Rodgers on Inside Access

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i have more confidence in aaron rodgers than most people do. IT would be stupid if the packers draft a qb. It basically shows that last year pick would be a waste.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Good thing this RealPlayer kicks my '***'.

How the heck are u guys getting it to work? If you say 'click the link'
I'm gonna hack arrow's account and ban u! lol j/k

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

thats pretty believable, realplayer taunts me as well.

evil, evil realplayer.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
I think i have more confidence in aaron rodgers than most people do. IT would be stupid if the packers draft a qb. It basically shows that last year pick would be a waste.

I'm just the opposite.. I don't see any potential in Rodgers and I think he is a waste of a pick. Might as well get rid of him and find someone better while you still can.. Otherwise I see another Joey the Bust Harrington in the divsion..

One good thing I see out of him is he does have a good swagger which I do like but outside of that I don't really see him being very good in the future.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's going to be good. He knows what his flaws are, and he's doing what it takes to fix them. If TT takes a QB in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round I'm not going to be happy about it.

OP
OP
M

Mauk10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88, out of curiosity, what have you seen in Rodgers that's lead you to believe he's so horrible?

The only thing that's made me nervous about that interview is his saying if the packers draft a QB he might as well pack his bags. Does he not have any faith in himself? I would much rather hear him say there would be competition then him saying he'd be out of a job. I'm sure he probably didn't mean it that way (I hope).......

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am EXTREMELY nervous about Rodgers but I would be nervous with any BASICALLY rookie QB.

I can not pass judgement until the kid starts an NFL game or two. The kid already has to big of shoes to feel without fans casting judgement prematurely

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I am EXTREMELY nervous about Rodgers but I would be nervous with any BASICALLY rookie QB.

I can not pass judgement until the kid starts an NFL game or two. The kid already has to big of shoes to feel without fans casting judgement prematurely

Atleast give him a half season at the very least! lol

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I'm sure you've already tried to un-install, etc., etc. - correct?
I have a Realplayer 10Gold_BB version you can use, which works fine.
My new DELL Inspiron laptop came with version 10.5.

But, I agree, the Packers should make their videos available in ALL formats.
They are, after all, a top ten BIG money team and could certainly afford the transition.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I am EXTREMELY nervous about Rodgers but I would be nervous with BASICALLY 'any' rookie QB.

I can not pass judgement until the kid starts an NFL game or two. The kid already has "too big of shoes to fill" without the fans casting judgement prematurely

This scenario with Mr. Rodgers is very much like having to put up with any top drawer athlete fading away and some one new coming in... or even Coaches, for that matter.

Down here, in Bloomington, we had Mike Davis follow you-know-who..... Bob Knight at I.U.
His situation wasn't all that pleasant and the guy deserved a better break than what he got.
Course, tryin' to clean up the snot rags left behind from Miles Brand can't be no picnic, neither.

Back in the day, the Niners got sorta lucky with Steve Young coming in after Joe Montana.
But, I still say, ol' Steve had the benefit of Montana's team still pretty much in place, so (heck) even you or I might have had a pretty dam good season with all that protection and Jerry Rice to throw to. Without all those weapons, I didn't see Steve Young carrying his team the way Brett has in GB. (just doesn't sell)

The Packers still need a GOOD Left Guard to come in and take Mike Wahle's place. I think the right side will gel this season. Like AR said, they've had 55 guys all hanging around Lambeau "all" off season. The last time I really remember that type of thing happening was with Majik Man, and Don was who led by example back then, because the Coaches weren't really requesting such a thing. (I got to see Majik play at ol' County Stadium in 1990)

I'll say this - in the mid Nineties, I was working so much overtime to pay child support that I really did miss more games than I wanted to... but I got to see at least half of the 96 season with our gang at the (now gone) ol Damon's Clubhouse / Ramada Inn, in Beech Grove, IN -- which was very very kool.... I ended up giving my ex (like) $10,000 in CS that year because of the OT.... Still, didn't have enough leftover to make going to any of the games, until the Packers came to Indy that next season - still have the ticket stub. Took my daughter to that game. (sorry, I'm ramblin'...)

If the Packers are smart - they're using this potential QB pick conversation as decoy chatter. I could see them doing something about a backup QB, in the later rounds, or wait til next off season for a Free Agent type.... it would definitely make more sense.

We have (what) three big holes to fill first ----

• Left Guard
    Center
    Cornerback (not Harris)

Other than that - what we're looking at is the pendulum swingin' the other way from what last pre-season's conversation was all about. Last year, with the new DC, we were slated to be on top like 2003 - then, all the injuries, and the MS indecisions....

Personally, guys.... I'm lookin' forward to seein' what it was that Jags wanted to do - before Mike Sherman felt it necessary to get rid of him before (what)............. [know-it-alls, please fill in the final part, here]

In many ways, the Packers are in very much the same spot they were back in 1958 -- MM has every bit of chance of being the next Vince Lombardi -- laugh if ya like and I know a few will -- but really google Lombardi's early year(s) - 1 & 2, to be exact... especially Preseason, Year One.

Think about it - in '58, we had just hired an Assistant Coach, from the NY Giants, and since the Media wasn't like it is now - no one really knew this guy, at all. The suspicious questions were everywhere... just like right now. On top of that, both of these men were/are sure of their philosophies, and weren't/aren't afraid to have the media put it down in print, to hold against either of them. One now has a book written, full of those statements... The other is making it a point to create his own road, in very miuch the same manner... I see a lot of moxie in McCarthy... the good kind.

Some don't like the guy already - MM, that is - even though he has yet to fall on his face... an untried commodity, if you will. My approach to this new hierarchy.. is to give the guy a chance, and let's see what we're gonna see -- like stated before... let's give them all at least a half season of a chance before you start yakkin' like they should have hired YOU.

If they gel the front line and make it so Rodgers can get time to throw those passes, I think he'll do fine. Yet, again, if the line looks that good, we all know Brett will definitely be back. Either way - it's the line that the Packers are really focusing on, ............the rest is poker-face.

JMHO....!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this was a bit of a insightful interview. The kid looks confident to me. He says all the right things and gave Brett his due, but he also looks like a guy that believes in himself. I thought it was a great pick a year ago and I still think it may be. I don't get into all the prognosticators who think he can't play.

He will however only be as good as who we surround him with. We have to find some guards and a center that you can count on. It looks to me like we have no real clue who the center of that line will be. But we had better fill it will guys who can play because if we don't, it doens't matter who is behind the center.

Members online

Latest posts