Rodgers vs Vick, a Tale of the Tape

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got one more for ya Everyone loved this game

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu0H1YHOL_8]YouTube - Michael Vick 6 TD Performance Eagles vs Redskins November 15, 2010[/ame]

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, Cheesehead, you are attracting trolls now. How about Vick's running because he can't make the quick reads...he had 11 fumbles and lost 7 of them. Rodgers 4 fumbles lost three.
Vick gets sacked 8.4% of passing attempts, Rodgers 6.1%....CM3 should be happy. I'm not worried about Vick at all....just the usual special teams concerns...but I feel good.

you're not worried about vick at all? than you're stupid. Not to mention he doesn't run because he can't make quick reads he runs because andy reid is a dope and ever since he's been here he decided it wasn't important to create a hot route sight adjustment system. So when you blitz our Wr's don't adjust their routes and vick has to run because they aren't looking for the ball. It's not our players fault it's the damn idiot coach which is why we will never win a SB with Andy Reid.

OP
OP
ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are good, but not unbeatable! Does anyone have highlights from the the Minnesota Vikings vs Eagles game? That's a good one to review.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the first meeting with Vick was a opening day game with both teams getting their legs under them. So yeah, his scrambling ability was a shock to the Packers D when they didn't expect him. He also came in fresh against the D that had been out there awhile so wasn't quite as fresh. Although if I remember it was mostly 3 and outs so GB's D couldn't have been that tired. But, they were still learning how to play together. We had some rookies out there (Morgan Burnett for one, Shields).

I think now with a Defense with 16 weeks under it's belt and playing much better and a gameplan in place, Vick will have a tougher time running/passing it on the Packers. He'll still do damage, but he won't go nuts like in the 2nd half of that week 1 game. If he does, well, we lose.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you're not worried about vick at all? than you're stupid. Not to mention he doesn't run because he can't make quick reads he runs because andy reid is a dope and ever since he's been here he decided it wasn't important to create a hot route sight adjustment system. So when you blitz our Wr's don't adjust their routes and vick has to run because they aren't looking for the ball. It's not our players fault it's the damn idiot coach which is why we will never win a SB with Andy Reid.

You just gave me all the reasons not to be worried about Vick-you blame it on the coaches, I'm just reporting what I see. A little rude for a visitor to call me stupid...no problem...not worth my time.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the first meeting with Vick was a opening day game with both teams getting their legs under them. So yeah, his scrambling ability was a shock to the Packers D when they didn't expect him. He also came in fresh against the D that had been out there awhile so wasn't quite as fresh. Although if I remember it was mostly 3 and outs so GB's D couldn't have been that tired. But, they were still learning how to play together. We had some rookies out there (Morgan Burnett for one, Shields).

I think now with a Defense with 16 weeks under it's belt and playing much better and a gameplan in place, Vick will have a tougher time running/passing it on the Packers. He'll still do damage, but he won't go nuts like in the 2nd half of that week 1 game. If he does, well, we lose.
Also, there's no way the Packers prepared for Vick. Totally different defensive game plan than if they were playing Kolb.

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, Cheesehead, you are attracting trolls now. How about Vick's running because he can't make the quick reads...he had 11 fumbles and lost 7 of them. Rodgers 4 fumbles lost three.
Vick gets sacked 8.4% of passing attempts, Rodgers 6.1%....CM3 should be happy. I'm not worried about Vick at all....just the usual special teams concerns...but I feel good.
Yeah vick has the worst oline in the league. They consist of 3rd stringers and back ups. Vick can make quick reads when getting blitzed. His receivers are going deep instead of cutting off their routes and coming back to the ball to help their qb when hes in trouble. When a defender is already in your backfield when the ball is snapped its kinda hard to set your feet and make a quick read. This game will be very exciting. Its gonna be a battle.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can't always rely on stats...

Anyway, the Packers defense I think have a good shot winning this game...but it will be CLOSE.

