Rodgers and BAd weather?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett was able to hold on to the ball in bad weather ( for the most part)

Can Rodgers do this?

I am very nervous to see how he can handle a ball when it is raining or snowing out

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

Can Rodgers do this?

I am very nervous to see how he can handle a ball when it is raining or snowing out

Well good job, LT, you just gave the anti-Rodgers people something to boast about the next couple months...until he proves them wrong.

But seriously, I don't see why not. I've never heard ONE thing about him having small hands or a lacking grip of the ball.

We'll see, I guess. The good thing is we play the Bears twice in the 2nd half of the season, so he can afford a couple games of fumbling multiple times and throwing double digit picks, and STILL win the game. Ha!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a good point, he should be used to sitting in the cold by now, but who knows. I have the faith though.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aaron rodgers doesnt have to be brett favre, he can wear gloves for snow wr gloves would be best,and the refs arent gonna like pentalize him for that :eek:

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see, I guess. The good thing is we play the Bears twice in the 2nd half of the season, so he can afford a couple games of fumbling multiple times and throwing double digit picks, and STILL win the game. Ha!
[/quote]

I have no clue why you laugh about the bears because if you look back to the 2004 season we are a whopping 2-6 so don't be laughing to hard Lovie has our number.

Sun 19-Sep-2004 Chicago Bears 10 21 L H Reg 70,688 Mike Sherman
Sun 02-Jan-2005 Chicago Bears 31 14 W A Reg 62,197 Mike Sherman

Sun 04-Dec-2005 Chicago Bears 7 19 L A Reg 62,177 Mike Sherman
Sun 25-Dec-2005 Chicago Bears 17 24 L H Reg 69,757 Mike Sherman

Sun 10-Sep-2006 Chicago Bears 0 26 L H Reg 70,918 Mike McCarthy
Sun 31-Dec-2006 Chicago Bears 26 7 W A Reg 62,287 Mike McCarthy

Sun 07-Oct-2007 Chicago Bears 20 27 L H Reg 70,904 Mike McCarthy
Sun 23-Dec-2007 Chicago Bears 7 35 L A Reg 62,272 Mike McCarthy

As far as worrying if Rodgers can hold onto the ball, lets just hope he stays healthy the next game.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:

I have no clue why you laugh about the bears because if you look back to the 2004 season we are a whopping 2-6 so don't be laughing to hard Lovie has our number.

Sun 19-Sep-2004 Chicago Bears 10 21 L H Reg 70,688 Mike Sherman
Sun 02-Jan-2005 Chicago Bears 31 14 W A Reg 62,197 Mike Sherman

Sun 04-Dec-2005 Chicago Bears 7 19 L A Reg 62,177 Mike Sherman
Sun 25-Dec-2005 Chicago Bears 17 24 L H Reg 69,757 Mike Sherman

Sun 10-Sep-2006 Chicago Bears 0 26 L H Reg 70,918 Mike McCarthy
Sun 31-Dec-2006 Chicago Bears 26 7 W A Reg 62,287 Mike McCarthy

Sun 07-Oct-2007 Chicago Bears 20 27 L H Reg 70,904 Mike McCarthy
Sun 23-Dec-2007 Chicago Bears 7 35 L A Reg 62,272 Mike McCarthy

As far as worrying if Rodgers can hold onto the ball, lets just hope he stays healthy the next game.

Well, o.k. Mr. Downer! We'll try to be more like you from now on.
" Darn those Bears, they really got our number. I don't think we'll ever beat them again."
More better?

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Rodgers had to play in any games in bad weather? I assume with being from Cal he didn't have to deal with it, sure he's practiced in bad weather in the years he's been here but playing in a real game is different.

This is a pretty good question, hopefully are running game is at full force come that time of year and we don't have to rely on the passing game.

I expect Rodgers to do just fine, especially after seeing how he handled the pressure on Monday night against the Viqueens

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez I'm not trying to be a downer im just a realist like i told Packone i try to make my comments based on facts thats all. Just like my prediction of 4-12 was planned out basically off stats and i actually gave us a split against the bears. I sound like a downer because i don't believe in Rodgers that i don't have facts for that is just my opinion. Just like TT i can't stand him i think he's got a major ego and i would be partying when he gets fired. I don't hide those feelings but i also expect the backlash for it but guess what i'm a Packer fan for life and won't ever stop cheering for them.

But anyhows we better wait this week or we will be worse then Atlanta and then we could be looking at Tim Tebow as our qb next year.

One last note a little off track i seen a thread about TT and the salary cap. They said hes saving money to sign his own players but do you realize if things don't change we will lose our guys because 2010 there won't be a cap and we won't be able to spend the money like the Cowgirls patriots and redskins just to name a few so i don't buy the saving cap room theory.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:
wischeez I'm not trying to be a downer im just a realist like i told Packone i try to make my comments based on facts thats all. Just like my prediction of 4-12 was planned out basically off stats and i actually gave us a split against the bears. I sound like a downer because i don't believe in Rodgers that i don't have facts for that is just my opinion. Just like TT i can't stand him i think he's got a major ego and i would be partying when he gets fired. I don't hide those feelings but i also expect the backlash for it but guess what i'm a Packer fan for life and won't ever stop cheering for them.

But anyhows we better wait this week or we will be worse then Atlanta and then we could be looking at Tim Tebow as our qb next year.

One last note a little off track i seen a thread about TT and the salary cap. They said hes saving money to sign his own players but do you realize if things don't change we will lose our guys because 2010 there won't be a cap and we won't be able to spend the money like the Cowgirls patriots and redskins just to name a few so i don't buy the saving cap room theory.

Yeah you know more than NFL experts, we get it.

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhazer said:

Well im no expert like you that has Rodgers winning the super bowl and mvp and pro bowl mvp and the packers are 18-0 also i dont know as much about lip gloss as you do trom after all the kissing you do of Rodgers and TT

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:
tromadz said:
dhazer said:

Well im no expert like you that has Rodgers winning the super bowl and mvp and pro bowl mvp and the packers are 18-0 also i dont know as much about lip gloss as you do trom after all the kissing you do of Rodgers and TT

That was uncalled for. No need for that. Final warning.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:

I am really laughing at some of your quotes. TT has re-built this team.

Tebow? Another Florida QB that will crapout in the NFL.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer wrote:
wischeez I'm not trying to be a downer im just a realist like i told Packone i try to make my comments based on facts thats all. Just like my prediction of 4-12 was planned out basically off stats and i actually gave us a split against the bears. I sound like a downer because i don't believe in Rodgers that i don't have facts for that is just my opinion.

dhazer, the Packers are already half way there with two wins in the first two weeks. Getting nervous? BTW, I predicted 11 wins.

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it, if you have a bad enough desire to win the cold shouldn't slow you down to much.

ChargerCheesehead12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correct, I remember either Mike Sherman or Ted Thompson discuss this after the draft. They said that Aaron's hands are big enough to grip the ball in foul weather conditions. I think they compared his hands to those of Charlie Frye, who was also in the 2005 draft, and his came out larger.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
kind of wandering away from my original question

Can Rodgers do this?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I have missed alot lately. Been haning out in the new Packers Lounge forum BTW. I am nervous too. If you are not used to it, it's not easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts