'm on disability.......most people here i think know that, some might not. It's not like i like being sick.....trust me, it's NOT fun. I, both my parents, my brother, all paid in all their lives and other then me, died before being able to collect any of what they paid in all those years. So i don't feel too bad collecting what my family paid for. I'd much rather be healthy, but seeing as there's no cure, it is what it is. You have to play the hand you are dealt, good or bad. If people want to take shots at me for it, go ahead......it wouldn't be the first time. (or the last i'm sure)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck cheesy. I hope everything works out for you. That's what the system is for. To help people that are truly less fortunate. God Bless.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Good luck cheesy. I hope everything works out for you. That's what the system is for. To help people that are truly less fortunate. God Bless.

Thanks DePack! It sure does help......to be honest, if it wasn't for my wife working, i'd be a street person. You can't live on what i get, but it does help pay for my medical bills and medicine and food.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Or TT is a bad student.

Just a reminder..

Ron Wolf took a depleted team and turned into Super Bowl team, to do so he begin by:

Signing the hottest HC available: Mike Holmgreen.

Taking a high risk in Free Agency and signing:

Brett Favre.

Reggie White.

Yes he TOOK THE RISK of overpaying, of being the clown of the NFL, etc..

But he build a team that lasted for more than 10 years, by the way the team became a winner immediatelly, maybe not a SB contender but a winning team right away.

Holmgren was the hottest HC available? News to me.

Trading for Brett, yes big risk.

Signing Reggie, no risk. GREAT MOVE.

Who was overpaid? Jones? Dotson? Rison? Simmons? Who?

He built the team mainly through the draft! Specifically in the later rounds of the draft.

His first year as GM he didn't lose his starting RB, WR, TE and back up RB for significant amount of time and in some cases the whole season. Did he have two new G's?
He also didn't have the handicap (Sherman) to slow him down.

Members online

Latest posts