Roman Fined for Vicious Hit

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From KFFL

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers SS Mark Roman has been fined $7,500 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Denver Broncos TE Tony Scheffler Week 17.

Niners' makeover begins on defense
Nolan fires coordinator Davis, line coach Emanuel
By MATT MAIOCCO
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

The anticipated makeover of the 49ers' defense this offseason will include the coaching staff.

Defensive coordinator Billy Davis and defensive line coach Gary Emanuel were fired after their Tuesday meetings with coach Mike Nolan.

Nolan is expected to pursue a defensive coordinator with experience, which will allow him to focus more on game management.

Jim Bates and Donnie Henderson are candidates for the coordinator position. Bates, a longtime coordinator, decided to sit out last season after getting passed over for the Green Bay Packers head-coaching job. Henderson, who coached one season together with Nolan in Baltimore, was fired as Lions defensive coordinator this week. Others whom Nolan might investigate are Dave McGinnis (Titans) and Dom Capers (Dolphins).

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070104/NEWS/701040354/1016/SPORT0501

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Jims name mentioned for the Dolphins job. That'd be neat.

He was there Defensive cordinator before he came to us and I think he had a shot at there head coaching job as well but was passed over for Nick Saban.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He probably won't ever come back to GB, however we seem to have some good coaches in our organisation now, the only suspense is around our OC position, let's hope one of our assistants work out!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you really want Henderson, who was not good enough to keep the DC job on the Lions??

My bet would be on Capers -- if Miami doesn't promote him.

Wasn't the this thread about Roman actually tackling someone yet noone mentions it.

Latest posts