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are good, but not unbeatable! Does anyone have highlights from the the Minnesota Vikings vs Eagles game? That's a good one to review.
Why is everyone on Vicks case for Having One Bad game ALL SEASON? It happens, Brady lost to the Browns, and Peyton threw 4 picks and lost to the Cowturds in Indiannapolis. It happens. I personally think our coaching staff overlooked the Vikings preparing for potential playoff opponents. Because who would actually take the Vikings serious the way theyve been playing this season. Also Greenbay lost to the Lions. LOL so please dont start. Every team has one of those games where they lose to an awful team.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why is everyone on Vicks case for Having One Bad game ALL SEASON? It happens, Brady lost to the Browns, and Peyton threw 4 picks and lost to the Cowturds in Indiannapolis. It happens. I personally think our coaching staff overlooked the Vikings preparing for potential playoff opponents. Because who would actually take the Vikings serious the way theyve been playing this season. Also Greenbay lost to the Lions. LOL so please dont start. Every team has one of those games where they lose to an awful team.

If you are looking for praise for Vick, go to an Eagle forum. IMHO.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
That wasn't the point of her post. It was that the Eagles and Vick are beatable as proven by that game. It's the same message that shows that the Pats are not invincible (Browns game).

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah vick has the worst oline in the league. They consist of 3rd stringers and back ups. Vick can make quick reads when getting blitzed. His receivers are going deep instead of cutting off their routes and coming back to the ball to help their qb when hes in trouble. When a defender is already in your backfield when the ball is snapped its kinda hard to set your feet and make a quick read. This game will be very exciting. Its gonna be a battle.

as i said earlier that's not the WR's it's andy reid's flawed offensive system with no running the ball and chucking. We have the chuck and duck run n' shoot offense.

OP
OP
ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was just a little joke...weren't you the person who posted the highlights earlier?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunno how someone could make fun of us for losing to the lions, when they lost to the Vikings who lost to the lions.

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just gave me all the reasons not to be worried about Vick-you blame it on the coaches, I'm just reporting what I see. A little rude for a visitor to call me stupid...no problem...not worth my time.

Dude, you are STUPID. It doesn't matter what the specific reasons are, he's dangerous because he has a plus 100 QB rating and got his team into the playoffs. He does things differently, but nevertheless the things he does makes him a threat. He's had a rough last two weeks but this game won't be easy at all. The wins he has proves how good he is.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
First off to all Vick praisers please thank the Packers first for allowing him to play, if anything both teams show they have decent back up QB's. Also yeah the Eagles did have a decent comeback and it was a nailbiter thinking the Packers D wouldn't be able to hold them, but Matthews stopped Vick on the fourth down and that was the nail in the Eagle's coffin.

The Pack was unprepared for Vick their first week, lets see how they do prepared for him this week. Don't underestimate what Dom Caper's defense can do.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude, you are STUPID. It doesn't matter what the specific reasons are, he's dangerous because he has a plus 100 QB rating and got his team into the playoffs. He does things differently, but nevertheless the things he does makes him a threat. He's had a rough last two weeks but this game won't be easy at all. The wins he has proves how good he is.

Dude? You can have your opinion, which, I don't agree with, but I don't call you stupid. But maybe you are, send me your SAT scores. Call me stupid once..np...twice? You are getting on my nerves.So what about his QB rating, Rodger's is higher. Now would you like to compare defensive ratings...I think you don't want to go there...DUDE.

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off to all Vick praisers please thank the Packers first for allowing him to play, if anything both teams show they have decent back up QB's. Also yeah the Eagles did have a decent comeback and it was a nailbiter thinking the Packers D wouldn't be able to hold them, but Matthews stopped Vick on the fourth down and that was the nail in the Eagle's coffin.

The Pack was unprepared for Vick their first week, lets see how they do prepared for him this week. Don't underestimate what Dom Caper's defense can do.

you're absolutely right. But it's just straight up disrespectful to say you aren't scared of Vick. Not to mention a lie. It's like saying, Clay Matthews meh he's alright.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're absolutely right. But it's just straight up disrespectful to say you aren't scared of Vick. Not to mention a lie. It's like saying, Clay Matthews meh he's alright.

Vick, when he is "on" is the best player I have ever seen.

Do you see a long term contract being worked out for him in philly?

Members online

Latest posts